• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great Video Game Music Challenge! [Over!]

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Day 41 - Genre Challenge III: Rhythm

Inb4 thread is nuked by 3rd party copyright

Taisetsu no mono by Road to Major. This is often used in most of the Drummania and Guitar-mania arcade series. This is the first song that I was able to get a "perfect" rating on, and I often play this song 1st when I'm doing a round of Guitarmania.

BONUS TRACK in order to trigger our lovely host:
    Spoiler:

pkmin3033

Because everyone loves piano, right? Often used as a calmer, more melancholy instrument, the piano can nonetheless be used to convey a wide variety of moods depending upon the speed of the piece. So, for today's challenge, post a track that is primarily dominated by the piano - remixes are cool, too - and tell us a bit about your choice~

Bay

Years
  • Skipping Day 41 because I can't think of any rhythm games except Guitar Hero/Rock Band, but those have copyright songs. XD

Day 42 - A piano track

Really love this heartfelt piece. Sweet of River's husband to play that.

pkmin3033

The Great Video Game Music Challenge! [Over!]

Day 43 - Franchise Challenge: Mario

Itsa me, Mario! One of the most well-known and iconic characters in video gaming, Mario has been in almost everything. You've got lots to choose from. For today's challenge, post a track from a Mario video game~

pkmin3033

As we enter our last week of this, it's good to start off on a positive note, and what that is will vary for everyone. So, since it's Monday, consider this a non-challenging challenge day, a free pass; post whatever you'd like to! Make it good, make it bad, make it whatever you like :3

pkmin3033

Time for one last scenario challenge before the end! Same deal as before - check out the picture under the spoiler and post a track you think would suit it~
    Spoiler:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Day 45 - Scenario Challenge IV

I'm cheating but then again, I really needed to use this track to match with what i interpret with the picture:

What i see in the picture is the aftermath of a destruction. The end product of someone's rampage against injustice, evil, and the satisfaction of revengeance. Amidist the fire, smoke, and smog, that one bright tree stands tall as a symbol of hope. That bright floral tree symbolizes the hope that maybe one day, our hero's war will finally end, and inner peace will finally settle in. That symbolic tree of hope is what our hero needs to see as he continues to fight his endless battle against evil and injustice, in his own chaotic way.

People who fight their own fight, and are fueled by their desires to win need that symbolic ray of hope that they need to continue the fight. That tree standing high among the fire and destruction is that symbol of hope.

Back