• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Greatest Rom Hacking Team Ever

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
  • I decided to make this team because I haven't seen the concept before and I think it'll work. I hope to compile a team of people with different skills and skill levels. The reason I want to make this team is because of the lack of efficiency on most teams. I think that the main reason is the team leader. So the main difference with this team is that there will be no team leader. everyone will be equals and have their own say in what goes on. As a team we will decide every aspect of the game and vote on what's in and out. And to keep people motivated I am hoping that we can develop a system so that people will be motivated to work quickly and efficiently. We will work on one project at a time unless the team gets really big. The roms we will MOST LIKELY be hacking are Ruby and FireRed. Everyone will get to work on the hacks so they don't get discouraged and quit. I believe that a system like this will work much better and we will be successful.

The current team(Some members I don't know if they have PC accounts so they're on Developers Community):

Me: Spriting, Mapping
    Myfavouriteax: Part Time Mapper, Graphics
    GKS(DC): Script question answerer
    Gamer2020(DC): Part Time Glitch Finder/Fixer
    dmartin(DC): Spriter, Mapper
    Shaded: Intermediate Scripting
    Ac1d: Programmer
    Milk: Graphics and Sprite Ripping, Idealist
    pikachu_X: OW Spriter, Scripter
    hyper1210: Mapper

If you want to join fill out this form:
    Skill(s)
    Proof of work
    Experience(If any)
    Contact Info.
    Why you want to join
    A little about yourself(optional)

I'm looking forward to seeing new members sign up!

Last edited:

1KewlDude

Really busy... STRESS!!
    Years
  • You shouldn't make a team because of the way other teams work... :S and there definitely won't be any efficiency if everyone's voting for everything, then people will argue or some people might leave because they didn't get their way and you would have to wait until everyone has voted to actually get any work done... Having a team leader is much more efficient because they make all of the final decisions so there's no messing about with those. In addition, people already have a say in what goes on in a hack, team leader's aren't dictators (mostly :P), a good team leader gets opinions because the hack is not just for them and they want it to be good... Don't take it personally, I just think your points are invalid...

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • If people leave for reasons like that then they're immature. no one gets everything they want on a team. I think making the team because I've seen others fail with leaders is a valid reason. I respect your opinion I just think that my ideas are valid.

1KewlDude

Really busy... STRESS!!
    Years
  • I completely agree... but you're on a Pokémon forum... not everyone here is mature. Also, I see that maybe what you meant was that you wanted to see if you could succeed where others had failed, but I think that if you're gonna make a team it needs to be personal to you, not about other people. Finally, what about the efficiency problem?

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck despite my doubts.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • I don't see how there would be an efficiency problem. It might take a little longer than normal but I think that the hacks quality will be much better.

1KewlDude

Really busy... STRESS!!
    Years
  • Efficiency means more work in less time or with less effort needed, so because it would take longer that means it is not more efficient. Still, it doesn't take anything from your team, it just means that i you shouldn't mention efficiency when the process won't increase efficiency.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • I know what you mean but it might be slower in the beginning but it will be faster during the actual creation process and be quicker overall. I'm sorry if I was unclear but that's what I meant.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Skill(s) Scripting on an intermediate level
    Proof of work: Well tell me to make a script and I'll try to make one to the best of my ability.
    Experience(If any) Worked on Pokemon:Whitefog with myfavoriteax, it has been put on hold, most likely
    indefinably
    Contact Info. PM me, or AIM: WallEmptySpaces
    Why you want to join: Need something to do
    A little about yourself(optional) I learned XSE script in only a couple of days(3)

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • I'll ask myfavouriteax instead of getting proof but if you did the scripts in the videos then you'll be in. If not I'll still most likely take you because we need scripters.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    I actually got a video of a script error, but a script in action nonetheless, it was only after one day of scripting :P. Let me see if I can upload it to youtube, its .avi

Ac1d

Game Dev
    Years
  • Skill(s) Programming, Rendering Things Out (Eg, Sprites, Images, etc)
    Proof of work My Game Thread
    Experience(If any) None in Rom Hacking
    Contact Info. Here or [email protected]
    Why you want to join I want to get involved with rom hacking, RMXP, that kind of scripting. I'm a quick learner, and already know about 10 programming/scripting languages

A little about yourself(optional) See:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=174734
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=174762

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    well you could use XSE which is Extreme Script Editor, or any other editor for your "PokeScript", I personally use XSE. I don't think you can count "PokeScript" as a language, it's just a script.

Back