• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    hey this is the best hack i have seen so far, hope you release a beta soon, keep at it. xD

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    I hope this hack has some nice sidequests and a lot of gameplay. :3
    BTW, I love the hero overworld; it's plain awesomeness!

Years
    Is this a hack of firered or ruby?

Anyway, there are a few tile errors, and the storyline is pretty outrageous - a piece of thread which wanders around the region? I mean seriously wtf.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    Is this a hack of firered or ruby?

Anyway, there are a few tile errors, and the storyline is pretty outrageous - a piece of thread which wanders around the region? I mean seriously wtf.

Dude, that's the best part about the hack.

Also, I love the overused Kyledove tiles, the natural mapping, the 347979 regions, the 4289729 gyms, and that you get to play as Harry Potter or Britney Spears. :3

This is such an epic hack!

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    Hey don't derail natural mapping with the use of sarcasm. >:
    But This hack has a long way to go. You might have been working on it for a long time, but you still repeat the same basic mistakes.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    I'm not derailing natural mapping. I'm simply highlighting what I like about the hack. :3
    Oh, and I'd love to join your hacking team as a spriter. Could I? Please?

BTW, that last map you posted looks really square and ugly. I think you should remap it. :3

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 4, 2017
    Children please, I do believe that this hack, overall, deserves "hack of the century ^ 23"
    But there is a small error in the second town, where the sign beside the mart says "Thhe Pokémart! You can buy items here!"
    Overall thought, It was so beautiful that they should of brought a poet.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    I LOVE this hack. Like I hope we get to ride the thread in the climax! Please release that part! I would love it. The last town looks crazy bad!

I think it's funny how the mods stopped posting after it got moved

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
    Why is there so much hype about this hack? It been in the Showcase for less than a day and alreday has over 4000 comments - That's more than Light Platinum for Christ's sake!

I can't really fault the story of a brave thread who is constantly demoralised by it's peers and moved in an effort to get rid of it as it is pretty stock-standard. Unfortunately, unless the OP has a major plot-twist coming, I really don't see it advancing from it's current path of mediocrity.

Pokepal17 said:
    BTW, that last map you posted looks really square and ugly. I think you should remap it. :3

Seriously? You criticise it's squareness, but don't mention how shallow and empty it is?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    Why is there so much hype about this hack? It been in the Showcase for less than a day and alreday has over 4000 comments - That's more than Light Platinum for Christ's sake!

I can't really fault the story of a brave thread who is constantly demoralised by it's peers and moved in an effort to get rid of it as it is pretty stock-standard. Unfortunately, unless the OP has a major plot-twist coming, I really don't see it advancing from it's current path of mediocrity.

Seriously? You criticise it's squareness, but don't mention how shallow and empty it is?

But the shallowness and emptiness adds the touch of despair it needs. :3

Oh, btw, I played the demo, and I found a glitch. When I tried to talk to the professor, they spoke with a woman's text color. But that professor is certainly a dude as no woman would have as hair grey as he does...

Apart from that, the game's awesome.

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
    Years
    and so they throw it in a topic I know little to nothing about, well I guess it could be said that I love Pokemon Brown and I wish there were more quality Blue/Red Hacks

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Eew... Why is this thread here!? D:

Anyway, I've played many hacks before, but, somehow at some point, I get bored... Even for my own hack...
    I tend to just create than play a hack, though... :\
    But there are exceptions. :P

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Has anyone here ever heard of a hack called Pokemon White? I've heard of it in another thread, but I don't know much about it. What's it about? :\

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

Why is there so much hype about this hack? It been in the Showcase for less than a day and alreday has over 4000 comments - That's more than Light Platinum!

It took me a few post reads until I figured out you people were joking...I think. ;_; I was like "How the eff does a hack get 4000 in one day?!" :cer_laugh:

Eew... Why is this thread here!? D:

Hey! Everyone gets their chance to host their own hack thread! Even if it's over a year old with hardly any progress and has somehow amassed 4000 posts of fervor!

Seriously, it would be hilarious if someone actually made a hack about a literal wandering piece of thread struggling against nearly-insurmountable odds. XD

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
    I've look a bit deeper into this hack and I'm (quite frankly) amazed at the creator's ASM skills. They seem to have created a fully functioning 'follow me' routine as there are dozens of NPCs following this thread and posting in it.

I'm seriously impressed.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    I found another bug.
    When you try and use fly, you end up using surf instead. :3
    Oh, and I love the easter egg with the toilet and the strawberries.

Keep up the good work. :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back