• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The GTS in Black & White

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    So has anyone gotten anything good?
    I've gotten legit-looking shinies before. I just traded them away for items. :P
    Any fair trades?
    Yep.
    Any outrageous trades just to get what you wanted?
    No

I have given away stuff over GTS in contests. On another forum, I had a contest where every so often I would chain 10 or so shinies (I find chaining extremely easy) and I would give them away on the GTS. What I would do is just put it up, and make a post saying that it's up. I would do that over the course of multiple days and different times so people in different time zones could get them. It was fun to see who got them. :)

Like, I would chain a Shiny Elekid and ask for a Bidoof.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    On Platinum I got a shiny, EV trained Gengar with
    Shadow ball
    thunder bolt
    destiny bond
    hypnosis
    It has every ribbon available in sinnoh (no ribbons like heonn champion), i have a feeling that it was hacked but it is a legit hack (has no un-obtainable things like moves such as hydro pump or 999 stats) So it is usuable for battles. Thank God i just caught that wild cresselia when i did!!

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    So has anyone gotten anything good?
    got a zorua for a pokemon i got at one time, was so surprised
    Any fair trades?
    looked for a petalil, traded a cotenee for it , it semed pretty sensible, since them being both version exclusive, i used it ever since
    nope, not gonna happen either, all people want are legendaries and the like lately, its very irritating

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
    So has anyone gotten anything good? Shiny Rayquaza, Make a Wish Jirachi, Shiny Scizor, Shiny Milotic just to name a few...
    Any fair trades? Yeah
    Any outrageous trades just to get what you wanted? Nope didn't need to worry about that.
    Anyone go buy an Action replay just to get something? I only use an AR for EV/Training related purposes and also using wild modifier codes can mess up the save file.
    Any lucky trades that blew your mind? Make A Wish jirachi surprised m quite a bit. Though mostly it was thanks to offering Munchlax and Aipom which got me what I mostly wanted from GTS since I never knew why everyone wanted a Munchlax.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    I use it a few times a week. My usage of is now going to be lessened as my Black version Unova dex is nearly complete and I WILL be getting White in April.

Still, I am happy I traded my own SS Timid Lugia for a Cryoganal. Find them annoyingly rare not to mention I prefer to not visit Twist Mountain.

I also enjoy offering nicknamed stuff for a fair trade.

Examples done:
    -Ankhurse, the Cofagrigus (seeking: Braviary 50+, any; got a Brave & japanese Lv58) have now got Rufflet
    -Smuglord, the Servine
    -Smugleaf, the Snivy

Would probably have to visit Unity Tower to check on the Mine For Theirs.

As per usual, what i get is usually from Japan.
    What I seek is usually USA, Canada, or Europe.

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
    I'm guilty for cloning a legendary just to get a pokemon lol. I traded my shiny metagross for a thundurus yesterday on GTS Negotiations though.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I haven't even gone on the old GTS station, mostly becaues I remember the idiocy of people asking for impossible trades, and when I heard they didn't change much of it, I just rolled my eyes and went on with life.

As for GTS Negotiations... well, it's pretty interesting, but still... eh.

Yukimi

Nautical Star
    Years
    I've been searching the GTS for someone willing to trade a Karrablast for a Shellmet. You would think more people would be seeking out trades like this considering they evolve when traded for each other. All I'm seeing is requests for Reshiram and Zekrom.
    What are people thinking?!

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I noticed the Zekrom/Reshiram thing, too. Absolutely ridiculous.

I offered up stuff on the GTS and usually got the Pokemon I wanted <15min, with me thinking all the while "this is not going to work; no one would trade x for y". But they do.

Cinccino Level 22 for Zorua Level 1
    Cinccino Level 22 for Oshawott
    Leavanny Level x for Tepig
    Leavanny Level x for Pansear
    Leavanny Level x for Pansage

Not too bad, considering I figured no one would trade me /harhar

Years
    The GTS was always an absolute nightmare to navigate, I share your frustration that Nintendo didnt really fix anything.

It is a lot easier to trade through these boards though, and like someone above me mentioned, you get much better deals on here than you're likely to get on the GTS

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    I'm probably going to approach this GTS the same way I did in Gen IV since, barring the GTS negotiation (a very cool feature), it's pretty much exactly the same as Gen IV. What I usually do to get around these ridiculous offers is to breed quite a few "valuable" Pokémon such as the starters, Eevee, and now Zorua, and simply make a reasonable offer. I usually get what I want in a matter of hours, sometimes within the hour. The fact that there are so many outrageous trades out there actually help me get my Pokémon faster.

And regarding the false belief that the majority of what is on the GTS is hacked: This is mostly untrue. If you are trading for legendaries, shinies, or "too good to be true" trades, then yes, you are more likely receive a hack. If, however, you are trading just for regular Pokémon, you are far less likely to receive a hack.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    I've got a couple of fair trades..Got a dewott for a throh and an Excadrill for a sigilyph...Wonder who wanted a sigilyph for an excadrill 0_0

Saikusu

Cheren is the Coolest Asian.
    Years
    GTS Negotiations Old Gen.

So, everyone know's that you can't find 1st-4th Gen pokemon till after the game i'm happy with that but, i started a new game recently and went into the GTS Negotiations, after the event with Munna and Team Plasma. I went inside searched for someone and they offered up a Gible, Spirittomb and Squirtle all level 1. I knew that i couldn't get them so i put up my started Oshawott, Pansear and Roggenrolla who i just caught and he continued, i wanted to see what happend, he selected my Roggenrolla and i selected his Squirtle and we agreed to the trade. (Why he would i am unsure) In a few moments it was sent over i left the GTS and now Squirtle is on my Team a Wartortle at the moment which i like because he's my Favourite starter. So just thought i'd let everyone know about it.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    So, everyone know's that you can't find 1st-4th Gen pokemon till after the game i'm happy with that but, i started a new game recently and went into the GTS Negotiations, after the event with Munna and Team Plasma. I went inside searched for someone and they offered up a Gible, Spirittomb and Squirtle all level 1. I knew that i couldn't get them so i put up my started Oshawott, Pansear and Roggenrolla who i just caught and he continued, i wanted to see what happend, he selected my Roggenrolla and i selected his Squirtle and we agreed to the trade. (Why he would i am unsure) In a few moments it was sent over i left the GTS and now Squirtle is on my Team a Wartortle at the moment which i like because he's my Favourite starter. So just thought i'd let everyone know about it.

That's nice, but make sure you post the Pokémon you receive from the GTS in this thread. ;)

I have yet to experience the GTS, aside from my basic knowledge about the feature. Never really found interest in it but hey, I might explore it sometime.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Got on it a few days ago It was awful as always couldn't get a Tepig to save my life. alos whats with all the Reshiram level 9 and under crap that was everywhere. :(

Any fair trades?
    I did a Solosis for a Gothita, a karrablast for a Shelmet and a Shelmet for a Karrablast <these however were all done by me depositing the pokemon
    Yeah Unfortunately I traded a Zekrom for a Servine :( but I got a shiny Snivy after breeding that Servine
    Anyone go buy an Action replay just to get something? (kinda joking,kinda not lol)
    Simple No
    Any lucky trades that blew your mind,
    Well there was a Thundorus for a Thundorus no real point there.

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
    I think when they look for Pokemon like that either they are trying to clone or they are just plain stupid. The GTS can be annoying because of all the ridiculous amount of people who think they'll get a Reshiram/Zekrom by putting up a Patrat or something. I hardly ever search for Pokemon on GTS because of this so I just post my offer and trade with the few sane people of the world. Just today I got a level 1 japanese Zorua with Snarl for a Petlil so it does have it's uses.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    YES I AM SO SICK OF IT!
    Everywhere I look it says Wanted: Reshiram/Zekrom/Emboar/WHATEVER Lv 9 and UNDER
    Are people THAT stupid?? You can only see like 6 traders and it's always the samething!
    Until they fix that I won't use the GTS often.
    SOMETIMES I see reasonable trades like Axew foe Deino or Solosis for Gothielle (or whatever it's called lol).
    GTS Negotiations on the other hand is pretty cool.
    I got a Zorua from there and a Litwik (Modest Nature, Max IV's) which is cool.
    GTS is a cool idea but there are way to many idiots to make it work :/

Nintendo please fix it.

Saikusu

Cheren is the Coolest Asian.
    Years
    I agree thats why i use GTS Negotiations, usually people offer something alright or some intresting pokemon but normal Gts you can be like... I want a Minccino level 20 and 5/6 Times the people who come up want Zekrom Reshiram, Victini or Zorua.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
    I'm never using the GTS until I can view a full summary of the Pokemon like you can if you view your Party or Pokemon in your PC (or on normal Wifi trading for that matter). This lets you choose nature, ivs if you check those, and you can check if it's hacked or not.)

Until then I'm keeping to just trading on Wi-Fi over forums, you get better deals anyway (and less hacked Pokemon) :)

I just want to see the summary. The IVs are optional. And they should just ban hacks.

Back