• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The hero becomes a villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I'd love that! We probally might get it this time 'cause y'know they're trying to bring teens back to pokemon and it's a yin yang thing this time (Zekrom and Reshiram)
    Damn I hope this happens!

gkenzx

The Black Shadow
    Years
    That would be a great idea! But the as stated above the official series will never, ever, EVER do that.

Umm, there was a hack at one point (Rocket Red I believe) where you were a Team Rocket member.

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
    well, since you say it was an offer, you could refuse and continue on the same old cliche story or join to get the cool little plot twist. it could be kind of a sidequest. I don't see it as being blacklisted by gamefreak since you had to disguise your self as team rocket in hg/ss so long as your mission types don't include hurting people or stealing pokemon/money

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I'd really love this to happen, but, to be honest, I doubt it will.
    After getting out the game corner, I doubt Gamefreak will ever add sth. "evil" and "toxic" for the "children" playing the game.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    That actually sounds like a great idea. Although, because it's GameFreak, I doubt they will. Although, I don't see why they can't do this.

TeamA are the good guys.
    And they are fighting TeamB, who are the bad guys.
    You join TeamA to stop TeamB for some reason.
    Turns out TeamA are the bad guys, using their GoodGuy disguise to make it easier.
    You battle some TeamA grunts and run away.
    You then join TeamB and save the world... Or something...

I don't see why that couldn't happen. That could make for an interesting plot twist that I would love to see...

Woot! :D

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    I doubt it'll happen, but i would love to play as an evil character. :3

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    On top of the already-stated "it wouldn't work because it's targeted toward kids" argument, I am sorta wondering... what exactly would this team have you do? If you're a member of an "evil team", you usually tend to run around stealing things and causing mayhem. I don't think that would allow you to actually do the things Pokemon is centered upon. Yanno, battling gym leaders, traveling, training your Pokemon... I like the idea itself, but because being an actual member of a "team" seems like it would just get in the way of the actual point of the game... I don't think it's gonna happen.

However, it could still work sort of like that. I think the suggestion that you could be working for a supposedly "good" team that turns out to be evil later would work wonderfully. Not to mention it would make a lot more sense than your good-natured and heroic player character randomly joining a group of blatantly bad troublemakers. Rather than actually joining them, perhaps you could just affiliate with them and help them along the way. That sort of happened in Ruby and Sapphire with teams Aqua and Magma respectively, but it wasn't very in-depth.

Of course it does seem unlikely, but if they're ever gonna do it in the main-series games now looks like a damn good time for it. Especially with the yin/yang thing, and the fact that the white Legendary is in Black while the black one is in White. Seems kinda like they're trying to reflect the idea that in all light is a bit of darkness, and vice versa. I am expecting some sort of plot twist, be it this or something completely new.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    Pokemon black
    You join the team and wreak havoc until you don't get paid, then you destroy them from inside out

Pokemon white, you battle the evil team and cause blacks character to take down the team, I want a BIG difference in the games, and since ur teens in B&W, it's possible that GF will increase the rating by 1 or 2 to make better story lines

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
    That idea sounds great! Or atleast starting an evil organization then realizing it's bad and losing control of it. Then regaining it back and destroying it or SOMETHING NEW!! Maybe get rejected by the people you're saving, just something NEW!!!

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    I highly doubt the likelyhood of a branching plotline being added to these games. I highly anticipate that at the most there to be a point in the story where your character may be swayed by dark intentions or disguise himself in order to fool Team *insert name here*. But, if there was ever a time for them to implement a system where you have to choose your path, it should've been in a game like Collosseum, where you spend a good majority of the game as an antihero stealing other people's pokemon and choosing whether to bring them back to the light or let them linger in darkness.

And besides, most of the time that your character would be swayed by evil intent is during a final showdown with the leader of Team *insert name here*, and we all know what happens when the leader gets a little too close to tempting your character, righ? Someone; anyone; friend; champion; professor; whoever, will step in during or right after your battle and tell you not to heed their advice. I don't expect nintendo/gamefreak to stray too far from the formula on a lot of games.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I think it wouldn't be a good idea.

Your always probably going to be a hero in all the Pokemon games. :D
    Although I would like to be the Villain :3

Bobraygen

Team Aqua grunt
    Years
    For years I haven been toying witht he idea of having a villain charater you play as. For example you start the game and you wake up in the middle of the ocean on a raft or somthing. You lost your memory and team AQUA picks you up on their sub and you work for them. Instead of badges you gte missions to complete but you still caught pokemon and train them. At the end instead of elet four you face the boss of the teama dn try to win. You can do the same type of story line with Rocket glaltica, magma
    -.-, and whoever eles. Thne using wifi you team battle or using wireless you face other teams or coem togetther. Tornements the teams line up and pick a leader then they have a special Missiont he team haz to complete and compete to finish before the other team completes it. SO many possibliitys! I wouldn't mind working for nintendo on the story line and stuff xD GO TEAM AQUA!

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
    You are all saying that the rating needs to be ratcheted up in order for these plottwists to work. this is not the case at all. there are some amazing e/e10+ games with incredible stories. if you look at it logically, pokemon should be e10+ anyways because you are actually fighting. games like puzzle quest and kingdom hearts, which have the same amount or less violence than pokemon have excellent stories but still can target children as their audience, heck in KH your best friend turns out to be heavily swayed by the heartless and KILLS THE MAIN CHARACTER, i know this post has become sort of a rant, but it all does feed back into one point hiiro and other admins who would delete this. it is completely possible for the hero to be swayed to/by evil and maintain an e rating. this is a completely plausible idea and SHOULD BE CARRIED OUT by GF

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    This idea would be great for a new story change in the Pokémon games, but I highly doubt this would ever happen. Since, Pokémon is about raising your Pokémon and becoming a Pokémon master.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    This is a cool idea, but alas, it wont happen (most likely) But this, my friend, is why we have ROM hacks

Years
    THE WORLD HAS YET TO REALISE MY GENIUS!

You begin the game as a New Recruit of The Team. The Professor is the Head Scientist and the Evil Genius of The Team, and your first mission involves stealing 3 Rare Pokemon. This will of course be laughably easy, and you are rewarded by keeping one of them as your own. Your rival will be someone who was supposed to protect or recover the 3, and will manage to rescue one as The Professor escapes with the last one. Then the Other Gender Character (who will be your Partner at times in the story) gets that last one.

Your assignments will be relatively simple, such as catch or steal a certain Pokemon or item, or deliver an item somewhere. "Gym Leaders" will be targets that The Team needs removed, so you (as the most promising New Recruit) are sent to defeat them. The badge is taken as a reward, because it allows your HM moves to be used outside of battle and pass through certain gates.

You can take as long as you need to complete these missions, and can go train, capture, play minigames, and other stuff, because you are a Loose Cannon Who Doesn't Play By The Rules, But You Get Results.

In the end, you defeat The Elite 4, capture a Legendary Pokemon, and become a Commander of The Team, second only to the Leader. Your Partner, who has stolen or captured enough Pokemon to fill The Professor's Pokedex, captures the other Legendary Pokemon, becoming a Commander of equal rank to you. The Bad Guys Win.

Then comes the third game, in which you play a fresh-faced youth on his/her Journey To Become A Pokemon Master. Along the way, he/she Captures a Legendary Pokemon, Battles an Evil Team, and takes down their Leader and his two Commanders, aided by a Mysterious Stranger (the Rival) with past connections to the Evil Team's Commanders...

It isn't the plot to Pokemon Black, White and ???, but it would be an awesome series! A classic Villian Protagonist story, with the third version undoing everything you worked so hard for in the first game!

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2017
    I do think the game series needs a dramatic reboot in terms of story development. Every storyline unveils itself in the same way for the series. I reached a point where I'm just clicking through the conversation as fast as possible because it feels like a cut/paste job from the previous game.

It would be cool to have different storylines unfold based on which character(s) you start out with. It could add some replay value as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back