• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hoenn Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    E-Knight, I'm sorry but as of now your application is pending. You lack some major detail in it. Try to make yours detailed more like Neiko Star's application. That is what we are looking for in this roleplay.

Years
    The Gaurdian: Please more meat in teh Bio and Appearence please, like AuraGodLucario's.
    Yuna: Great beginning! Can't wait for the rest.
    p.s I loved the Magikarp/Gyrados Arguement!
    Lilly: Great work! ou met full criteria and did a fantastic job. You will start Chapter 2! Here is what you obtained in that chapter!
    1 Hoppip
    1 Town Map
    1 Pokedex
    1 Potion
    5x Poke Balls
    2. To Oldale! Unlocked for: Lilly In this chapter: You are on your way to Oldale but wo't get there until the next chapter. You got 3 choices.
    1. An old lady's Skitty is up in a tree. Will you help her or not? What will happen after this?
    2. You catch your first Pokemon (Poochyena, Wurmple or Zigzagoon). Write about the battle.
    3. You have a Pokemon Battle with any trainer that appears in your story, like a Bug Catcher, School Girl, etc.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2009
    First pokemon RP for me.. this should be interesting.

Name: Snoe Flayk

Appearance: Snoe is 15 years old, 5 ft 5 with an average weight/figure build and pale skin with misty coloured eyes. His white hair is long on the sides and front but short at the back with varying shades of blue streaks. Strangely he has not dyed it. Snoe wears a dark grey/ charcoal coloured T-Shirt with and black jeans. He also wears dark/light blue striped arm warmers and has two braided bracelets on his right wrist.

History: Was born in Snopoint City. His father died in an avalanche while he was young, which fueled his mother into researching the legendary Ice pokemon, theorizing that they were angered and were the cause of the avalanche. As a young boy he was best friends with a girl named Rose, however her family had to move to the Hoenn region due to her parents work. Upset and now friendless Snoe had to say goodbye. In one of the following years he believed he saw her in the distance from the city and upon venturing out to find her got lost in the heavy snows surrounding the city for over a day and found a young Cyndaquil who was suffering from the intense cold.. Despite his own freezing body he wrapped his jacket around the Cyndaquil and protected it for another day until help arrived. Since then he and the Cyndaquil have been inseperable..

Years later at age 15, despite his previous lack of desire to venture out into the world he decides to leave for Hoenn after hearing news of Rose moving up in the ranks of pokemon trainers. Lacking any real idea of where to start, he chooses the Town of Littleroot, where most of the Hoenn trainers start..

Starter Pokemon: Cyndaquil

Good enough?

Years
    Epsil: ACCEPTED! here's your Trainer Card!
    The Hoenn Journey

You can now start Chapter 1!

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2009
    Snoe stared out into the snows..
    Was that Rose..?
    Of course not.. She was in Hoenn.
    But what if it was? What if she's lost and she needs your help?
    She was always fine in the snows.. Snoe was the one always falling over and getting his face frozen.. of course it wasnt-
    A high pitched cry sounded in the distance in the direction he was facing.. That decided it, he stepped out and in the same step broke the first and most important rule of Snowpoint City..
    ..Entering the deeps alone.

After around ten steps the snow was up to his knees.. and despite his average height, by twenty steps it was up to his waist.. his legs were freezing.
    Where did that cry come from?
    As if in answer, another cry sounded out ahead of him. He rushed onwards confidently.

..and slid down under the snow.

He cried out as he burst from the snow into an empty space sheilded by a strange flat boulder which seemed to be frozen into the ground at an angle.. and there he found the source of the cries.

Epsil sat on the boat, staring out at the approaching beach shoreline. From here he could walk a short distance to Petalburg, then to his mothers friend Prof. Birch in Littleroot. His hand absent-mindedly petted his sleeping Cyndaquil, and in his lack of focus his mind drifted back into memories.

There was a female Typhlosion lying in the very corner of the 'cave'.. its flame was out, its eyes were shut and Snoe couldn't percieve any motion in its stomach... And then he saw it, the thing which had been making the cries.
    A smaller than usual Cyndaquil was mewling softly and nudging its mother.
    'Quiill..' 'Quiill..' Snoes throat hurt as he held back tears, the Cyndaquil was so.. so desperate for its mother.. Snoe crept towards it slowly and reached a hesitant hand out towards it..
    'QUIL" it yelped and opened its mouth wide to release a slight choking sound.. its fire was gone..
    'q-quill' , it nudged its dead mother and when no response came it wriggled against its motionless chest, as if trying to burrow under it to get away from the intruder..
    Snoe pulled back his hand quickly and watched sadly as the Cyndaquil stared at him with wide eyes from under its mothers forearm.. He withdrew to the other side of the cave and huddled wrapped his arms around his knees.. it was so cold.

Epsils fingers gently traced the blue lines on either side of Cyndaquils back and wondered if he would ever catch up to Rose..

He watched the Cyndaquil give up on nudging its mother and seem to stumble around before leaning against its mother.. its eyes were blinking slowly..
    It could die..
    Snoes body heat was dropping, but he was used to the cold.. The Cyndaquil was a fire pokemon.. It thrived on warmth.. and it obviously wasn't used to these conditions..
    He pulled off his jacket. The jacket rose had given him.. It had been incredibly too big when he'd gotten it..
    "Well if it didn't fit when you were older, you'd probably forget me you goof!"
    He smiled slightly and spread the jacket over the Cyndaquil and its mother before tucking it in gently.. The cyndaquil mewled but was obviously too week to fight back.
    With the jacket wrapped around completely, he lifted the bundle carefully onto his thighs and bent his legs to keep it close.
    I hope this saves you.. The thought slid through his mind hopefully, and he closed his eyes with his arms wrapped tightly around the bundle.

"Time to get up!" the Captain said loudly, his multiple Wingulls flapping around the ship. More were joining them from the house on the dock.
    Snoe and the few other passengers slowly left the ship.
    "Petalburg is directly East! You can see it in the horizon! From there you can continue East to Oldale, and from there North or South to either the Cycling Road. Though you'll need to swim or surf across. Or Littleroot, where this regions residing Proffessor is- Birchs' his name I believe?
    On the other hand you can continue north from here to Rus-"
    Snoe stopped listening and began to walk east.. Towards Petalburg, Oldale and Littleroot.. And maybe even Rose?

Snoe was awoken by a whooshing noise. He was unable to move, yet his frost coverred eyes openned slightly.
    A sneasel burst into the cave.
    "Found them!" shouted the person who followed it, a man dressed in a heavy light yellow coloured jacket with the brand 'pure-Mareep' on it.
    Proff. Flayk strode purposefully through the snow with a Glaceon and a Flareon following her. As she saw her son, huddled with his jacket in his lap a slight smile crept across her face and she quickly whiped the tears from her cheeks. The man in the yellow glanced at her sideways.
    "Just some sweat, been hard work eh?" she said defensively.
    The man chuckled under his breath. "Yeh, sweat."
    The woman huffed, "Fire. Ice".
    "Glae-"
    "Flaar-"
    "-eon" the twin pokemon answered and a intense blast of fire melted a tunnel through the snow 'celing' instantly. Followed by a beautiful twisting array of blues as ice supports formed throughout the tunnel and makeshift ledge-stairs formed in the newly formed tunnel.
    The yellow wearing man removed his hand from his eyes muttering, "Kept my eyebrows that time" . He strode over to snow and picked him up, carrying him with the jacket on his stomach.
    Snoes consciousness waverred.
    "Might want to get fire up onto 'im, he's got a helluva lot of frost on 'im."
    The woman nodded "Lets get him out of here first."
    They strode out of the room, Snoes eyes drifting open and closed.

Snoe gazed around the town, Cyndaquil was still tired, its head poked out of his backpack. He reached down into his shoulder bag and pulled out a note.
    "Norman - Directions?"
    He tucked it into his pocket and strode towards the gym, there was a tall, thickly muscled man standing in front of it. "You a challenger?!" he exclaimed leaning down towards him.
    Snoes' mind blanked for a second before he said "Uhm.. not really.. I just need directions and maybe some tips on how to get to Littleroot. My mother said a man called Norman was.." he trailed off as the man groaned.
    "Ever since that Rose girl came through here I haven't had one interesting battle.. I'm Norman by the way, Balance- Badge gym leader." He extended a hand.
    Snoe blinked and shook it. "Snoe.. uhm, Rose?"
    Norman seemed to be lost in thought for a second then turned back to him. "Yea, some hotshot trainer who somehow wiped me with a Quilava.. Wait, Snoe?"
    Snoe blinked again, this man was hard to keep up with. "Snoe Flayk.. no its not a fake name. My mother just decided tha-"
    "you'd be unique?" Norman laughed. "Yes, a strange, yet strong woman, your mother called ahead to say you'd come asking for directions. So you're the one who's going to try and become a champion.."
    "w-well.. not really, that's more of her idea, I'm just hoping to catch up to Rose and the best way would be to go through all the gym leaders.." Snoe stuttered out.. His mother had really gotten fired up about the whole champion thing.. Well he HAD said if Rose became champion the best way to see her would be to challenge her.
    "Through all the gym leaders..?" Norman had a serious look on his face.
    "U-uh, yes I.. I'll try." Snoe imagined his misty eyes wide with fear on the expression he wore now.
    "HAHA! Then I guess I might just get a real challenger! Littleroot is to the South East, you could try and hike it through the forest, though I wouldn't suggest it myself. Or you can go to Oldale then south. It's quite a short journey, you could be there today. So off you go!" Norman was pushing him away from the gym laughing.
    "Now have fun!" he stopped and dashed back into the gym, and nearby Hootoots flew from their tree when a cry of "TIME TO TRAIN!" was heard from the gym.
    Snoe stood.. letting his brain slowly catch up. "Nothing to do but do.." he murmured and began his journey to Littleroot.

Once they got outside they placed Snoe upon a huge Piloswine, his mother claimed it was the biggest. It certainly had warm body heat..
    Images of his mother patting it happily across the back grinning "this thing never gets cold," rose up in his mind.
    His mother reached for his jacket when a chirpy 'Quiill" came from the bundle. He hand stopped before slowly removing the jacket so that its contents slid onto Snoes chest.
    The Cyndaquil sat there almost glaring up at his mother. Later his mother had told him it looked as if it were protecting him.

-2nd EDIT BEGINS HERE-

Snoe strode through the woods towards Oldale, wondering if he could really make it today.. Cyndaquil had woken up and was no perched on his shoulder examining various things around them. A Beautifly shimmered past on the wind and Cyndaquil mewled at it..

Snoe awoke in a bed, with the Cyndaquil still asleep on his chest. He shifted slightly and openned his eyes just as his mother strode into the room.. She noticed him awake and stopped in front of his bed.
    "I'd hug you but that damn Cyndaquil won't let anyone go near you."
    "QUIL" the Cyndaquil now on his stomach growled at his mother, spitting sparks and small flickers of flame.
    "If he'd got his fire back me and half my aides would've been a fair bit darker by now." She chuckled.
    "The mother.." Snoe murmured softly.
    His mothers mood dulled a bit. "We buried it.. if the little one had his fire, we'd definately have been gone then. But now it seems to have decided its going to live with you." She glanced at it, "and on you apparently."
    Snoe smiled slightly.

As he walked through Oldale, Snoe glanced at the sky.. He could probably make it, everyone said that Littleroot and Oldale were basically the same town..
    Yea.. he could make it.
    He strode on, Cyndaquil walked next to him.

Snoe and his mother sat in front of the T.V , Cyndaquil was perched on his head, shooting glances of curiousity towards the T.V inbetween glares towards his mother.. It was a special report on up-and-coming trainers.
    "AND NOW! We go to Rose, a Hoenn trainer originally from Sinnoh who is just BLAZING through the gym leaders here. A potential.. lets hear the word?"
    The word champion shot across the screen and the word champion was yelled out from the live audience.
    Snoe turned towards his mother, Cyndaquil twisted to stare at the T.V. "You don't thi-" he was interrupted by the cheers of the audience as a pale girl with incredibly black hair skipped onto the stage and shook hands with the host.
    "Rose.." Snoe was focused on the screen now, so was Cyndaquil.
    "So, Rose? How have you managed to defeat so many gyms with just a single pokemon? Is there some sort of secret to it?" The host leaned in, as if he were about to hear an actual secret.
    The cameras zoomed in on Rose, who didn't speak for a few seconds. "Nope! Lava is just that great!" as she spoke, she released a Quilava from its pokeball and it bounded up her arm and onto her head. "QUIL!"
    "Well, thats the secret then guys!" The host winked at the cameras. "We'll see you next time on Up-And-Coming-CHAMPIONS!"
    Snoe stopped paying attention as the camera zoomed out and focused on the cheering audience as the credits came down the screen.
    "I think I'm going to Hoenn."

Snoe stepped into Littleroot town..
    "So this is it huh..?"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2009
    Snoe began to head towards the pokemon centre to stay the night.. Behind him he heard the thudding sound of someone running..
    I hope it''s not full or something and they're trying to get in..
    "Oi you!" It was a girl running behind him.. he kept walking, wondering who she was calling out to.
    Tomorrow Proff.Birch to get started, then we set off.. he patted Cyndaquils head, which was poking out of his shoulder bag now.. the little pokemon couldn't seem to decide which bag was going to become its home. Set off.. Hm.. Rustboro is the first gym.. I think?.. I wonder how far Rose has go-
    "OI YOU!" the loud noise made him jump, he hadn't notice the girl catch up. He turned around to see what she was after..
    "Yes, geez.. you... made.. me.. run.. the whole.. WAY!" She panted, bent over and breathing heavily.
    "I'm sorry?", it was both a question and an apology.
    "I want to.. to battle you.." she breathed, regaining her breath.
    "But it's.." Snoe glanced at his watch, "well, kinda late.. I was just heading to the-"
    "I'm becoming a pokemon trainer tomorrow see, so I need to get some practice in so that when I start I'm ahead of everyone yea? Then I'll be.. better, right?"
    She seems to have gotten her breath back.. "righ-"
    "So lets battle!" She said pulling out a pokeball.
    "But-"
    "It'l be one on one to be fair to you.. I mean I've.. totally got like.. a hundred.. yea, a hundred pokemon already. But I want to be fair so one v one is fine!"
    "Quill" Cyndaquil gave Snoe a seemingly confused look.
    "Uhm.. I guess we could give it a shot." Snoe murmured. Cyndaquil wriggled out of his bag leapt to the ground.
    "Isn't that the cutest littl-.. Uh, yea. That's a nice pokemon you have there, uhm, bring it on... or something." The girl looked confused for a second.
    She knows what she's doing..
    Then the pokeball in her hand expanded and she threw it into the air.. straight up,
    "Eeeek!" realising this she quickly stepped to the side as it came down, there was a flash of red light which slowly formed into a mudkip.
    "Yay it worked!" she jumped into the air raising a clenched fist..
    Snoe blinked slowly.
    "I've totally done that before.." She continued uncertainly.. "Uh, Mudkip! Water Gun!"
    Cyndaquil seemed confused as a spurt of water blasted from the Mudkips mouth towards him.
    Snoes mind blanked for a second "..Dodge!" Oh.. I really should've done some sort of training for this shouldn't I.. Cyndaquil sprung jumped to the right and stumbled into a roll before standing back up. Snoe was just about as uncertain as him. "Uh, good job.. flame.. attack?"
    Cyndaquil openned his mouth to give out a feirce roar of fire.. at least, thats what Snoe had imagined him doing. Instead he spat small sparks and little flickers in the Mudkips general direction.
    The girl cheered, "Good dodge Mudkip!"
    "Kip!" the pokemon yelped, seemingly happy with itself.
    And then Cyndaquil headbutted it. The girl squealed. Snoes mouth openned slightly.. That was.. fast. Both of the pokemon tumbled. Snoe noticed that his Cyndaquil was about 2/3 of the size of the Mudkip.. Headbutt probably wasn't such a good idea..
    I really need to train or something..
    "Fury Swipes!" Yelled the girl..
    It doesnt have claws.. Snoe peered at the Mudkips small stubby paws. The Mudkip swatted Cyndaquil. "Quil!" Small sparks landed on the Mudkip, but it didn't seem to notice.
    "Two hits!" the Mudkip swatted Cyndaquil again.. it didn't seem to actually be doing anything..
    Ah.. hm.. I'm going to need a lot of training... A lot..
    Cyndaquil swatted the Mudkip..
    "I think I'll forfeit.." Snoe didn't think he could win, he began pondering ways to train Cyndaquil..
    Cyndaquil retreated back to his feet before jumping back into his bag.
    "You forfeit?.. that means.. I WIN!" The girl jumped into the air holding the Mudkip.
    "KIP!" it cheered with her.. She ran over to Snoe and shook his hand.
    "Good uh, battle.. My names May by the way!"
    "Uh.. I'm Snoe."
    "Snow, really?" She looked at him curiously.
    "With an e not a w.."
    "Cool! So, lets go to the pokemon centre..?"
    Snoe blinked, "You don't live here?"
    May seemed unsure for a second, "Me? No.. Of course not.. I travelled from really far away.."
    "MAYYY! Are you really staying at the pokemon centre tonight?" A voice called from one of the nearby houses.
    "YES MOM! I'M TALKING TO A TRAINER! BYE MOM, GOOD NIGHT, BYE!" She turned back to Snoe. "I don't know who that was.." She said looking at her feet.
    Snoe couldn't help smiling. "Okay, lets go."

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2009
    Hi, are you still open for members?

If you are, here's my character sheet;

Name: Shannon Key

Appearence: Shannon stands halfway over five feet with a slim and toned build with a slightly curvaceous frame, she is also surprisingly muscular, that proves she's not as innocent as she seems. She has a rounded face with small lips, and slightly angular eyes. Her eyes are an odd shade of yellow, but they vary in colour ranging from lemon to amber. Her dark blonde hair descends down to her shoulders in no particular style and is normally tied up in a simple ponytail, her fringe clipped over to the left hand side. She generally wears a mismatched array of items, normally a pair of baggy black combats with brightly coloured t-shirts; along with a wide array of accessories and jewellery, usually finishing off with a pair of ankle high bright green sneakers.

Personality: Alone and around her current family she is usually calm and care free, around anyone else, however, she becomes rather irritable, abrasive and quick to anger. Shannon is strong willed, intelligent, independent and seldom cares about others.

History: Unsure where she was born, or who her real parents are; Shannon has been in foster care with various families for as long as she can remember. She found it incredibly difficult having to constantly adjust to a new family so often, and tended to act out – getting into fights and being abusive. Her current family, whom she has been living with for three years now, are surprisingly supportive and kind; Shannon settled down considerably, and started trying to get her life on track. After successfully enrolling in the training academy in Rustboro, she studied for just over a year before realising that academia just wasn't for her. Though her love of Pokémon grew, and she decided it was her time to become an official Pokémon trainer. Her foster parents allowed her to leave, and funded her journey to Littleroot Town in order to visit Professor Birch and begin her journey.

Starter Pokémon: Charmander

Also, I noticed you said in the OOC to make your own trainer cards. I made one, but it doesn't have the wins/losses, etc. It wouldn't be much trouble for me to edit it.

Okay...and the site won't let me post the image, because I haven't made 15 posts. Irritating.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2009
    [OOC: Do we actually meet up with the other Rp'ers?]

Snoe left the PokeCentre early the next day, it seemed May had gone ahead of him..
    I need to figure out some sort of training for Cyndaquil.. strange that his fire doesn't come out very strongly, and in all the time we've been toghether I've never seen it spurt fire from its back.. Hm..
    He glanced uncertainly down at the sleeping pokemon in his bag, It sleeps a lot too..
    Maybe Proff. Birch would know.
    With a wave to Nurse Joy-Anne he was off.

As he reached the pokemon Centre.. he was met with a relatively large crowd.
    Oh right, today is the day they all get their first pokemon.
    He saw May talking to Prof. Birch and many others awaiting the Proffessors attention..
    I suppose we should just wait till they're gone..? He scratched Cyndaquils head softly.
    Someone tapped him on the shoulder, he jumped slightly, startled.
    A tall slim woman stood behind him. From her lab suit, glasses and seemingly intelectual expression, he guessed it was an aide. "Hi there Snoe! Haven't seen you in ages!"
    Snoe blinked, how did this person know him?
    "Oh, you don't remember. Back when your mother used to visit Prof. Birch to compare research notes and such, I used to work with her too. Her research on the ice pokemon was pretty incredible," she looked towards Snoe. "Are you here for your starter pokemon today?"
    "Oh, no I was just hoping to ask Prof. Birch a few questions.. Mostly about how I should go about being a trainer and improving at battles.. But I was also wondering about my pokemons 'fire'.. " The Aides eyes widenned. "Its a Cynda-"
    "Quiiill" mewled a sleepy Cyndaquil as it stumbled out of his bag.
    "Oh my" she said, leaning towards the Cyndaquil and peering at it through her glasses. She turned towards Snoe, "Uhm, may I?"
    Snoe took a second to realise she wanted to hold Cyndaquil. "I don't know, it's up to him.. He hates my mother.."

The aide smiled and pulled off her white gloves, revealling slightly tanned hands with red patches. Snoe looked at them curiously.
    "Oh, I specialise in researching Fire pokemon.. Especially the pokemon chosen to be the standard starter pokemon for trainers." She reached down and lifted up the still sleepy Cyndaquil. It blinked and turned its head slightly, as if looking curiously at her.
    Her hand rubbed its back. "Hmm, no heat. No fire.." She turned it side to side, examining it. "It seems very sleepy, most young Cyndaquil are quite playful and jumpy.."
    "Yeah.. Since I found it, its been like that.." Snoe spoke slowly.
    "Two.. are these scar lines?" She said, running her finger along each of the bluish lines on either side of it back.
    "I'm not sure.. I found it with its mother in the snow.. its mother died.."
    The aide leaned in towards the Cyndaquil, squinting at the 'scarlines'..
    "It's possible.." she turned to Snoe again. "Around what time of year was it..?"
    "Halfway through the winter?" He replied, unsure of where she was going with this.
    "Ah.. I'm not an expert like your mother, but Absols breed through the winter. Mating season begins at the start of the season, the newly born Absols have very weak skin and very frail fur. So the Absol cubs should be born after the end of the Winter. Its possible that an Absol did this." She said, motioning towards the lines. "The Ice type attacks they use could explain the discolouration of the scar tissue. If there is still some excess energy inside, it could also explain the lack of fire and weakness in muscle tissue."
    "Not sure I understand.." Snoe said, even more confused.
    "Follow me.." The aide said and began walking towards the lab. "The Ice effect of an attack, for example, 'Ice Claw' in trainer terms. Creates a chilling effect, not just a simple 'Claw' attack. Still with me?"
    "Ahuh.." Snoe replied, keeping up with her pace and explanation.
    "If the two slashes across Cyndaquils back healed while remnants of the 'Ice' were inside, it's possible that they're still there."
    "Wouldn't it have melted by now?" Snoe asked.
    They were almost to the lab. "Possibly not. Pokemons create different elements to the ones we find in nature. Fire burns hotter, Rock is tougher, and Ice doesn't melt as fast, sometimes not at all. The element is manipulated by the pokemon itself, therefore it is not a direct part of nature."
    "So.. there could be two peices of pokemon Ice inside Cyndaquils back?"
    "Possibly, seeing as Cyndaquil hates your mother, its unlikely that she managed to examine it, and simply passed it off as okay, seeing as it wasn't noticeably sick. The twin bits of Ice are probably messing with Cyndaquils ability to create Fire from its back, which in turn is probably affecting the Fire from its mouth.." She openned the side door to the lab. "Since heat is also essentially energy, especially for a Fire pokemon. The Ice is probably having a negative effect on the muscles throughout its body. Reducing its stamina, balance and making it sleepy."
    "So what are we going to do..?"
    "Well, not many Fire pokemon decide to live in the snow unless they're forced to. But when they do, the parent usually uses its Fire to melt any sort of Ice type wound. But you say its mother died... We need a young Fire pokemon for your Cyndaquil to trust to melt the Ice."
    Snoe was slightly worried, this sounded.. well, serious. "You have one of those.. right?"
    "Actually I do." she said, pulling out a pokeball.
    A sudden red flash revealed a two- tailed charmander in front of her.
    "This is Charcoal. I've had him for.. Fifteen years and he hasn't evolved, I'm assuming it has something to do with his two tails, but either way he's still in his first form. It should work."
    "Should..?" Snoe was getting even more worried.
    "Basic training tells us that Fire vs Fire is no good. The stronger Fire wins, but in most cases in a Fire vs Fire pokemon battle, your pokemon is going to have to rely on other movetypes because same type vs same type attacks are generally inneffective."
    "Should..?" Snoe asked again..
    "Your Cyndaquil has had that ice for a pretty long time, its possible that he may be vulnerable to fire. Also, the sudden release of dormant fire could provoke.. well. I don't know, it would be similar to a Fire stones energy being released."
    The Aide handed him Cyndaquil.. "Think about it though, a Fire pokemon is meant to have Fire.. But I understand if you're worried."
    Snoe looked at Cyndaquil and murmured to him.. "Sometimes you understand me.. tell me what you want... Fire or no Fire..?"
    Cyndaquil blinked and yawned sleepily. Snoe kept staring at him, hoping for an answer. "QUIILL" it yelped and unleashed some sparks into the air.
    "Fire.."

A smile crept across the Aides face. "Well, just in case your wondering, my names Fia."
    Snoe turned towards her, "Fire?"
    She laughed, "Everyone says that, no, its F-Eye-Ah, Fia."
    Snoe held Cyndaquil close in one hand so he could reach forwards and sbake her hand.. "Thank you Fia.." He gently gave her Cyndaquil.
    He carried the drowsy pokemon to a strange cylindrical glass column. She openned a small hole in it, and placed the Cyndaquil inside.
    "In you go Charcoal," she said and the two tailed Charmander walked in.
    Snoe looked at the strange structure as she closed it.
    "I built it to test the effects of Fire pokemons Fire on itself. Apparently, you can't be burnt by your own Fire." She sealed it.
    "There are vents leading to the roof, there are two chimneys in this building if you look. Just so you know they can breathe." She told him, she was trying to assure him.
    "Are you ready..?" She asked him cautiously.
    Snoe watched as Cyndaquil sniffed one of the Charmanders tails, then blew some sparks at the edge of the cylinder.. Still trying to blow fire.
    "Yea, he is."
    [Time for me to sleep- Epic conclusion tomorrow! OH SNAP]

[OOC: Geez, I pretty much OWN the second page... Pokemon RP spree.. don't worry, i'll calm down eventually. I think.

Also, I'm wondering if we HAVE to catch a second pokemon.. I was always into leveling up one pokemon continuously to make it epicuberpwnsupermegaultraoptimusprime. So yeah.. If I do have to catch one I'll just shove it in the PC or release it -with some sort of storyline to go with that-]

"Fire Spin Charcoal, go!" Fia spoke, though her voice was full of adrenaline.
    Snoe stepped forward gasping as the whole interior of the cylinder became covered in raging fire..
    "Hold that level Charcoal.." She glanced at Snoes shocked face. "Don't worry, the average Cyndaquil can resist a temperature of around 1400 Degrees F with a core body temp of around 500 Degrees F. Its outwards Fire temp should be a little over that. Charcoal can resist up to 4000 Degrees F from other Fire and your Cyndaquil seems quite resilient itself."
    Snoe nodded, slightly relieved and amazed at the temperatures of Fire pokemon and Fias knowledge.
    "I'm going to increase the temperature to 700 Degrees F.. The aim is to keep pushing until the Cyndaquils fire is released, which should send the temperature up a lot, before returning to a bit over the checkpointed temperature. Understand?"
    Snoe nodded again.
    "Charcoal, turn it up." Snoe watched the readings on a nearby computer go up.
    Fia studied the wavering bars... "Its not enough, I think we'll need at least 1000. Absol Ice gets quite cold. Especially if its an angry male.. You okay..?"
    Snoe glanced at the glass again. "Is Cyndaquil okay?"
    Fia checked the computer monitor. "The readings show three different levels of temperature. If Cyndaquil was being weakened or hurt, his temp level would be leaning towards the temperature of the Fire Charcoal is creating."
    "Okay.." Snoe stared into the fire, hoping.
    "Charcoal, take it up to 1200 Degrees."
    The Fire grew brighter.. "Come on Cyndaquil" Snoe murmured into the glass..
    Fia was studying the bars again.. "Nothing but the increase in Fire temperature."
    "Come on.." Snoe whispered.. Cyndaquil couldn't be cold anymore.. "Come on.."
    "Take it up to 1500 Charcoal.."
    The Fire grew brighter still until it suddenly went white.
    "Thats it! Stop now!" Yelled Fia over the roar of the fire.. "It's over 4000 Degrees take it down!" Suddenly the fire was gone, inside the cylinder were two pokemon.. Snoe and Fia exhaled, then gasped..
    Inside, were Charcoal and..

Quilava..

Last edited:
    Years
    Epsil: Great job! You finished Chapter 1.But, sadly, you haven't finished Chapter 2. In this chapter, you have a choice of saving an old lady's Skitty up in a tree, Catch a Pokemon in route 101 (Zigzagoon, Poochyena or Wurmple) or battle a random trainer like a Bug catcher, School Girl, etc.
    P.S You gained these items from Chapter 1!
    1 Cyndaquil
    1 Town Map
    1 Pokedex
    1 Potion
    5x Poke Balls

Asrai: More on Personality please.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2009
    Seriously? It isn't even part of the original application. But okay, whatever.
    Personality: Due to being brought up in foster care, it takes Shannon a long time to let anyone in. Alone, and around her current family she is usually calm and care free, occasionally even happy. Around anyone else, however, her demeanour changes instantly. She becomes irritable, abrasive and quick to anger. The girl absolutely despises stupidity and ignorance because she is the complete opposite. Though at first glance, she may not look it, Shannon is calculating, intelligent and independent. Skilled in thinking things through at an alarming speed, often leads people to believe she acts more on impulse than anything. Though deep inside, Shannon is a loving, caring individual; her tough exterior is as hard as steel and just as cold, leaving her with severe trust and commitment issues. She seldom cares about others, believing that it is only yourself you can count on.

Last edited:

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    Lilly was walking through route 101, heading to Odale town... She had done a few things recently, such as save a Skitty from a tree.

Flashback
    "Oh! Some one! Help me!" A frail voice shouted.
    Lilly came rushing over to find out what was the matter.
    "It's my Skitty, she was chased up a tree by one of those vicious Poochyena, now she refuses to come down!"
    "Hmm, well, I can try to help, Angel, come on girl!"
    Angel squeaked her usal "Hoppip" and then Lilly asked her to fly up the tree, and try and persuade Skitty to come down, unfortunatley the cat just hissed, and scratched poor Hoppip, knocking her from the tree!
    "Oh deary me, I'm very sorry!" The lady apologized,
    "Oh dont worry, I'll go get your Skitty though!"
    At that Lilly climbed the tree, it took a while, Skitty just wouldnt come down!
    After sustaining minor cuts from the claws, Lilly finally got her down
    "Thank you deary!" The old lady replied, before hobbling off to Odale

(OOC: Sorry I have taken SO LONG to carry on with this!)

Lilly was walking through the tall grass at the time when she was remembering it, and then felt herself being covered in string by a Wurmple!
    "Go! Angel!" She shouted, just barley being able to reach the pokeball and drop it to the floor, Lilly then realised this was the same Wurmple that chased the proffesor! Eep! I guess it holds a grudge?' "Angel Tackle it!" Lilly shouted as she failed to break the string, 'This must be one storng Pokemon! I cant break from the string, and the Tackle looked like it did nothing!' Angel then squealed as she was thrown backwards by a powerful poison sting, she had a purpleish tint outlining her body, Lilly guessed she'd be poisoned, Angel winced as the poison coursed through her...

'Oh no! Angel! You can do it!' A struggling Lilly thought as she saw Angel being thrashed by the abnormally strong Wurmple, she was still srapped tight in the string. "Angel! Finish it! Tackle!" Lilly screamed as she broke free of the rope like string in pure anger, Angel was also very angry, and the tackle she delivered nearly finished the Worm, Lilly wasnt taking anymore chances, and threw a pokeball, she was worried it would bash it away, then Angel would be KOed, and Lilly would be tied up again! Lucky for her though, Wurmple was sucked inside the ball, '1... 2... 3... 4... 5...' Lilly counted the number of times the ball shook, then finally... DING! Lilly had caught her first pokemon! She quickly returned Angel, and attacked both balls to her bag, she then walked to Odale.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2018
    Name: Adrian "Archie Jr."

Appearance: Adrian is 5 ft 6, Aged: ???, Blue bandana tilted across left eye, Blue Uniform, Black shoes, Normal

History: There is little known about Adrian. Adrian/Archie Jr. was the son of Archie and after Archies death he was sent to be the next team aqua boss but he never liked being a bad boss and didnt like the way that grunts would steal from unsuspecting trainers and he was allways locked inside. One Friday he woke and and noticed one of the pokemon that a grunt had stole was a very visious untrained Blastoise and it was using powerfull water attacks to burst a hole in the wall once it had finished Adrian tried to escape and try living the life of a normal boy but he finds out being normal isnt allways easy Continue ... Adrian woke up after along time and fount himself on a ship to Hoenn and some how ended up on a ship reck on the side border of littleroot town, it was time for him to start his true journey

Starter Pokemon: Totodile

Years
    Adrian: Problem. In your history, you said Archie died ,but in this RPG, he is alive. And you can't be Team Aqua's leader. Just rearrange your history and I'll accept you.

Everyone: As I see, all of you are doing splendid! But, some of you are falling behind! Please, if you need to post a chapter, try doing it as fast as you can. I would like to hear all your posts as soon as possible! Thx!
    +Poochyena+

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2009
    "Quilll" The Quilava purred.
    "Incredible.." Fia murmured as she openned the seal and gently lifted her exhausted and slightly burnt Charcoal from it.. "You did good Charcoal.." she said softly, stroking its head.
    "Is that.. you?" Snoe said softly, hesitantly reaching out to the Quilava.
    "Quuiiill!" It sounded exactly the same..
    He picked it up and held it close.. "You're okay!"
    "Quiiilll" it slinked up onto his head and released fire from its head, back and mouth.
    "Fire.." Snoe murmured in awe..
    A flash of red behind him caught his attention as Fia returned her Charmander to its pokeball.
    "It evolved..." he heard her murmur while typing at the keyboard at an incrdible speed.
    TAP! and she stopped. The bars on the screen lowered and raised, wavering, and then stopped. She beckonned Snoe over. "These first three bars.." she said, pointing at a red, an orange and a yellow bar on the screen, "indicate the flare-ups of temperature inside the chamber."
    Her finger slid to the readings beneath each of them. "Over ten thousand degrees in the first flare up.. enough to slightly burn my Charcoal.. Over eight thousand in the second flare up.."her finger slid across to each reading. "Over five thousand.. and then it maintains a steady heat of three thousand before going out."
    "Qui-Quill," Quilava leaned in towards the screen curiously.
    "Even for a flame release, ten thousand is the temperature Charizards manage to generate. Your pokemon has some serious Fire." Fia laughed breathily.
    "Quil.." murmured Snoe. "Quil."
    Fia looked at him quizzically
    ~OOC: I THINK THATS A WORD?~
    "Are you planning on giving him a name..?"
    "Maybe.. Quil is the only thing that hasn't changed." Snoe smiled slightly.
    Fia smiled, "It's a good name. Lets go outside for a second, lets see how his control is."

"Quil!" Snoe felt somehow more confident using the name, he wondered how his pokemon would do against Fias Combusken.
    Start with something basic.. He thought.
    "Quick attack!" Amazingly, Quilava understood him. He dashed forwards, jump zig-zagging towards his enemy.. his body blurred before the last leap..
    "Dodge and double kick!" Called out Fia, grinning with adrenaline.
    At the last moment the Comusken twisted and slammed its foot out into the speeding Quilava, however he only caught his back leg, and as he twisted and kicked to complete the move, Quilava had curled in the air and then landed on the grass.
    "Nice speed for a pokemon that just learnt to balance!" said Fia.
    Let's try something else.. something with Fire.
    "Quil! Ember!" Quil sucked in a breath of air and unleashed a thin stream of Fire at the Combusken. Combusken didn't dodge.. The fire ran over it harmlessly.
    "You'll have to be a bit hotter than that Snoe, me and my pokemon are used to the Fire, we know when it's not powerful enough." Fia giggled, "I haven't had so much fun in ages.. Combusken, flamethrower!"
    A huge stream of roaring fire burst towards Quil.
    Have to dodge..
    "Dodge it Quil! Then quick attack again!" The Quilava leapt to the side and curled into a roll, and ended up in a crouch; ready to spring. Suddenly its body seemed to vanish as it pushed itself forward at an incredible speed.
    Snoe barely missed it hitting the Combusken and only fully realised where it was as it slowed down in the air above it. The Combusken stumbled backwards.
    "Quick attack again!" called Snoe. Quil landed on a tree branch and rushed down the side of the tree before pushing off it towards Combusken.
    "That won't work twice... Dodge it Combusken! Then flamethrower again!" The Combusken leapt backwards and unleashed a torrent of fire into Quilava, the force of the flame threw it backwards into a tumbling roll on the grass.
    Snoe bit his lip, "are you okay Quil?"
    "Quil!" It replied and Fire burst from its head and back.
    Lets give Fire another go.. But we need a physical attack too, just in case.
    "Quilava! Flame Wheel!" yelled Snoe.. Quil darted forwards before springing into a low jump near Combusken. Mid-air it curled and an intense Fire burst from its back as it turned into a speeding roll.. A flame wheel. The blazing ball of fire sped towards Combusken..
    ..And then fizzled out.
    Fia noticed too quickly, "Combusken, block it and counter with flame kick!"
    The firey bird blocked the rolling flameless Quilava with one foot. "Com-"
    Twisted, pulling Quilava towards it and at the same time bringing the other foot upwards. "Bus-"
    There was a burst of Fire as he kicked the Quilava. "KEN!"
    Quilava soared through the air towards the ground to the left of Snoe. He leapt.
    And caught him.
    A slow clap announced Prof. Birch behind them.. "Well done! Well done indeed!" He exlaimed chuckling..

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2009
    [OOC: Sorry it's kinda long. Got a bit carried away. XD]

Shannon awoke with a start as a knock sounded from the door. She blinked and took in her surroundings as she slowly reminded herself where she was. The room was simple, decorated with neutral tones and was rather minimalistic; she found herself lying on a simple wooden framed bed with white linen. After spending most of the day before travelling, Shannon had taken refuge at the Pokémon Center in Oldale Town.

She had asked Nurse Joy to wake her up early, for her to make her way east into Littleroot Town in order to begin her Pokémon journey. It felt odd, being on the road, she had become rather used to the lavish classrooms and structure of the Rustboro Academy. Shannon had considered beginning this journal before, back when she had lived in Johto, but she was forced to move on to her next family. She found it took her a while to adjust to living in Hoenn, but she adjusted. She always would.

Pulling herself out of bed, she swiftly made her way to the bathroom to wash, before getting dressed. It wasn't long before she was ready to go; she gave Nurse Joy her thanks and double checked that she had everything she needed before making her leave.

Professor Birch had done the occasional talk at the Academy, so, Shannon had met him once before; but that was only a brief "Hello," since she was never much of a conversationalist.

Compared to the distance from Rustboro to Oldale, the short trip to Littleroot felt like seconds. Shannon smiled – something she rarely did – at a flock of passing Tailow and was in high spirits. The wooden sign signalling her destination peered from around a corner; Shannon was seconds from crossing over into the town when something caught her ankle.

Her leg buckled, and with a low grunt Shannon stumbled to the floor. She turned to face what had grasped her and her eyes fell upon a set of familiar red and amber orbs. A Poochyena tugged violently on her trouser leg, before releasing its grip and letting out a loud bark.

Without hesitation, Shannon twisted her torso, whipping her other foot around to meet the Poochyena's face. It whimpered as the shoe made contact and cowered back slightly, before baring its teeth, a low rumble in its chest.

"What the Hell is wrong with you?!" Shannon barked at it as she began to stand.

She was barely sitting by the time another Poochyena appeared from the grass and launched itself at her. It was intercepted mid-leap by a strong jet of water, sending it violently to the ground.

Shannon spun her head around to follow where the water had come from to find a Spheal, standing at the ready in front of a young boy.

"Hey there, name's Brendan. Looks like you could use some help." He chuckled, offering his hand to her.

The gesture was not taken kindly as Shannon glared at him, and batted his hand away; getting to her feet on her own. "Thanks." She muttered.

Soon, both Poochyena were advancing on them, but Brendan didn't appear worried. "Okay, Spheal." He said happily as he turned to face the attacking Pokémon. "Powder Snow!" he commanded.

Spheal quickly hopped into action and took a deep breath. Opening its mouth wide, it released the breath in a gust of icy spray. Soon the ice gathered together to form snow, and wasted no time in battering the two Poochyena.

The latter Poochyena, that had been on the receiving end of Spheal's Water Gun effected the most, and collapsed from the cold. But the original attacker was still fighting fit, seemingly unfazed by the Ice attack.

"PoochyENAAA!" it unleashed a high pitched Howl that echoed around them. With its attack power raised, it definitely looked more intimidating; and started towards Spheal at an alarming speed. It collided with the seal-like Pokémon with a powerful Tackle, sending it back into a nearby tree.

The tree shook violently, and an incredibly angry Wurmple fell. It bounced as it hit the grass and fired off a String Shot at Spheal.

Brendan frowned, "This is bad." He muttered as he turned to Shannon. "I don't think Spheal can hold out much longer…" he choked out as the Wurmple tackled his Pokémon, who was definitely looking in a bad shape. And Poochyena was on the advance once again.

"Return it." Shannon said simply.

"Spheal's got more fight in it than you think…but you're right, it can't do this alone." Brendan said, "Oh, wait! I have one of Dad's Pokémon." Brendan commented as he reached back into his bag pocket and plucked out a Poké Ball. "Do you know how to battle?" he asked, looking to Shannon.

She seemed taken aback, irritated with all of these questions. Under normal circumstances, she would have walked away; but the guy did save her. All she could manage was a short, "Yeah."

Brendan nodded and offered her the Poké Ball. "Take it, and help me out! I'm sure Dad won't mind you using it!" and with that, he kicked off into a run towards Spheal and the attacking Pokémon.

Shannon had been top of her class in Battle Theory at the Academy, but…theory was one thing. Would she really be able to correctly command a Pokémon in an actual battle? She didn't have the time to dwell on the subject and quickly threw the mystery Pokémon into the fray.

A bright beam of light escaped from the Poké Ball, and soon dissipated to reveal a small, reptilian Pokémon. "A Charmander?" Shannon murmured. She was not expecting that.

"Char!" it chirruped happily.

Shannon arched a brow, and pointed out towards the battle."Quick, get in there and use Ember!" she told it, knowing that it was a common attack amongst low level Charmanders.

It nodded and coughed out a sharp breath, and along with it a cloud of smouldering embers blasted out towards their opponents. The fiery embers made quick work of the Wurmple, which collapsed almost instantly. Poochyena's defeat was not long after, as the combination of Power Snow and Ember was formidable enough.

"Wow, that was great!" Brendan exclaimed, holding up his hand for a high-five with a wide grin plastered on his face.

Shannon ignored him, and he seemed rather defeated. She smirked, ever so slightly as she looked at the Charmander.

"Your affinity with that Pokémon was amazing. And you sure looked like you knew what you were doing! How come you didn't have your own Pokémon?" Brendan asked.

It took a while for Shannon to reply, but after being persuaded to come back to Littleroot Town with Brendan, she eventually spoke. "I'm actually on my way to meet Professor Birch, for a Pokémon." She said.

"Really? What a coincidence! That's my Dad!" Brendan chuckled, "You know, I'm sure he wouldn't mind you having Charmander."

"You think?" Shannon asked slowly.

It didn't take them long to find the lab in the small town, and the fact that it was Brendan's hometown made it a lot simpler. Luckily, Professor Birch wasn't out on field research, as Brendan explained he often did. Brendan took the liberty of explaining the entire event to his father, not sparing any details. Though Shannon was certain he added a few, here and there.

"It seems like you two had a rather interesting meeting!" he said.

It looked as though he was barely paying attention to them, as he rummaged through some paperwork. It appeared as though he was looking for something. "So, you've come here for a Pokémon?" he asked Shannon.

She was about to reply before Brendan nodded and answered for her, "That's right. But, you should have seen her with your Charmander! I think you should let that be her Pokémon."

"Charmander? Hmm, I don't see why not." Birch confirmed.

"But-" Shannon began, but was interrupted as Brendan excitedly continued.

"Aw, this is gonna be awesome! I can't wait to see how strong it gets; I've never seen a Charizard up close. How cool would that be, if it becomes one?" he asked her.

"I-" she was trying to protest. As interesting as the Charmander was, Shannon knew all too well that the first Gym was the one in Rustboro City, which meant Rock and Ground-type Pokémon. Not exactly a Fire-type's best friend. She would have much rather been given the option to choose.

"Then it's settled!" Birch exclaimed. "Well, that was handy, I was still waiting for the new starter Pokémon to arrived from the Day Care Center, anyway." He chuckled, and Shannon could tell who Brendan took after.

"I didn't catch your name, by the way?" Birch commented.

"Shannon." She said.

Years
    OMG! I didn't think Shannon was a girl! Sorry! Here's your NEW Trainer Card!
    The Hoenn Journey

Talk about a tough girl! I like this Shannon girl! You have obtained:
    1 Charmander
    1 Town Map
    1 Pokedex
    1 Potion
    5x Poke Balls

Epsil: Great job too! You have obtained:
    1 Cyndaquil
    1 Town Map
    1 Pokedex
    1 Potion
    5x Poke Balls

Now guys, in Chapter 2, you have 3 choices:
    A. Save an old Lady's form up in a tree.
    B. Capture ONE Pokemon on Route 101.
    C. Battle a random trainer (Bug Catcher, etc).
    You may do more than one of these choices if you wish but you must include at least one in your Chapter 2!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back