• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The HG/SS Pokedex Thread

Do you the new pokedex layout?

• Yes

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • It's not bad

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters

Finnel

Years
  • I was really confused by it at first, but I quickly got used to it. It does look pretty nice.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I love it! It seems far more creative and easier to navigate then previous pokedexs. I also love how you can see the party sprite of each pokemon with their number, while also being able to see a larger number of pokemon at one time. I also love how the basic pokemon info page just pops up on the top screen so you wouldnt have to go back in older games. I can't wait to see what the other pages of the dex look like :)

Ayselipera

I really won't be able to judge it till I use it.
    As of now its just reminds me of a calendar.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • I didn't really like the one for Diamond though, the spinning Pokeball REALLY got on my nerves.

I hated the spinning pokeball too, kaitlin. As for HG/SS's pokedex, I like it. It seems different from all of the other pokedexes. They really made it look all advanced, didn't they?

Wh1teW01f

This is my "Awesome" face
    Years
  • I think I like it a little more than the old pokedex. As long as it still has the slow down feature on the cries that I used to freak my friend out. But I won't really know until I try it out for myself. Two of the things that I hope they still have in HG/SS is the radio thing and the Pokegear.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I like this design. It looks like it'll be easier to navigate and you don't have to read the Pokemon name to know what Pokemon it is. Definitely more unique than the other Pokedexes, which have pretty much always have similar functioning.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I give it two thumbs up for the simple interface abd being able to see 20 pokemon on a screen at once instead of 7.

(b'_')b

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • I like it. I think it resembles how the PokéDex should have looked like from the start, in my opinion, but they just didn't have enough screen space, so they made the hard-to-use version(s) instead. Unitl now. Yay for a PokéDex that looks decent!

Why I used red colour for "PokéDex"? Dunno.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • In my opinion it's the best layout they've ever made for a PokéDex actually. I mean it's easy to navigate through and finally you can touch them and there are more Pokés in a row so it makes it more easy to search for a specific without that annoying "ball goes crazy" sound of D/P/Pt (I mean it is a really annoying sound ;D)

Years
  • Like the person before me said, this is the best Pokedex I've seen yet. They even added a cover to it. It's great because you don't have to go down a long list of names to see a Pokemon, you can easily tap on it and read its entry. I rarely use the thing anyway, so I don't care that it's blank-ish.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2009
    I agree with you. Im not saying that i dont like it, something about it just bugs me. The interface seems simple enough but we have yet to see how good the scrolling is.

Back