• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The idea of a live action movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainerMao

Meow Meow
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2010
    So, I found a video for a possibly leaked live action movie on Shogungamer, but because I haven't posted more than 15 times I can't link it. Thought I'd just let everyone know.

Here's the link to the "possible, yet not really" live action movie: [link]

Keep in mind that this is more than likely fake if anything, but feel free to discuss the contents within the video and the possibility of "What if a live-action Pokémon movie was made?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I believe this link was what you meant to post: https://shogungamer.com/news/live-action-gritty-pokemon-movie-trailer-leaked-shogun-gamer-exclusive

Now, unlike most people. I'm not going to take a stand on this. But, I will try to analyze all evidence seeing this as fake or real.

For this being real:
    • Audience was audible
    • Animations do sort of look a bit efforted.
    • Possibility of age range expansion did exist for a while

For this thing being fake:
    • Even if age range expansion was considered, it does seem too extreme and dramatic
    • Pokemon things aren't usually this secretive. And why would it be shown to a random group of people? This isn't a normal strategy.
    • Guns? This is Pokemon. What are you trying to accomplish by attracting your current intended age range with your logo to something that mature?

Even though I don't have a stand on the legitimacy of this, I will say that it does look pretty cool.

shot571

Ok if this is real I have a real bad feeling itll turn out to be like the dragonball movie (A fail) I hope not though

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    If it turns out like that, the fandom is powerful enough to pretend it never existed.

Years
    I don't know why but I really want this to be true... But I doubt it'll be released in English, that it would be more like, for comparison, the Death Note movies, just English subtitles when released in Britain/America.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    It doesn't even look like there are Japanese people in it to begin with... :/

I think it's fake honestly, the costumes and stuff just look too meh to be real. And this is Pokemon, they're huge. If they wanted to make a live action movie, they could probably make it look GOOD, couldn't they? :/ Better than the CG and stuff in this video at least. Ash looks so old. O_o

But, if it was real, I would so see it. xD Just to see what it'd be like.

Jamestotallyisn'tdoingitforme.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I doubt the movie clip is real. If it was, it would feel out of place because it's difficult to integrate the computer-generated Pokemon in real life.

Years
    I doubt there is really a live-action movie come out. Something like that would be far more publicised than just a relatively unknown video on the web. But if they did make one I'd go and see it (although I'd prefer it if they had good characters instead of the anime characters ie. Ash, Misty).

stargate1995

Mr. Flying Pickle Monster
    Years
    Honestly after seeing this trailer I just can't see it being real, it just looks to horrible,the pokemon look awkward like there been bashed by three year olds and guns they banned a pokemon episode for including guns a whole movie is much worse(live action to me also seems worse for guns etc then anime)

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    I really hope this is fake, the CGI is so crappy beyond words, I was expecting the Black and White Master Document this morning, not this crap.....

I've been hearing a lot of people saying that they wanted to make this film before anyone else.....

zapdosa

GG
    Years
    If this is real it will absolutely 100% KILL the Pokemon Franchise.

The trailer alone shows how much of a fail this movie will be. The Pokemon look like they were taken out of PBR and the characters, especially the person who is obviously portraying Ash, look like complete trash.

Their wardrobe is laughable, the special effects are horrible, and the fact that there are actual guns in this is just outrageous.

Pokemon and guns do not mix and it never will.

If this is real than Pokemon will lose a mass number of their fan base and ultimately their whole Franchise as a whole will be tarnished.

If this is fake, which I am 100% hoping for, The Pokemon Company needs to take it off of Youtube as soon as possible.

Guys be realistic here. Mortal Kombat, Dragonball, Street Fighter, Last Airbender were all complete and utter fails to say the least.

Pokemon will be destroyed if they follow this path.

Assault

Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter
    Years
    Did that guy just try to shoot a pokemon? I think I might be sick.
    They can't put guns and pokemon together, that just completely ruins the whole idea of pokemon. If that is a real film, it has way to much flashing. I couldn't understand the most-part of the trailer due to the amount of flashing.
    Definitely a stupid idea and if it really exists, it will fail.

austin00081

young money
    Years
    Not to mention the use of Voltorb as a car bomb, and Mewtwo telepathically forcing Jesse hold a gun to her head, and the death of prof Oak at the end.
    If this is real, and they are trying to appeal to the general public with violence, theyre doing it wrong. The only violence the Pokemon series should ever see, it would be intense Pokemon battles. Granted the anime has shown guns, but they were never fired.

The producers need to re-write the script, hire a better cast, and get Pixar on board!

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    I can't see this being real either. The only logical explanation would be a college fan film or something to that effect.

Personally, I would love to see an animated movie based on the manga for a change, but I can't see that happening in the near future, either.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    Please please please let it be fake. The CGI looks... Underwhelming. There should be no guns in Pokemon! (Yes I know there was a banned episode)
    In saying that though, if this is just some fan made film by a bunch of students then I suppose I'll watch it. :)
    If it's a real movie that will be appearing in theatres then I see it being another Dragonball: Evolution and they should just not bother releasing it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back