• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great King of Pop is getting richer even beyond his grave. What do you think?

. R e ð e m p † i o n

•You got a piece of meh!•
Years
  • Just the other day, I found out are local music shop (I download music here for my Nano occasionally.) had completely run out of some classic Michael Jackson DVD records of some of his concerts and tours (fake and/or licensed). I mean, literally - the shelves once brimmed with all the dust and grime was now wiped clean! This surprised me quite a bit - his death triggered a stock-memorabilia wipe-out! I knew that this was common since he passed away last week, and a lot of fans grieve over the loss...

And I respect MJ and his impact on us in the world of music.

Though, I couldn't help but think - how much would all this add up to if continued?

Years
  • A hell of a lot!
    I think it will go towards his children and their future.

At least this will pay off his debts that he, unfortunately, had.

. R e ð e m p † i o n

•You got a piece of meh!•
    Years
  • Thriller, Off the Wall, Rock with you and Beat it are one of his top songs and are the strongest in terms of retail. There's no doubt it will pay his debts or more from those proceeds.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Well supposedly he has stockpiled like 100 or so unreleased songs so that he could support his children even after he had died. And then there were also rumors that he was to release a seventh studio album called "7even"...so yeah all of that money would go to his family.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Oh yeah he will be able to pay off his debts. And be able to support his children in years to come. I am very happy that he has over 100 un-released tracks. <3 That is great news, his music will strive to the next generation. Not only his new music, but his old music as well. Yeah even in online stores they sold out of his music CDs and stuff, it is crazy.

But I am glad everyone realizes that he is a genius. And his music brought everyone together. <3

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • This kind of thing ALWAYS happens when a pop-icon dies. Sales of their works absolutely skyrocket, it's kind of weird to witness.

Years
  • Oh yeah he will be able to pay off his debts. And be able to support his children in years to come. I am very happy that he has over 100 un-released tracks. <3 That is great news, his music will strive to the next generation. Not only his new music, but his old music as well. Yeah even in online stores they sold out of his music CDs and stuff, it is crazy.

But I am glad everyone realizes that he is a genius. And his music brought everyone together. <3

You realize he's dead, right?

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yes I realized that. But there is word that he still got a lot of unreleased songs. Any producer can make CDs out of the material. And once the CDs are out, they are going to sell. Even if he is dead, he will get a lot of money. His family will pay off his debts and they will be able to live(especially his children). I seen it happen to many music artists(Biggie and 2Pac for example).

I know I should of said that in past tense. I guess I wasn't thinking, sorry about that(still thinking he is alive). I do realize he is dead. His legacy will never die though. No one will forget about him. His children is all set for the rest of their lives.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    How much money it will make: A lot. I am not psychic, leave me alone. D:

Where will it go: Probably towards the massive amount of debt he had, and once that is paid off it will go towards his children and other expenses.

Edit: Maybe not because according to the news none of the children are his biological children.

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I think all of the money is going to go to his biological family, I still can't believe that those 3 kids of his aren't his nor the mothers. Poor kids, I feel so sorry for them, they will probably never know who they're real parents are. But I do agree with Ctep with the debt part, because if he didn't pay it off, his biological family would have to

:t354:TG

DrawnVigilance

7861 Blackthorne
    Years
  • I personally am sick of hearing about him, I dont mind his music but i dont love it
    but i do appreciate what he did for music, i mean without him we wouldnt have nearly half the great bands today.
    Just think, noone with a common mainstream taste in music would know who alien ant farm was if not for him

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
  • All of the money will be used to pay off the debts, I believe that he was owing a couple of hundred million?

Not sure, might be far off.

If there's any money left until everybody gets over it and sales slowly go down, it'll probably go to his children I guess?

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • I read he had a net worth of 236 Million Dollars last year. He, when he was alive, was not in as dire financial straits as it may have seemed.

And to answer as to what I think about him getting richer after his death: I don't think he cares too much.

DJ Surge-N

Can I get a Spinda?
    Years
  • I work in a music store here in Auckland, New Zealand (JB Hi-Fi) and we witnessed the most astounding sell out we've ever seen since our store opened 2 years ago!

On the day he died, all stock was out and we aimed to have urgent stock in that day but it only arrived the next morning. I had to create a sign and that for it too, but it was absolutely mental the amount of people crowding around the stand as well as the amount of stock still flying off the shelves!

Somewhat depressing at the same time because I am a huge MJ fan, having grown up with him. Being only 20, It' sad I never got to see him live, but at least he's at peace now.

Ziraider

ಠ_ಠ Get Down with the Pokemon.
    Years
  • Personally, I'm not a big fan of Micheal, but even after his death he is still earning money. This explains how he developed modern pop music. Mostly I believe he is still making so much money due to the fact he was around since the baby boomers and was singing then, so still many people to this day love the guy.

n64benowitz177

Is The Man In The Mirror.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    As I'm pretty sure you all know Michael Jackson died last thursday. Which probably means like Freddie Mercury the music buisness is going to give him a tribute concert where musical stars perform songs of his. My question for you is who and what songs do you think the people of hollywood will be performing.

I personally think It will be hosted with Michael's friend Chris Tucker and not sure about what and who will be singing songs what do you people think?

TeirusuFX

-ω-
    Years
  • Lawl, I guess he's one of the type of people who become more popular once he dies.

I believe his music will make an impact on the U.S., thus earning tons of money for the songs he used to sing. He'll probably end up like Elvis. :O

The money...I seriously have no idea. Maybe a completely random Micheal Jackson memorial will be built. :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I find it an interesting subject of psychology.

It's like how no one gave two hoots about the world trade centres until they 'died' — similarly, Jackson had his modest fanbase until he died, then everyone's all wtfno and buys things... I don't understand this, so it makes me curious.

Back