• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hive: Bug-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
We seriously lack ghost/bug Pokémon. I mean, there is Shedinja, but it rarely gets used, and I don't really blame people for that; it just simply isn't that great. :( If it were up to you, would you introduce another bug/ghost-type? What would you name it? What moves would it have? How would it look? What would its stats be?

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
We seriously lack ghost/bug Pokémon. I mean, there is Shedinja, but it rarely gets used, and I don't really blame people for that; it just simply isn't that great. :( If it were up to you, would you introduce another bug/ghost-type? What would you name it? What moves would it have? How would it look? What would its stats be?

I'd have to find it- but there was a guy who had some pretty awesome concepts for Bug/Ghost based off ye merry olde soul- the cordyceps fungus.

Although, we do already have Parasect for that, I think the idea is worth revisiting.

ThinkingwithPokemon

Challenger
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
Preferred username: ThinkingwithPokemon
Partner Pokémon: Scatterbug
Topic: I think Parasect should either be changed to Bug/Poison or Bug/Ghost. It just looks really suspicious to me. Also, it says its parasitic mushroom took over its body. The parasitic mushroom I think should suggest the change to poison. But, since the mushroom sort of controls Parasect, I think it kind of screams ghost typing. What do you think?

Yuna Hope

Suport pokemon unleashed
Years
Nickname : Yuna
partner : beautifly
What is your favorite Bug-type Pokémon?
I realy love beautifly. for me beautifly is very cute when i was 8 years old and i played pokemon Emerald the first pokemon that i caught is a Wurmple :)

<3 yuna

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: ThinkingwithPokemon
Partner Pokémon: Scatterbug
Topic: I think Parasect should either be changed to Bug/Poison or Bug/Ghost. It just looks really suspicious to me. Also, it says its parasitic mushroom took over its body. The parasitic mushroom I think should suggest the change to poison. But, since the mushroom sort of controls Parasect, I think it kind of screams ghost typing. What do you think?

Welcome to the club. Scatterbug is a little cutie. I like the idea of Parasect being either of those secondary types. I think it's mostly likely to be part Poison due to parasites being a kind of poison to the body and the control aspect is still of a Bug-type, but Ghost would be nice too and not having just a Shedinja solely as the only Bug/Ghost.

Nickname : Yuna
partner : beautifly
What is your favorite Bug-type Pokémon?
I realy love beautifly. for me beautifly is very cute when i was 8 years old and i played pokemon Emerald the first pokemon that i caught is a Wurmple :)

<3 yuna

Welcome to the club. I don't have much experience with Beautifly, but she is beautiful as her name suggests. I like her whole evolutionary line, one of the best evolutionary lines there is, next to the Eeveelutions.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Man, is this club dead? I wish I knew how else to liven it up. I had a tournament running on it a long time ago but I ended it because of lack of votes. I wonder if I should do that again?

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Man, is this club dead? I wish I knew how else to liven it up. I had a tournament running on it a long time ago but I ended it because of lack of votes. I wonder if I should do that again?

No one's commented here since early May. Kind of sad. New topic is up, so be sure to answer it. I'd have a Beautifly, just a beautiful insect and kind too.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Which Bug-type would you have if they were real?
Scizor for sure. It's got an amazing look, and competitively, it could be very useful. Its size might be a little small, but that doesn't really bother me. :]

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Don't feel bad, my clubs have both been dead for the last month or so as well. They've just been on the downswing lately.

Anyway, I'd have a Beedrill, mostly because I don't think many people would bother me if I had a Beedrill, they're pretty terrifying :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
It's summer and people are too scared of all the Bug-types out in the garden to step outside! Which raises a fun question to think about; what would you guys say is the scariest Bug-type Pokémon out there?

I can summarise my answer in a single image:

Spoiler:

Though if we're only talking non-megas, that's a bit tougher. I think Pinsir and Scyther are scary based on their very nature and design of what they are and just how easily they could end your life if they wanted to, but then again I'm sure they'd be a lot easier to escape than a Galvantula's webs or Venomoth's spores. I would award the "scariest concept" award to Parasect for merit of being a walking zombie fungus, but design-wise I think I'll have to go with good ol' Pinsir. What do you guys think?

Wicked3DS

Years
Caterpie. My name is Misty.

Yeah, Mega Pinsir is pretty frightening, but it's awesome. I'd say Beedrill based on it's vicious nature as well.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Oh lord I forgot all about Beedrill, that thing is the utter worst. I'm terrified enough of bees and wasps in real life but a massive angry poisonous bee that can shoot its stingers at you from afar? No thank you! I think you're right, that's definitely got to be the worst. I'll just stick to the cuties like Dwebble and Sewaddle ♥

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years

Kricketune. I love classical music.

Who wouldn't want a living cello waltzing around with them?

Years

I'd have a Vivillon, it's super-adorable and I'd catch all its different wing patterns! They all have really nice colors which sorta explains the fact its name is "vivid" + "papillon" (the French word for butterfly).

Wicked3DS

Years

Kricketune. I love classical music.

Who wouldn't want a living cello waltzing around with them?

Delelelelele WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

Sorry, I had to do that at least once.

I could own a Heracross, they're pretty cool. It just would never Mega Evolve. Ever.

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
Which Bug-type would you have if
they were real?
i could own Beautifly because i love cute pokemons :).
Beautifly is a mostly black- colored butterfly-like Pokémon. Beautifly has a long, curled black proboscis, large blue eyes and black antennae extending out of its head. Beautifly�s face, underside, and four stubby limbs are gray in coloration. Beautifly�s wings are large and colorful, the largest markings being yellow, with accentuations of red and blue. The rim of the wing also has a line of yellow on the edge, and the lower pair of wings has a long, round-tipped extension.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Ok people, I am back and I am thinking about a "grand championship" type of tournament to crown the best Bug-type Pokemon. During this time, topics will not be available but you still have to register for the club as normal if you want to join this club. Let me get the tournament organized and I will post it shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back