• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Grinding Challenge

Years
  • [FONT=&quot]Update 3
    Grinded everone to 26 (if you don't know who is on my team look at my last update to see my team) Lightning evolve into Luxio
    entered Nacrene City
    deposit Butterfree
    Caught a Machop and named her Ms. Kick & Caught a Timburr and added him to my team and i Named him Mr.Kick grinded him to 26.
    Caught a Cyndaquil & a Charmander.
    Battled N and defeated him.
    Battled the Gym and defeated the Gym leader Lenora.
    Grinded my team to 30
    Lightning and Kirlia evolved into Luxray and Gardevoir Respectively
    Defeated Team Plasma in Pinwheel Forest
    grind Pupz to 33 and he evolve into Scoutland

[/FONT]Current Team
    Pupz lvl 33 - [FONT=&quot]Scoutland[/FONT]
    The Grinding Challenge

Mr. Kick lvl 31 - Gurdurr
    The Grinding Challenge

Lightning lvl 30 - Luxray
    The Grinding Challenge

Gardevoir lvl 31
    The Grinding Challenge

Airazor lvl 31 - Staravia
    The Grinding Challenge

Wildleaf lvl 31 - Servine
    The Grinding Challenge

I'd just noticed that 4 out 6 of my pokemon are Female
    only Pupz and Mr. Kick are male

Last edited:
    Years
  • Update 4
    Caught Bulbasaur and named him Ivy.
    Deposit WildLeaf.
    Grind Ivy to 31.
    Ivy evolve to Ivysaur.
    grind all but Pupz to 33.
    arrived to Castelia City.
    Grinded in the Battle Company Building and Airazor evolve to Staraptor
    I went to the renamed guy and changed my Gardevoir name to Zelda
    Trained at Liberty Garden and trained all my team but Mr. Kick to 35 but Mr. Kick grinded to 36.
    Mr.Kick evolved into Conkeldurr.
    Challenge Burgh Gym and defeated Burgh and got the gym badge and got Tm U-Turn.
    defeated both Cheren and Bianca
    grinded my team to 40
    Ivy evolved to Venusaur
    Caught a Skarmory and named him StarScream
    Caught 2 Eevee and named them Leaf and Icy and i Evolve Leaf into Leafeon.
    Caught a Bagon (Finally) and named her SkyLord and grind her 40
    Skylord evolve to Shelgon.
    Caught a Zangoose and named her Claw
    Caught a Braviary and named him High Flash
    defeated Elesa and got the gym badge and got Tm Wild Charge.
    went to Route 5 and defeated Cheren and defeat 2 trainers with Cheren as my partners
    Grind my team to 47
    arrived to Driftveil City
    Grind Skylord to 50
    Skylord evolved to Salamence.
    saved and stopped.

Current Team
    Zelda Lvl 48 - Gardevoir
    The Grinding Challenge

Ivy Lvl 47 - Venusaur
    The Grinding Challenge

Lightning Lvl 47 - Luxray
    The Grinding Challenge

Pupz Lvl 47 -Stoutland
    The Grinding Challenge

Mr. Kick - Conkeldurr
    The Grinding Challenge

SkyLord Lvl 50 - Salamence
    The Grinding Challenge

Former Team
    Pidgey Sky Pirate lvl 6 - 12
    Sentret - Scout lvl 5 - 12
    Linooon - ZigZag lvl 4 - 20
    Beedrill lvl 7 - 20
    Butterfree lvl 7 - 26
    Servine (Starter Pokemon) - WildLeaf lvl 5 -31
    Staraptor -Airazor lvl 6 - 40
    Zorua - Sneaky lvl 28 - 29

extra Pokemon in pc
    Ugly - Panpour (recieved i hate the elemental monkeys)
    Kit - Misdreavus
    Cynder - Cyndaquil
    Slasher - Charmander
    Sneaky - Zorua ( the event one)
    StarScream - Skarmory
    Leaf - Leafeon
    Icy - Eevee
    Destro - Accelgor
    Blaster - Escavalier
    Claw - Zangoose
    High Flash - Braviary

TheronElite

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I'll sign up for Emerald please.
    Name: TheronElite (Zappa in-game)
    Game:Emerald

Let's see how I do, before I lose my mind!

Zagan

King of Demons
    Years
    • Age 34
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 20, 2015
    im tempted to give this a blast on SS, but i would probs want to plan my team out before i start like (i think the remakes of GSC have Sinnoh monsters dont they?)

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2015
    I'm gonna take this on HeartGold. The ownr of this thread isn't active though... I might ask mods if I can remake the thread. I'll send you my rules in an edit.

Edit : Taking Easy Mode. Catching every pokemon I see, but only each evolution line ONCE. Playing Heartgold. In Kanto, using new team, apart from one VERY badass pokemon from Johto. Will update when I save.

Edit: Started game. Spoke to Oak. Chose a boy named Chaotic. Read Lyra's mail. Talked to Mom. Recieved a bag, trainer vard, options and save. Walked outside. Saw Lyra's Marill. Spoke to Elm. Chose Totodile. Recieved Totodile and the pokemn option. Spoke to Aide. Recieved five potions. Spoke to Lyra. Spoke to Mom. Recieved pokegear. Saved. Recieved phone number from Elm. Walked onto Route 29. Ground Totodile to level twelve.Walked into Cherrygrove City. Spoke to the Guide Gent. Followed Guide Gent. Recieved the Running Shoes. Went to the Pokemon Center. Healed my pokemon. Went to Route 30. Spoke to the Guide Gent. Recieved Map Card for the Pokegear. Picked up a Potion. Spoke to the Apricorn Guy. Recieved the Apricorn Box. Picked a Green Apricorn. Picked up an Andidote. Walked to Mr. Pokemon's house. Found a Pink Apricorn. Went into Mr. Pokemon's house. Spoke to Mr. Pokemon. Recieved the Mystery Egg. Spoke to Prof. Oak. Recieved the Pokedex. Spoke to Prof. Elm on the PokeGear. Went to Cherrygrove City. Went to Route 29. Saw Passerby Boy. Battled Passerby Boy. Defeated Passerboy Boy. Went to New Bark Town. Went to Elm's Lab. Spoke to Policeman. Spoke to Lyra. Named Rival Lapras. Spoke to Prof. Elm. Gave Prof. Elm the Mystery Egg. Talked to Mom. Mom saved money. Went to Route 29. Talked to Lyra. Watched Lyra catch Rattata. Recieved five PokeBalls. Caught Hootgoot level three. Ground Hoothoot to level twelve. Went to Cherrygrove City. Saved and stopped.

Play Time : Two Hours, Fifty-One Minutes
    Team : Totodile Level Twelve
    Scratch
    Leer
    Water Gun
    Rage
    Hoothoot Level Twelve
    Peck
    Growl
    Foresight
    Hypnosis

Last edited:

Ice Car

Banned
    Years
  • I don't mean to sound like an ass, but this seems a lot more tedious than it is fun or challenging. In my normal runs when I grind, I absolutely despise it and just want to move on. If your Pokes are overleveled the game will be too easy, if you spend hours killing the same pokemon, this becomes extremely tedious and boring.

Maybe there's something I'm not understanding here. The challenge is ridiculous not because of the difficulty, but because of how tedious it is to do it, from what I understand?

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2015
    Ummm, yeah, it IS tedious, but it kills time.

Update Something

Ground Hoothoot and Totodile to Level Nineteen. Totodile evolved into Croconaw. Beat Sprout Tower. Ground Hoothoot to Level Twenty. Beat Violet City Gym. Ground Croconaw to Level Twenty. Spoke to Elm over PokeGear. Recieved Mystery egg. Spoke to Kimono Girl. Saved.

Team: Hoothoot Level Twenty, Croconaw Level Twenty, Egg.
    Total Play Time : 9 Hours, 30 Minutes

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2012
    Name: Axryn
    Game: Yellow
    Mode: INSANE

Some may not agree with this, but due to the fact that it actually increases the challenge I don't see a problem with it. But I used a hack to get master balls so that I can catch the base pokemon of every evolutionary chain without fault. I had actually already started this challenge on my own before I ever found this so I'm currently in Vermillion at level 25, working on getting my Squirtle and those caught on route 5 to that level. I will be reaching the appropriate level for this challenge before moving on to the next area.
    So basically I have caught every wild pokemon possible up to Vermillion including fishing for Magikarp. Most are at level 25 and the rest will be soon and before going on to Lavender town I will have every pokemon caught so far plus those on the way to Lavender and even a Digglett from Digglett's cave to level 40. I would restart the game in order to do the challenge properly but I've already put in about 25 fast forwarded hours and I'm not redoing all that.
    And just fyi I am playing this on phone and the ONLY hack I used was one to make master balls $0 in the mart in order to have more pokemon to complete this challenge with.

Years
  • Playing insane mode on Red

Im currently in Varidian Forrest Levelling My Pokemon and trying to catch a Weedle

Team: Nidoran Female - level 12
    Pikachu - Level 7
    Charmander - Level 12
    Pidgey - Level 14
    Rattata - Level 14
    Spearow - Level 12

Box: Nidoran Mele - Level 12
    Caterpie - Level 3

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2013
    A challenge that describes my standard playstyle? What? Lol, that's awesome, I shall restart Liquid Crystal (luckily I didn't get too far into it) and sign up.

User: BlueRaith
    Game: Liquid Crystal
    Level: Insanity
    Additional Rules: Capture every pokemon known to reside in the route/town/area when able. Breed to get all possible evolutions such as the eevolutions and baby pokemon. Nickname every Pokemon I obtain. Whoo, this is going to take forever lol.

Day 1:

Spoiler:

Team:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back