• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The GS Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    I think it'd be nice if over Wifi, an event was triggered for a Team Rocket subquest. You'd have to take it back from Team Rocket, or something. XD!

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2009
    Wifi event.

It would just be too awesome if it shipped with a GS Ball quest.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I think the event should be given to people that pre-order, because not everyone can get online. But yeah, it would be nice.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2009
    Ya I agree about the Pre-order thing, but Wifi will be most likely or Toys R Us and Gamestop might happen.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I hope it's not an event at all. The GS Ball wasn't an event the first time around, and it could create a plot hole with Kurt. Balls are hs juristiction.

I really hope it's not over DSiWare. I'd cry.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I guess Wi-Fi...but I'd really like it in-game :D! I am sick of tired of losing out Pokemon to store/Wi-Fi events! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cer_pissed:

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    I think the event should be given to people that pre-order, because not everyone can get online. But yeah, it would be nice.

The management of something like that would throw it all into obscurity. You'd need to know exactly how many people pre-ordered the game, if its only for Pre-Orders.

Wi-Fi Event of the GS Ball seems much more likely and like they did (I think) with the Secret Key Event for Platinum, they will probably have stations at local Toys R US stores for people to download it, when they visit.

I hope it's not an event at all. The GS Ball wasn't an event the first time around, and it could create a plot hole with Kurt. Balls are hs juristiction.

It wouldn't create a plot hole; (seriously, what kind of plot hole could there be, if the Generation II Event never got over here and people are actively aware it exists?) it would fill in a gap that English players of G/S/C never had; the chance to catch Celebi.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I think Nintendo is actually smart enough to make it a Toys R' Us event/Wi-Fi event, now.

[/toomanythreadsforthisparticularquestion]

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Like mention before some WiFi or Special Event. Taking the GS Ball from TR, whom stole it from Kurt and giving it to Kurt who in return tells you to take it to Ilex Forest.

Ooka

Years
    The management of something like that would throw it all into obscurity. You'd need to know exactly how many people pre-ordered the game, if its only for Pre-Orders.

Well, they could have an in game person(s) (Such as a news crew) that allows you to enter a certain phrase and receive the Pokemon. Although I would prefer it over Wi-Fi myself.

Years
    Hopefully, they'll have it available outside of events. Like, if you beat Red and have either FireRed or LeafGreen inserted, then you get the GS Ball from him as a reward.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years

I really hope it's not over DSiWare. I'd cry.

Well if it was free, it might as well be. Nintendo would definitely want give owners of their shiny new system some sort of gimmick, so it's probable that something like that would be offered, if not for the GS ball.

Besides, I think it would be cool if the event wasn't actually in the game but you actually downloaded the data for it. It could open the doors to many year's worth of continued play for HGSS. I've always thought that Pokemon games would eventually end up like this (being able to download expansion packs for the game without actually buying a new version).

Of course, I don't own a DSi... yet...

Ooka

Years
    It might possibly be a code for the news crew again, depending on how much involvement it has with the story (If any).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back