• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The ideal sleep

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    *I need my head elevated by at least two pillows.
    *I need to be covered up. Even when it's hot outside, in which case I'll have a fan blowing directly on me.
    *I sleep on my side. Usually the right side.
    *I need to have some sort of music going in the background to fall asleep effectively.
    *I get my deepest sleep after taking my allergy medication.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I need to be the right temperature if I am ever going to sleep good. I hate waking up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat. Then it's too cold when I have the blankets off of me, so I just end up looking like a moron half-covered up my blanket. It helps too, the quieter/darker it is. Although sometimes I need noise to distract me from the task of trying to sleep so that I actually can get to sleep. I sleep with my door closed so randoms can't just barge in on me while I'm sleeping. Oh, and I have to have both of my pillows to go to sleep comfortably ;3 OH! But most of all.. having someone to cuddle with while I'm sleeping helps... A LOT!
    That aside... I've fallen asleep in quite the opposite, on a cold, hrdwood/tile floors with a poor excuse for a blanket and my sweater as a pillow. Can't say I enjoyed sleeping there, but whenever I do, it is because I'm too tired/intoxicated/it's too late for me to be stumbling home. Because I'm usually so tired/inebriated in these situations, sleep comes to me fast and is EXTREMELY relaxing, despite how uncomfortably horrible it is.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I need no noise. Or... at least constant noise. I can sleep through rain, for example, but if it starts or stops then I'm up.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    I use only one pillow and I like to sleep in totally darkness. At winters I close my window if I'm not lazy at the moment but at summer I open it always because fresh air is always good. I can sleep even it's raining outside and I can even stand noises coming from outside but I like to sleep when there isn't any noises. I sleep only 7-5 hours and that's pretty small time.

Years
    The perfect sleep is a night where it's just cold enough to put on all my quilts, including my heated blanket. The heated blanket is so awesome. It's so toasty warm in the wintertime. I need at least one quilt over me to sleep comfortably, and the more weight on me, the better. I can't be too hot or too cold. I also need exactly two pillows, one on top of the other. Any more's too excessive, and my head's not propped up enough if it's just one.

When going to sleep, I shift around. My preferred position is my left side, although I'll move to my right and onto my stomach. Then I wake up on my back...

My room tends to be dark with my door closed, although I can still sleep if the light's on and/or the door is open. If I'm really tired, I'll sleep under any conditions.

The most important thing, though, is that I have to use the bathroom before I go to sleep. I must. Even if I don't need to, I need the peace of mind. Cannot get to sleep properly until I do. hahaha tmi probably D:

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I don't know why, but I always use like, four or five pillows. I don't necessarily lay on ALL of them in one massive pile, but having them there, spread out a bit, just feels the most comfortable. I also have to toss and turn to be comfortable. xD That may sound weird, but when I lay in one position to long it starts to bug me, so I have to turn around. A lot of times, I just keep turning and turning and turning until I fall asleep. :P

And the single most important thing for me, is that I HAVE to have my mp3 player with me. I ALWAYS listen to music when I go to bed. When it is dead when I go to bed, I stay up until it is charged enough for me to nod off. If I can't find it, I will search for hours before I either find it or give up and try to go to sleep. I don't like the complete and utter silence, as it creeps me out, so having music going REALLY helps with that.

Back