• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The great Tin Tower!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    only great cos ho-oh

What are your favourite locations in the Pokemon games? I personally like Snowpoint City, as I love the cold, and the music in the routes on the way there is just fantastic...
    ...I just wish heavy snow didn't slow you down like mad.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm a huge fan of Fortree City. Back when I still used to play Emerald, I would go there almost every single day and spend a minute or two running around. Great place to be, haha. Another of my favorites would be Castelia from Pokémon B/W and B2/W2. Reminds me a lot about where I live—New York—which is pretty darn sweet. d:

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    I agree with Peith. I loved Fortree. The design was awesome, and the areas around it were great. Good Pokemon trainers for Solid Exp. Awesome Secret bases. I just loved that whole stretch.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Off the top of my head:

Hoenn:
    Hoenn Battle Frontier: SO BIG! I could honestly just set up camp here; the facilities' battles keep me occupied for days!
    Littleroot Town: so peaceful to return to after becoming Hoenn Champion for the 1,500th time!
    Lavaridge Town: Hot springs FTW! Also, Lavaridge Gym itself, as it houses Flannery, my Hoenn Gym Leader crush.
    The great Tin Tower!
    I even bothered to memorize the Ruby/Sapphire layout just to reach her easily! XD
    Petalburg City: I stay here just for the euphoric music!
    The great Tin Tower!

Dewford Town: It's a nice beach to stroll on, and the music is practically "tranquility" incarnate.
    Rustboro City: A lovely industrial place.
    Mauville City: Great access to other location in four directions, and you kind of have to get used to the place as a Hoenn Pokemon Breeder.. XD
    Fortree City: TREEHOUSES! (*thok-thok-thok-thok-thok* along the bridges)
    Pacifidlog Town: The concept of a floating town with wooden cabins atop a colony of Corsola? Win.
    Mossdeep City: It nailed the concept of "city-island" quite nicely! I like sliding across the floor of Mossdeep Gym and pressing buttons and such! The only thing I kind of dislike about the place is the white rock and the Mossdeep Space Center (I think about Jirachi and Deoxys every time I come across them, both of which I don't have at the moment, and the former of which I had in a Sapphire cartridge (from a friend's Colosseum's bonus disk) but lost..
    The great Tin Tower!
    )
    Actually, I also dislike the Mossdeep Game Corner in Emerald (since I have no one to wirelessly-connect with for the mini-games) and that dude in Ruby/Sapphire who is too lazy to unpack those boxes blocking his door for ages (where the e-Reader Trainers is accessed...somehow..reminding me of that useless e-Reader card I have). Never mind, screw this city! All it brings is painful memories and unusable features, and the scientists never call me when the rocket actually launches!
    The great Tin Tower!

Shoal Cave: I just love the low-tide/high-tide feature of the place, and the transition from brown rocky terrain to crystalline light-blue icy terrain. :3 Bagging Shoal Shells and Shoal Salts and Shell Bells for DAYS!
    Hoenn Route 113: Huff-puff (the decorations that the volcanic ash yields are boss), and the music! ("Snowman" from the Mother/EarthBound series says hi!)
    Slateport City: "Farmer's market, Pokemon-style!" The music is so industrial and makes me want to shop somewhere during spring or summer or autumn!
    Lilycove City: Although I mainly use it for the daily Lottery and Master-Rank Pokemon Contests, I love its coastal city feel! That Cove Lily Motel manager never did let me watch TV in front of him in peace, though..
    Mirage Tower: Although it was short-lived and crumbled rather easily, I liked the concept of it. Apparently, it's similar to a location in the Final Fantasy series..
    The Desert: I like how it's plopped north of Mauville City, and the music fits! (I really dislike encounters here, mainly due to Sandstorm and Arena Trap!Trapinch everywhere.. >_>)
    The Regi rooms (residences of the Legendary Golems): The music is so foreboding and yet the rooms are so simple..
    Sootopolis City: Even though it's supposed to be a volcano-island place, the white coloration for the visuals makes me think that the place is swathed in layers of vanilla ice cream or cake! XD
    Mt. Pyre (Peak): The music fits well with the fog, and the mountain just seems full of mystique!
    Cave of Origin: I really hate that it gets locked away in Emerald; the aura of this place felt appropriately mysterious, and I liked the central room where the game's musical audio just goes silent.
    Ever Grande City: Mostly the northern part. The music feels so refreshing like you've stepped outside in springtime, and I like the layout of the Hoenn Elite 4 headquarters (the battle backgrounds are just lovely)! The Room of Glory feels eerie yet magnificient!
    Hoenn Safari Zone: The area is really well-designed (especially in Emerald), and the music makes me feel like I'm on an actual animal safari!
    Seafloor Cavern: I loved how it felt like you were on a semi-underwater expedition.. The puzzles in that place are so fun to solve!
    Jagged Pass: I love the name and the visuals for the area!
    Mt. Chimney: Gave rise to wonderful music that gets re-used appropriately, and it's an actual volcano!
    Sky Pillar: I just love whizzing across those cracks with the Mach Bike to reach Rayquaza's floor like a boss.
    Abandoned Ship: I loved the visuals and music; it constantly feels like I'm in a hotel!
    Trainer Hill: For some strange reason, I just loved that this tower structure is colloquially known as a "hill". The green hues and visuals are nice, and I like that it re-uses Ruby/Sapphire Battle Tower music so that it doesn't go to waste in Emerald. The design team got really creative with the puzzles and visuals of this battle facility, possibly the most dazzling colors for the floors of any battle facility!
    Desert Underpass: IIIIITTTTT'SSSS SSSOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNGGG!!!!!!! I mainly visit for the music and hatching Pokemon, but riding along that long stretch of pathway is just so fun!
    Trick House: NO, I can't forget this place! The puzzles were very fun to solve, especially the sliding ones! I'm still awaiting Trick Master's return one day..
    Artisan Cave: Suddenly, Smeargle. Smeargle EVERYWHERE. Love the name, although this place is a chore to visit properly!
    Underwater: *blub-blub-blub* I just loved generally bobbing on the ocean floor with my Pokemon and exploring the coral/seaweed and stuff. The diving patches were fun to visit, especially when discovering the loads of hidden items!
    Sealed Chamber: This is even more of a chore to get to than Artisan's Cave (more than likely, backtracking will be required due to the fast currents west of Pacifidlog Town), but the ominousness that it exudes is just thrilling, especially when you finally unlock those darn Regis..
    Meteor Falls: Although both the Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald variants are pretty to look at, I really prefer the former variant (reminds me of caramel..or something). Now this place felt like a cave!
    Petalburg Woods: It's a bit spooky but has nice music, and Shroomish!
    My Secret Base: (I can't neglect it, of course!) It's also fun to visit other people's Secret Bases and just run on the musical mats and slide down the slides and hop on the Hop Mats and stuff. <3

Kanto: I can't really name a specific area at the moment (maybe Cerulean City, Saffron City (the Super Smash Bros. 64 stage was just so fun to play on) and Silph Co., Indigo Plateau, Celadon City, Vermillion City (nice port town visuals!), and Kanto's Cycling Road (really fun to ride down!)), but I love biking throughout Kanto just to listen to the music! The Seafoam Islands, Kanto's Power Plant, and Cinnabar Island's Pokemon Mansion are great to visit, though, and I like the name of Mt. Moon. Oh, and those Underground passageways to let you bike below Kanto - I love riding through those areas! <3

Sevii Islands:
    Chrono, Fortune, and Quest Islands (also known as Five, Six, and Seven Island, respectively): it feels like there's a new place to explore every time I revisit these areas! Also, DAT MUSIC (even though it's re-purposed/rearranged Johto music!).

Orange Islands...<3

Johto:
    National Park (at nighttime, at least) - first experienced this place via Twitch Plays Pokemon Crystal.. The music and visuals were just striking..so beautiful! Also, it has a cool name!
    Tin Tower (Bell Tower) - Although I'm still at odds with the Generation 4 name change, the visuals I've seen of the place are just beautiful, especially in Ecruteak City's Generation 4 artwork.
    Ecruteak Gym (Pokemon Stadium 2 variant) - I could stare at the terrific glowing floor all day! <3
    Pokeathlon building - For some reason, I really like the building's exterior design!

Sinnoh:
    Spear Pillar - purely because of Super Smash Bros. Brawl; I haven't experienced the handheld version firsthand. As for the Brawl design, the visuals are breathtaking and imposing at the same time, with an awesome medley (Dialga/Palkia battle music and Spear Pillar overworld music), to boot.
    As for names, I like how the anime names the Sinnoh Pokemon League Conference setting as the "Lily of the Valley Island"..

Unova:
    Opelucid City - haven't experienced it firsthand, but I kind of love how its design depends on the version. However, I wish you could "time travel" to visit the other version's variant, or something..
    Dragonspiral Tower - haven't experienced it firsthand, but it has to take the cake for one of the coolest location names ever (similar to Lostlorn Forest), and I keep hearing about its coolness.
    Skyarrow Bridge - haven't experienced it firsthand, but I keep hearing about how the camera exceptionally showcases the place off when you travel along it. Also, it has a cool name.
    Battle Subway - You can battle on a moving train! How cooler can it get? (Wailord says hai)
    Pokemon World Tournament facility - I love the crossover nature and general purpose of the place, and I feel I'll be spending ages here!
    Cold Storage and Abyssal Ruins - I really love the names of these places, so I can't wait to experience them!
    Castelia City Stratos City - given that it's supposed to be New York City proper, I have a feeling that I'll like the place. Also, ICE CREAM!

Kalos
    Lumiose City and Prism Tower/Lumiose Gym - haven't experienced it firsthand, but the visuals from Super Smash Bros. 4 (Nintendo 3DS) make this place look gorgeous, especially at nighttime! I also like how the city houses both Team Flare's cafe and Professor Sycamore's lab! Also, apparently people get lost here easily, and it has a fountain/circular area that's extremely useful for Pokemon breeding!
    The great Tin Tower!
    :)
    Sea Spirit's Den - haven't experienced it firsthand, but the name sounds pretty, so I hope I'll like the area.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    The water route outside of Olivine in GSC/HGSS, the water routes outside of Cinnabar in RBY/FRLG, Victory road in RSE, Snowpoint in DPPt, Victory road in BB2WW2.

Shim

Trash
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I gotta say I really like New Bark Town, it's first place in the Pokemon world I've ever been to

Years
    The Battle Frontier in Emerald is my all-time favorite, there are tons of things to do there. I also like the Trick House at route 110 and Pacifidlog Town, because of the fact that it's literally a town in the middle of the ocean

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    N's Castle was pretty cool. Wish it used more than once in the main game of B/W. I know you can visit it in B2/W2, but it's all in ruins and doesn't look as nice.

Flower Paradise is another favourite of mine. The layout is very simple, but the amount of flowers and vibrant colours that are on the island make it rather, visually appealing.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
    Kanto: Vermilion City, Cinnabar Island (love the theme music and theme), Celadon City, Saffron City (wildly interactive, lively)

Johto: New Bark Town (Love the theme as well, very cozy), Goldenrod (fan of big cities), Olivine (love the sea and Lighthouse)

Hoenn: Rustboro (awesome design), Fortree (treehouses!), Mossdeep (Waterfront and space-inspired), Battle Frontier (so exciting)

Orre: Phenac City (that "crown jewel of the desert" like Phoenix, Arizona, which Orre is loosely based on)

Sinnoh: Floaroma Town (Cozy! Flowers!), Sunyshore City (Electric, bright and it is on the water).

Unova: Castelia City (Embodies a "big city" with its similarity to NYC), Opelucid City (I like the geometric patterns. A futuristic look)

Kalos: Lumiose City (as a fan of big cities, I like this Parisesque place.)

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2014
    Celestial Tower is my favorite for Black. When I first became aware of a roaming Tornadus, I went to the top of the tower and rang the bell. The clouds moving below and the sound the bell made would be a perfect intro to a fateful encounter. Needless to say, I was disappointed when nothing happened.

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    Almost every city in Sinnoh had some sort of factor to it that made it memorable, mostly the music. Particularly the Survival Area because it's where I'd always start when I turned my game on. I'd always fight the Gym leaders/stat trainers/Barry daily for the XP and such and then go off to do other stuff. Solaceon Town and Jubilife City were also both very comforting and relaxing to be in.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    In the order they come to me:

Fortree City - Hoenn
    Village Bridge - Unova
    Jubilife City - Sinnoh
    Skyarrow Bridge - Unova
    Route 110/Cycling Road/Trick House - Hoenn
    Snowpoint City - Sinnoh
    Route 113 - Hoenn
    White Forest - Unova
    Petalburg Woods - Hoenn

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Undella Town quickly became a favourite of mine when I heard that gorgeous soundtrack that it has whenever the season isn't Summer. Despite it being an incredibly minor area in the game, I would always take to hatching eggs in that city just so I could hear the wonderful music.

Johto is pretty much my favourite region and there wasn't an area I didn't like there, but Cianwood City in HG/SS once more makes the list simply because of the soundtrack again.

Getting away from soundtracks though, the small path between Ecruteak City and the Bell Tower. It's just visibly gorgeous without even trying.

Years
    Humilau City was a wonderfully constructed city, but it isn't my favorite. That honor goes to Fortree City of Hoenn. The architecture of the tree-houses and the tropical feel to the environment made me feel as if I were in the jungle visiting a native forest village. A place worth mentioning as well is Goldenrod City, because it was one of the few central cities in the Pokemon series that I actually enjoyed going to.

Years
    Let's do this by region~

KANTO:
    ~ Lavender Town - Best city in Kanto hands down, with its music and eerie atmosphere. Plus, think of all the ghost stories and creepypastas that have come from it~!

JOHTO:
    ~ Ecruteak City - My fave city in Johto; I love the music that plays in it in HGSS, plus it's home to my favorite Gym Leader and the two towers.

~ Tin/Bell Tower - Again, love the music that plays (especially in HGSS), even though it is a pain in the butt to get through XD

HOENN:
    ~ Sky Pillar - As annoying as it was, it was still plenty fun to go through!
    ~ Mt. Pyre - Love the music on the outside, and it's pretty despite being a burial ground XD
    ~ Battle Frontier - Forever my favorite battle facility.

ORRE (it counts OK):
    ~ Phenac City - Beautiful music, beautiful architecture, etc.
    ~ Realgam Tower - BINGO AND BATTLE SIMS, whooooo. (And the Colosseum, of course!)

SINNOH:
    ~ Mt. Coronet - Especially in the snowier parts. Love the music that plays there, plus it's fun to go through!
    ~ Distortion World - OMG THE MUSIC IS FANTASTIC. The area in general is fun, too; shame you can't do much else in it after beating the game (other than get the Griseous Orb, of course).
    ~ Battle Frontier - Though I don't enjoy it as much as Emerald's, I still love it anyway!

UNOVA:
    ~ Nimbasa City - Love the festive music and Elesa's roller coaster gym.
    ~ Driftveil City - Again, love the music and love how it looks in BW2.
    ~ Dragonspiral Tower - Music and how it looks.
    ~ Village Bridge - I love that you can add in different parts if you talk to certain people. Makes this place unique, plus the music is nice and relaxing to listen to~
    ~ Black City - Love the music + Black Skyscraper.
    ~ Opelucid City - Love the architecture and music in both B/B2 and W/W2.

KALOS:
    ~ Snowbelle City - My favorite in terms of music; I also like how it looks.
    ~ Lumiose City - After finally figuring out where the heck everything is, it's been one of my fave places to go for lots of things (such as hatching eggs, buying clothes, etc.).
    ~ Battle Chateau - Because it's the best place to make money at <3
    ~ Laverre City - I love the fairytale feel you get from its architecture and music. Plus, it's home to my favorite clothing store!

Years
    Kanto: Cinnabar Island, I love the peaceful isolation of it and of course the fact that it's where my favourite Gym Leader resides doesn't hurt either :)

Honourable mention to Celadon City for the music and atmosphere.

Johto: Professor Elm's lab. I think it may just have my favourite music from any game.

Honourable mention to the S.S. Aqua and Cherrygrove City.

Hoenn: Verdanturf Town, just a very calming and peaceful atmosphere.

Honourable mention to the top of Mt. Chimney; I like riding the cable cars lol.

Sinnoh: The library in Canalave City - I think I'd spend a lot of time there myself haha.

Honourable mention to Acuity Lakefront as that's where Uxie lies; Floaroma Town and Solaceon Town.

Unova: Nacrene City Museum, for similar reasons to the Canalave Library lol.

Honourable mention to Pinwheel Forest, Driftveil Bridge, Lostlorn Forest, the Aquarium and Shopping Mall Nine.

Kalos: Route 7, it has the berry fields, Day Care AND Battle Chateau :)

Honourable mention to the monorail, Couriway waterfalls, Camphrier Town and Ambrette Aquarium.

Back