• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The hardest Pokemon game?

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    I've been playing Pokemon Stadium tonight, and I think I can safely say it is the most impossibly hard Pokemon game I've ever attempted to complete. Round 1 is a piece of cake, especially if you're playing with your R/B/Y team. Round 2 is ridiculous though. Each trainer you face essentially has Pokemon with higher stats than you'd expect and apparently have access to an unlimited amount of every TM (the Pokemon in their party share moves that are only obtainable by TM and you can only find once in the game). The game also seems to bias against you when you're confused or asleep. Every so often you get lucky, but usually you're asleep for 3 turns or confused all the time. The Psychic type balance issue doesn't really help either

But yeah, post the Pokemon game you found the hardest and why.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
    Pokemon Rumble Blast gets really difficult if you want to keep a Pokemon for as long as possible. Using a 300 power Grovyle in an 1800 zone is fun, but really hard.

Attacks occur often and everywhere, it is almost impossible to dodge everything, and at that power difference, it usually only takes 1 hit to knock you out. And you really need to attack a lot. If a Pokemon even has some means of healing itself, there is almost no way you can beat it.

As for without self-induced masochism, I would still say Pokemon Rumble Blast because of how frantic the battles can become, especially in forts. And the post-game throws a wall at you.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    Pokemon Stadium all the way. That game is a rig. It seems like if you use your team from the gameboy then their stats are like 999 everything and they just cheat. Their levels are higher even tho it says lvl 50 they have lvl 50+ which I did not understand. You will attack them and powerful moves like thunder hits 30% of the time, and theirs never miss. The game is just a huge rig. Now if you use the default Pokemon then you are screwed because the pre evolved form Pokemon have better moves which kind of makes no sense at all.

Years
    I agree with you guys when you say Pokemon Stadium. I recently found mine and am having a hard time with it ._.

Also I thought that XD was kind of hard at some points.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
    I beat XD no problem myself, beat it under a week or two I think. I'd have to cry about stadium too, I was actually playing the sequel today. I remember once I got so frustrated with it that I went over to my computer, got it on a emulator, hacked my pokemon, and then I tore through the gym leader castle and the stadium to get my revenge! Otherwise....nothing really, I've never had alot of trouble with pokemon games.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Never actually had a chance to play Stadium from beginning to end. With the games I have played, I probably could say Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs. Not my most favorite Ranger, and the bosses (ditto -_-) is outrageously hard. and the story is boring, so yeah.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    I would say Pokemon Rumble Blast is hard enough to talk about for me...

The battles were outrageous to go through, especially those last forts on Cobalion, and what amazed me was Dark Rust was super easy.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    D.P.Pt. And it isn't even because they're challenging, they're just sooooooooo slooooooowwwwwwww. The running, the text speed, the battling pace, everything is slow, making me impatient, making me unable to focus, making me suck.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    D.P.Pt. And it isn't even because they're challenging, they're just sooooooooo slooooooowwwwwwww. The running, the text speed, the battling pace, everything is slow, making me impatient, making me unable to focus, making me suck.

Ahahaha! That made me laugh. The game is slow but still fun.

I'm still going with Pokemon Stadium.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I agree with the OP. Stadium is the hardest, followed by Ranger. idk about the later ones, but the first one was hard. Jellicent is on to something with saying DPPT though. Easiest gym leaders, but it'd take you an hour to beat one because of that speed. lol I can't focus on that game either.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2012
    Pokemon Stadium 2. I remember playing that game with the terrible predetermined Pokemon..

Mysterious

ahahaha NOPE
    Years
    The two pkmn games I find the hardest was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team and D/P/Pt. (I haven't played Stadium, but I can see from the replies above that it's hard without a transfered team)

Red Rescue Team was annoying enough, even more annoying if you were playing as Pikachu or a Pokemon that wasn't a starter Pokemon.

Sure, some of the dungeons were okay, with a few annoying ones that have dungeons filled with Pokemon that know Thunder Rod (and this is when Thunder Rod effects the whole floor)

But then, there was Sky Tower. (I think?)

40-something floors of Ghost-type Pokemon attacking from behind the walls, Pokemon that kept spamming attacks that hit the whole room and there was only one save point. At the top was Rayquaza, ready to send you back down all those stairs.

Have no Reviver Seeds left? Good luck! /sarcasm

Anyway, Cynthia's team overpowered in every single way. Especially her Lucario, who can easily wipe the floor with my team. :I

Back