• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Inevitable [OU]

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years

Introduction

The team is properly titled with the inevitable chance that Manaphy will be dropping down to OU in the near future. I'm pleased with this decision as I am highly against the popular (and poorly educated) hypothesis that it will "over-centralize" Rain Dance teams. I don't think it will, and if it does, any and all Sandstorm teams will destroy it. So yeah, I'm basically preparing for Manaphy's drop by creating this team and I want to be ready as I see it could be pretty useful in the way I wish to use it.

Oh yeah. And I plan to create Elf Stall...it works too well to not do.

Overview

The Inevitable [OU]
    The Inevitable [OU]
    The Inevitable [OU]
    The Inevitable [OU]
    The Inevitable [OU]
    The Inevitable [OU]

Team Creation Process

The Inevitable [OU]
    - I chose Manaphy for the simple fact that it's dropping down to OU. I decided I'd go with a CroManaphy set as it did pretty well during my 2 battles that I had with it. :3
    The Inevitable [OU]
    - Rotom-H fills the role of both a Spin Blocker, as well as my counter to any electric types that enjoy switching into CroManaphy. Fits the bill for my needs.
    The Inevitable [OU]
    - Forretress fills the role of a Rapid Spinner, spiker, and t-spiker. Also is my dragon resist.
    The Inevitable [OU]
    - Next I wanted a phazer. Swampert is bulky enough to do it, so I chose him. :P
    The Inevitable [OU]
    - Blissey. Not much to say about choosing it. ~_~ Wish is essential.
    The Inevitable [OU]
    - Needed a lead that could reliably set up SR and then come back in if it manages to get spun away.

In-Depth

Gliscor

The Inevitable [OU]

Gliscor@Leftovers
    Jolly / Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 Spe
    ~ Taunt
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Toxic
    ~ Roost

This thing sets up my rocks then U-Turns out. Will come back in later to use more SR if they somehow get spun away, but that shouldn't happen. ;D Well yeah. Not much else to say. Possibly my biggest filler on the team, and if it is replaced, I need something with SR. I was thinking maybe Swampert, but then I'll need to find a new member as well. It might be worth it in the long run though.

Manaphy

The Inevitable [OU]

Manaphy@Leftovers
    Calm / Hydration
    EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
    ~ Surf
    ~ Tail Glow
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk

CroManaphy is the core of this team (as stated multiple times) and I plan to center pokemon choices around it. Seeing as how it's walled by anything with Water Absorb and sometimes even Blissey (assuming it's not complete setup fodder for this set), I need to base pokemon decisions off of that. Not much to say other than the fact that I plan to get a +4 and sweep with Surf.

Rotom-H

The Inevitable [OU]

Rotom-H@Leftovers
    Bold / Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Reflect

Staying true to elf stall with a rest talk set. Takes the hits from things that enjoy switching into Manaphy (SpecsJolt anyone?) as well as acting as my spin blocker. :/ No wonder stall is on the rise...Rotom does too well at spin blocking and being bulky. Can't do any calcs on how well it'll take T-bolts from SpecsJolt due to the lack of rotom forms on metalkids calculator. ~_~

Forretress

The Inevitable [OU]

Forretress@Leftovers
    Careful / Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
    ~ Rapid Spin
    ~ Spikes
    ~ Toxic Spikes
    ~ Payback

Rapid Spinner's are essential on any stall team. Say hello to Forretress. Sets up those lovely entry hazards and a VERY important one for the CroManaphy sweep: T-Spikes. Without it, I'd be walled to high heavens by anything that goes by "Vaporeon". PP/Toxic Stall it out and it'll be gone. Also helps the overall sweep by scoring some OHKO's that I wouldn't otherwise get (I hope).

Swampert

The Inevitable [OU]

Swampert@Leftovers
    Relaxed / Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    ~ Roar
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Earthquake

Phazer that can scout if I wanna. My physically bulky-mon too since I don't really have another that can honestly take hits that well. Nothing much else to say besides the fact that he could be an ok mixed sweeper I guess.

Blissey

The Inevitable [OU]

Blissey@Leftovers
    Bold / Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Def / 80 SpA / 176 SpD
    ~ Wish
    ~ Protect
    ~ Flamethrower (for celorbi)
    ~ Toxic

The special sponge of pink Anti-ness. Anyway, it always creeps back into my teams because it's such a reliable Wish passer. :/ I was debating over her or Vappy, but then half my team would be water type. ~_~ Whoot...only walled by Heatran so ha.

The Sad, Rather Empty Conclusion

Anyway, go ahead and rate. I know I'm terrible at descriptions, but I can't think of much to write when I'm too lazy to do calcs and the like. Also, I just read through it again, and it's really disorganized. :P I'll fix it eventually...

Oh, and I noticed SDLuke completely owns my team. lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh, and I noticed SDLuke completely owns my team. lol
    The Inevitable [OU]

ಠ_ಠ

(and Sand Veil is a better ability in my opinion because he won't be taking on Gyarados or Salamence due to not having Stone Edge)

Last edited:

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Ok, Sand Veil >> Hyper Cutter (Was a fluke anyway)

And Reflect >> S-ball on Rotom (as you said in the chat).

Keep 'em coming people. ^^

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Reflect >> Shadow Ball on Rotom, or you are utter Pursuit bait. Scizor can come in and lol, Tar can switch in and lol, even Weavile lols. Use 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef on Rotom, helps with Gyarados.

Nextly, no you are not Lucario weak with Rotom and Gliscor, period.

Though id reccommend putting Stealth Rock on Swampert >> Protect. This would free up a slot on Gliscor for Taunt and Toxic (which should be placed >> U-Turn) this helps your problem with last pokemon sweeps i.e Suicune and Curselax.

Next, use the ev spread 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Speed @ Bold on Manaphy. This allows you to never be 2hko'd by Max Attack Life Orb Infernape on average so you can crap all over Mixape (who is a massive issue for this team) as grass knot hits manaphy for a lol base 20 power.

That is all i can really see atm.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    This seems like a pretty solid team. Right now I can see that Raikou can definitely dent it up (Albeit Blissey, but it's probably going to get Tricked or Exploded seeing as most teams run that kind of thing now). It's not a big problem, although the problem is finding out what HP it has. Blissey can't do the job seeing as it's neutral to both Ice and Grass, so hopefully you can throw in a good prediction and find out with Forry (Unfortunately, if it starts CMing or subs, you'll have no idea and will possibly have to sacrifice Pert). If it's got HP Grass / Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt / CM and you don't bring in Gliscor right away, you'll have problems. So yeah, just putting that out there, although again, it's not THAT big of a problem.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I hate to ruin the party, but this has obviously not been tested given the fact that a Pokemon that is still banned is on the team. Furthermore, as you admitted yourself, the description are inadequate, though it's easy to see why since it's pretty difficult to know how the team plays if you haven't used it in a real competitive battle. If Manaphy becomes OU, test the team, change it as you wish, revamp the comments a bit, and PM me an updated version if you want to have this reopened (I'll edit in the changes before unlocking it). Until then though, I really can't leave this open.

D_A EDIT :

Raikou really isnt an issue, Gliscor walls HP Grass versions, Swampert walls all other Hidden Powers. Toxic Spikes keep it in check, Offensive CM gets pooped on by Bliss.....yeah not weak to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back