• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V2

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I don't know why you didn't start your Save the Pokemon! challenge earlier. Isn't it easier to start at te beginning, so then you have more time to take it slowly?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Colosseum and XD are the hardest ones to do that on imo. Deep Colosseum is going to be an ass hat, and I can't stress that enough.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
It must've just gotten moved here randomly, or not. ;D I tried to get into Game Development once, but I couldn't figure it out. I had a great idea, but people thought it was too hard to implement. I couldn't even figure out how to install new maps on RMXP. :P

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I used to be sort of into making games although really it didn't go any further than AdvanceMap for Pokémon Emerald, lol. Then I realised that I didn't have the time or the patience.

Years
It must've just gotten moved here randomly, or not. ;D I tried to get into Game Development once, but I couldn't figure it out. I had a great idea, but people thought it was too hard to implement. I couldn't even figure out how to install new maps on RMXP. :P
There are probably a lot more resources available now if you still want to give it a try, and there are plenty of threads around. Out of curiosity, what was your wacky idea? xD

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
There are probably a lot more resources available now if you still want to give it a try, and there are plenty of threads around. Out of curiosity, what was your wacky idea? xD
My "wacky" idea was something like a race, or time trial type game. Pretty much, you'd have all these things to do, and you'd have to be fast. The faster you are, the easier the game would be for you, as there would be more trainers to fight and stuff. If you were slow at playing the game, all the trainers would be worn out from your rivals, and you wouldn't be able to battle them for the extra experience.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
GameDev is far more customisible. The advantage of hacking was that everything was redymade, the battlesystem, the pokemon etc. But with the starter kits out there, that advantage is gone.

long live gamedev!

(Now, if only more games got completed...)

Liraxus

Local Douchebag
Years
I honestly wish i could get Project Red off the ground, but i just got RPG Maker and dont understand squat about coding and graphics editing.

Also, GARNET, Y U NO GIVE MUSIC

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I think the problem with a lot of fan-made hacks/games is that they never get completed. I've seen some of these games, and the most developed ones only go up to 5-6 badges usually.

MilesG170

Team Enigma Founder
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2015
Woot woot. Welcome to Game Dev. I wonder how long you will be here...

Years
Is it cheating to subscribe this thread? :D

I have a very ambitious project in mind which, if completed, would revolutionize fangames, but I have a way of never finishing things...

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
We need this thread to be active or a bomb will blow up.
What fangame would be best to just play for fun, and get into the whole fangame business? I haven't played one before, and I'm considering getting into it. D:

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2012
Yeah man, fangames are pretty epic. I've played quite a few.

Then when you play incomplete ones it's like "Noooo!" when they end.

Back