• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] The Hisui evolutions are likely extinct

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Some of them probably moved to someplace else. There could have been a change in the climate that didn't fit their needs so they ended up moving to a different place that was a better fit. Some might have been hunted down by humans for, let's say, getting warm fur or something. Other non-evolving version like base Stantler could just be regional variants that never had the need to evolve in the first place.

Basculegion is an odd case being kind of a ghost? But I assume its downfall could very well be that it's too good of a predator. It wouldn't survive for long if the amount of food ran out. This could even be accelerated if the climate changed. Basculin might end up being better off staying the way they are because they might be able to get away with less food. This also means that if somewhere there was a way for it to survive it would just return as its evolution method is not tied to any sort of special requirement as long as other Basculin are around.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2022
    well they definitely wouldn't have the tech to revive fossils in the period this is set in, unless they've got some really funky powers. so i doubt it

praying that they just migrated somewhere else and my son is alive and well😇

What about magic being used to revive fossil Pokemon. We already know magic or "unexplained power" does exist to an extent

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I don't know if they are 'extinct' per say. first off, we don't even know why Basculin are there. It is possible they were all captured and removed to say Unova where they don't evolve. But they could always be else where in the world.

Same with Stantler. It says it evolved to handle the weather. As the world warmed up, it is less likely to evolve, but if it was the dead of winter or somewhere else that is really cold, I could see it still evolving.

With Braviary... could be that pokemon specifically is from a cold region and just goes else where or has no reason to come to SInnoh anymore.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2021
    I wouldn't say extinct, I would say they still exist in a remote island (and will probably be used in future games)

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2021
    I wouldn't say extinct, I would say they still exist in a remote island (and will probably be used in future games)

interesting point
    i too wish to see these alternate forms in another game instead of only this one
    maybe we will see them in gen 9, maybe in a BDSP dlc [haha, what a dream]

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Imagine having these variations mentioned in BDSP.
    Haha, would be awesome!

Back