• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Omg someone mentioned Conquest.

SO EXCITED FOR CONQUEST

Years
Yeeeeessss. I was hesitant to get it at first- me and SRPGs do not get along. But it grew on me after awhile.

And speaking of Conquest- I cry every time I see someone complaining about it using characters from Sengokua Basara or Samurai Warriors or whatever similar game you can think of.

WHAT IS HISTORY? WHAT IS REALITY? Idklol

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Colo and XD will play on a Wii, though they were originally for GameCube. I do suggest you find a copy. They're great games. :)

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
O_o

You have orange skin and a white stripe across your face?

You need a GameCube controller to play GameCube games, I'm pretty sure. But don't follow my lead and go through the whole game using only Espeon and Umbreon because it will take so long to train your other Pokemon by then.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
And it doesn't help that Nobunga's Ambition isn't exactly the most well-known franchise series. At least in the West. Despite it being around since 1983, I wouldn't have been able to tell you anything about it until the collaboration was announced last year. And even now, I barely know anything about it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I thought the concept of Nobunaga/Conquest/whatever it's called was awesome, but then I saw how it was done and it looks pretty terrible to me, imo. Why not make a real game instead of some weird PMD clone? Plus, the English name sounds terrible as well.

/is apparently bitter today

this should go to the Roleplay Corner so that we can roleplay silly things here

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
O_o

You have orange skin and a white stripe across your face?
-_- No. No I dont. But we have like, the exact same hair and name even. (Yes, my name is Wes) And in this pic, we have the same skin tone.
Spoiler:

So when I first saw him and his name, I was honestly freaked out. Even though the skin and stripe was different. Does that clear everything up?

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
I would like to try it out, if anyone near me gets it and allows me to play it, but I'm not going to buy it until I find out how I like it.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I doth know or care, frankly. Two totally uncompatible games mashed. I won't be buying it. :/
I'd have to say that they mix pretty decently actually - I wouldn't go about assuming that they are uncompatible without at least trying it.
Why not make a real game instead of some weird PMD clone?
Because the game creators have nothing to do with PMD (and if by 'real game' you mean the handhelds then only Game Freak deal with that while spinoffs are left to other companies), and it's not PMD either. =p

Years
I honestly don't see the problem with the concept. I mean, you're going around fighting Warlords in an attempt to conquer and unify the region- which is essentially the same exact thing you do in the main games, just executed differently o-o

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Warlords + Pokemon = Bad game to me. I mean, have you ever seen a castle in Pokemon before N? Or a warlord?

That's exactly why it's an interesting idea though. We've seen so much of the same thing over and over again in pokémon. A change into something you didn't expect to find in such a game certainly is welcome :3

bobandbill

one more time
Years
But what's wrong with a castle in a Pokemon game as a setting? And why can't other games besides PMD and Pokepark offer something new?

Back