• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The International Idol Star Festival/Tournament! [T]

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    i like doubleposting it makes me feel alive
    It took all day but I posted. The format shall change until it suits me.

But we're in business, yeah!

Quick reminder to Godzil: you're up! Any questions or needs for clarification, let me know in this thread, through PKC messages or over Skype.

For everyone else, remember your characters to free whatever they wish during the appeals as long as everything is sound and contained backstage. I do suggest some interaction or personal character exploration of some sort, just to develop your characters more, and also because I am from here on out fully establishing the one week posting deadline! Please make sure you have posted IC every seven days. If this proves to be a issue, however, I can certainly tweak the deadline.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
    I really, really love the judge interaction you have going on. The bickering amongst themselves is entertaining to read. I'm surprised you can keep these five distinct personalities all up and separate at once, although some are stronger than others (chill, Carlos)

Can I just say that I love that Dragonslayer cape for Marshmallow? It was especially cute. I think that was a detail out of the Appeals round that stood out most to me.

Looks like Soren really stood out with Dequan again, while not failing to spoil the secret of his second Pokemon to the audience. Really makes him look buddy-buddy. I hope no other character capitalizes on that suspicion. Last thing a 12-year-old needs is somehow being accused of nepotism--or at least, accused with the wrong person.

I wonder how Carcol is going to react. He really got the worst of it. How will his ego stand up?

I'm so excited to see everyone else's routines! It's a good thing I'm not first, but I might go second if we're going in order of most points. I have to come up with something cute for my dog.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I'm so excited to see everyone else's routines! It's a good thing I'm not first, but I might go second if we're going in order of most points.
    God damn it, Jaunt. Hint: look up.

But thank you so much about the judges. I cannot stress how relieving it is to hear that you and I believe others are entertained enough to be willing to read through how long posts have been starting to get/will be getting in the future with all their individual critiques. If my posts were a slog, it'd kill everything. Not to mention, this means when we begin to explore these judges, their past and true aspirations and all that fun stuff, consensus won't be like "Yeah, mm hmm whatever".

I think that cape and just the showing in-general might have scored Coco and her Wigglytuff a niche audience to call their own. Pretty quintessential.

Rofl, clearly your "secrets" are not safe with Dequan.​

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    oh my goo

I feel like it was an understatement to say that Carcol got utterly decimated.

Nevertheless, it was very fun reading through the post and getting a feel for the judges and their characters. That whole reception for Carcol was grand and he even garnered a giant oration from everyone's favorite, Carlos -- I can perfectly imagine him yelling those words out like some wrathful behemoth. I actually found it intriguing to find Anne-Marie making those cultural references to Carcol's "art". It made me realize that I should go into more depth with Carcol's background, since as an artiste he probably had some inspirations growing up that I should bring up.

I have to really think about how the pomp's gonna respond to this; does he take the harsh reception from the judges as a message that he should change his tactics? Or does he persist after being egged on by Dequan, who believes Carcol might have some hidden depths to his pratfalls? Hopefully his tongue heals up before he goes up to perform; it would be incredibly silly if all of Carcol's dialogue consisted of either slurred words or crude raspberries. At one point, I want him to serenade the crowd by singing Nessun Dorma as well as I can. Whether that will be good or bad is subjective.

Also, dat dirty cloyster innuendo. absolutely scandalous

i should have carcol do something just as brazen with his goodra

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I feel like it was an understatement to say that Carcol got utterly decimated.
    In case Carcol shaming becomes a thing?Carlos might make it one as long as he still has that pompadour?I'll keep a butt hole count for him alone so we can keep track of how many times he gets ripped open.

"DON'T WORRY, CARC, JUST SHAKE OFF THE HATERS MANG" -- Dequan

Yay, people like judges!

But that I very much approve of, developing his influences more. Though a true artist never reveals their secrets... That's magicians, shit.

The situation with Anne-Marie could be her jumping to conclusions, could be proof of her renowned astuteness. It depends on how you'd like to spin it. But I'm certainly excited on how you do so and what direction Carcol will end up heading in.

DURR, WHAT INNUENDO? THIS RP IS TEEN RATED!! :3​

i should have carcol do something just as brazen with his goodra
    The International Idol Star Festival/Tournament! [T]

But, damn, Godzil. You're fast! That means I actually have to write something. But once I do...
    ...you're up next, Ewery! Prepare yourself!

Years
    Alright, opening act! Let's see you guys top that!

I mean that seriously. I want to see Carlos actually like something. Might just give the old man a heart attack. Also, I like having Coco act all arrogant even as she's constantly being upstaged. So someone upstage me!

But, damn, Godzil. You're fast! That means I actually have to write something. But once I do...

When Godzil's in your game, you can expect a speedy response. Most of the time. That or silence.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Alright, opening act! Let's see you guys top that!

I mean that seriously. I want to see Carlos actually like something. Might just give the old man a heart attack. Also, I like having Coco act all arrogant even as she's constantly being upstaged. So someone upstage me!

When Godzil's in your game, you can expect a speedy response. Most of the time. That or silence.
    Carlos liking something... could make a pretty good meme.

But don't expect any "That was great"s from that guy until maybe around the halfway mark. That's when he'll be able to explicitly sort the "good" from the "bad". Of course, he's probably established a deep loathing for poor Carcol already. Sorry, Ech.

At least Coco's being consistent with that cocksure stage persona, lol. I realized as I was writing the judges' response how much she has in common with Jasper in that regard, hence the "acting was decent".

Wait I thought Gelius was the Sonic guy Well if Coco's gonna get upstaged at some point, you can at least rest assured that you'll never be outpaced!​

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    Oh don't worry I won't quit I'll just curl up in a ball and cry but there will be a post there eventually.......................................

even if it kills me:disappoin

RIP IN SPAGHETTI, NEVER FORGETTI oh god that's something fox would say

Oh, don't be a baby. I literally spent until 5 AM to get my first post up and ready. Don't judge me, I most certainly do have a life; I was just really salty about PC crashing right before I posted and I forgot to save my whole post in some doc because I'm as inept and unprepared as Carcol.

I remember my Boss's face when he asked why I was so tired the following day and I explained I had to write a post for a Pokemon Roleplay and my character had a pink pompadour.

But in all honesty, take your time. I really want our characters to interact with each other before they make their appeals, unless we have a good time to do that after the show. I am super anxious to learn more about Koestler's character because I am absolutely infatuated with women that look like handsome men (regardless of my gender, I am clearly gay). I also want to know how Soren would act if he found out Carcol callously believes his fellow Kalosian is from the grimy country of Unova.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Oh, please. Unova is gorgeous. Not that I liked Black/White, rofl

Everyone but Godzil has three days to give me something. I'll call a group meeting tomorrow on what everyone's status is.​

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Oh, please. Unova is gorgeous. Not that I liked Black/White, rofl

Everyone but Godzil has three days to give me something. I'll call a group meeting tomorrow on what everyone's status is.​

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    Where is the group meeting, big momma

WHERE IS IT

Made a post of Eric being angry because his shitty author didn't post. Good times.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Where is the group meeting, big momma

WHERE IS IT
    >tomorrow
    Sir.

And I meant an out-of-character, "where-are-we-now" meeting. In the OOC thread.

I'm actually leaning towards making a Skype chat so we can have some more out-of-character meetings and discussions. I assumed this thread here would serve that purpose and I could contact you all individually through Skype instead but, honestly, I'm not Mr. Charismatier. Everyone does Skype chats, so there's that comfort zone element, and I ain't no trendsetter neither, so it's not like I'm gonna be able to get full-blown discussions popping up here all the time. We don't even discuss that much in the Cornered OOC tbh, it's mostly just quips and memes

If you guys think a Skype chat would be more comfortable or just preferred or any other reason, let me know and I'll gladly make one. We can still communicate through the out-of-character if a minority thinks it'd be more sufficient, just an instant-message chat will always be an option. I do have the majority of you as contacts and for the person that I don't I did send a request. It might be more beneficial, however, if we could all mingle with one another instead of only speaking with me.​

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    Skype is big poo poo

I don't want to seclude our dank memes to some private chat app. I want the whole internet to see how cringeworthy and awkward we I can be in this thread. Maybe if we make this place as ramshackle as Cornered's, IIS could get its very own dedicated Ech and I don't have to be the only outcast. I really want to start a terrible trend where OOC threads attract weirdos that loiter around and draw smut of everyone's OCs.

In seriousness, I am not actually against skype chat. But I do want this OOC to be pretty active with discussions and interactivity though; maybe you should steal Jauntier's State Your Business gimmick and have us ask questions to a few special guest judges. Let's moderate between the two; I don't really enjoy making an OOC entirely obsolete from excessive skype usage.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Ech said:
    In seriousness, I am not actually against skype chat. But I do want this OOC to be pretty active with discussions and interactivity though; maybe you should steal Jauntier's State Your Business gimmick and have us ask questions to a few special guest judges. Let's moderate between the two; I don't really enjoy making an OOC entirely obsolete from excessive skype usage.
    Never implied I wanted to abandon the OOC, hence why the Skype chat would be more so an option that would invite more of that tasty player interactivity. Conversations wouldn't be limited to either place.​

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    I guess I was just hoping this OOC would have its own little fun niche. I just want you to be better than Jaunt.

By the bi, I won't be available for the entire day tomorrow until late night. I do have a part of my post ready so hopefully I can get something done when I get back home. I will definitely miss the meeting if you decide to orchestrate it here in this thread, so please don't copulate me from your rp. But I'll be probably be on skype on my phone tho.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Ech said:
    I guess I was just hoping this OOC would have its own little fun niche. I just want you to be better than Jaunt.

By the bi, I won't be available for the entire day tomorrow until late night. I do have a part of my post ready so hopefully I can get something done when I get back home. I will definitely miss the meeting if you decide to orchestrate it here in this thread, so please don't copulate me from your rp. But I'll be probably be on skype on my phone tho.
    My copulation schedule is none of your concern, thank you very much.

Our niche is not being dead like 90% of other OOC threads. In the end, outsiders don't even know if the roleplay itself is still technically active because there hasn't been a post in at most a week and it's just tumbleweeds. I will definitely try to keep this place active if I make a Skype chat. (That's basically a "will", I've basically convinced myself as might have been deduced, lol)

A State-Your-Business-inspired interview sess where people ask special peeps questions sounds really interesting, though, and something I'd totally be up for doing here! Y'know, to guarantee a lack of tumbleweeds. And to garner some OOC/IC opinions regarding the slightly bizarre people that just don't happen to be a part of the main judging panel.

Yeah, look forward to something along those lines, guys.

Actually, regarding the rule on activity, I'm going to make an alteration. When it comes down to it, I don't want to be too cutthroat about this roleplay, (since the judges are and will be harsh enough) though I certainly want to guarantee activity. As such, players will be given a seven day deadline for new posts, and after that, I will ask about their current situation. A week from being contact, if a response is not given or a person simply cannot provide a post at an efficient time, a slot will be freed.

expect a double-post new shit tomorrow, gang​

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Notif: The Skype chat is born! Here's a link. Have fun, don't kill each other.

This is also marks the beginning of a new question-and-answer series: Well-Intended Harassment Ft. The IIS Secret Judges! Essentially, you'll be interrogating these temporary canon judges on whatever subject you'd like. Questions can be OOC or IC (just remember good questions here won't make your character more likely to win bonus points, that only happens in the RP itself).

Today's victim is the washed-up Pokemon celebrity, Primo Daisuke!

Well-Intended Harassment
    Primo Daisuke

The International Idol Star Festival/Tournament! [T]

Also known as "the Pokedude", he became one of the friendliest and recognizable faces in the media. Through their Teaching TVs the children of Kanto would learn everything they needed to become Pokemon masters, putting him on especially good terms with these same ex-Trainers when they came of age. Thus, when his tutorial tapes were compiled and sent to DVD, sales skyrocketed. The Pokedude was not limited to Kanto alone either as he and his very familiar partners took on Power-based Pokeathlete challenges in the neighboring Johto region as well. This all culminated into a shining legacy and near region-wide stardom. Primo was quick to take advantage of it all. Hosting the Daisuke Club to provide new Trainers with additional services ans resources seemed very much in-line with his charitable nature. However, the reality shows seemed... less so. 'The Daisuke Family was never a very well-liked show but it lasted for seventeen seasons, and during that extensive run-time, Primo was active on other shows as well, essentially all over the network. Then, he took on Pokestudios, and he was inescapable. It was hysterical to see him in the president's role for the hit summer blockbuster, Pokependence Day, but the gimmick wore off as soon as he opened his mouth. The musical career ended everything. Conveniently, Primo had to be cut loose by his networks—especially good timing as his album was unfortunately receiving radio time, causing legitimate uproar across Kanto and Johto, presumably around the whole world. In the end, Daisuke had a good run, but he might have overdone things, hence him currently teetering at the edge of bankruptcy.

Back