• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

= The Hobo's Art Box =

Halmtier

THE HOBO
    Years
    WELCOME!

Welcome to the Hobo's art box, where I will be randomly putting up some of my art from time to time. Please, come in, sit down, and enjoy!

I tend to draw a lot of different things, from Pokemon to my own creations, digital paintings, vector, cell shaded and more. I've never taken a real art class- but still try to practice anatomy, perspective and the like on my own time.

All crits are welcome, but just remember that some of these are not finished drawings or were never intended to be of finished quality.

Spoiler:

=====================

Spoiler:

=====================

Spoiler:

=====================

Spoiler:

Years
    I really like that third image! Angles and distance are usually pretty hard to get right but I think you pulled it off very well. :D I really like how you added that bush/grass in the front of the image to give it more depth too; turned out very nice! I assume you added some textures to it as well?

Another favorite of mine is the Zorua with its back facing us. The anatomy is almost spot on and I just love the pose you chose to draw it in!

Halmtier

THE HOBO
    Years
    I assume you added some textures to it as well?

Nope, all textures were 'painted' (I used photoshop, so whatever you call it) but hand and not done with special textures or whatever. It's all just the default brushes as well.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Wow! These are awesome! You're really good!

Years
    https://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/062/4/4/shelter_pathway___pokefarm_by_halmtier-d3auhx3.png
    This is awesome!

I like green colors and the way you made a forest area. It really looks great.

The eggs stand out a lot in the piece. The bush (that I guess is blurred to make a focal point) is a little distracting. First, the shade color is a colder green than the warm, yellow green you've used to shade and color the grass and trees. That, I think, is the only reason why it stands out and doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the forest. Other than that, I seriously love the atmosphere and your details.

https://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/129/2/9/for_sei___her_and_my_pokemon_by_halmtier-d3g06px.png
    Aw, these guys look cool. I especially like Ensof for his hat. ^..^
    I can't say much about the coloring - pretty simple and I can tell where the light source is coming from.

https://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PR...frog_lancer___concept_by_halmtier-d3c0xi0.png
    This really impressed me the most in your whole gallery.
    I found this creative and clean. When I say clean, I was referring to the line art. I think you did a great job creating the clothes because I can see from the lines what kind of texture and feel the clothes could have. I would so love to see this colored. So. Badly.

You got some awesome work, POST MORE! =D

Halmtier

THE HOBO
    Years
    More Updates!

Spoiler:

=============

Spoiler:

=============

Spoiler:

=============

Spoiler:

=============

Replies...

I can't say much about the coloring - pretty simple and I can tell where the light source is coming from.

I would so love to see this colored. So. Badly.

The coloring and such was done really quickly, as this was just some gift art for someone on Skype. And I totally suck at light sources still- though I keep trying to work on that. As for coloring the other one, It probably won't happen sadly- It's concept work for a game my boyfriend and his friends are all putting together, nothing more. =(

Dude, you must draw a Hydreigon for me! I really like your Pokemon drawings. Keep it up.

Haha, maybe I will try to some time. I tend to draw based on my current RP's and so on, but I will keep it in the back of my mind. =P

Back