• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The iPhone5 ideas

The Void

hiiiii
Years
  • The iPhone5 Rumors and Ideas

So there have been a number of rumors circulating around the iPhone5. Some of them actually say that they already know its features. One of the many guesses/rumors about the iPhone5's features would be this:

Apple fans, meet the new and amazing iPhone5. Soon to come out before late 2012, the iPhone5 features a sleeker iPhone design, an astonishing "laser keyboard" for you to type easier with, a holographic display built in with its videos, and obviously, a better and more complete Siri.

What do you think of it? Any thoughts/opinions about what could possible come out with the iPhone5? n_n

P.S. The video above is fake, according to some users. If you are gullible enough to believe it like I did, do it at your own risk :P

Last edited:
    Years
  • The title of the video says Concept, and I personally will be calling fowl on this one. To me, when the person at the start was 'showing off the thin design,' the screen looked like it was a photo just on a small thin piece of plastic. I know that when I move my iPhone or iPod around like they did, the screen rotates and gyrates to try and keep the screen face up to me at all times. I didn't see any of that.

And when we come to the 'holographic' part. XD Now I know it's a fake. This is what happens when you don't watch the entire video before commenting. :3 My bad.

GibbyGibson

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Not even close. Personally I think those features would be cool, but realistically they will not be in any phone or that small of a device for years. the biggest proponent of my argument is the drain on battery that these features would have. Apple is all about providing the best phone experience for as long as possible. (part of the reason the current generation iPhone doesn't have LTE 4G is because it drains the battery far too fast for Apple's liking.
    Adding to the evidence of fakery, is the use of gestures interacting with the projected keyboard and display. unless they put cameras on all sides of the phone, you are not going to be able to interact with content that way.

Now if you ask me what features might be included with the next iPhone, I'd say that they are probably going to include 4G LTE, New Design, and a slim chance of a 3d Camera sensor on the back. (I don't think they'll try to incorporate any Lytro camera design just yet, think 2014ish)

Years
  • Concept means that its just an idea so many concepts are impossible to create. Just sayin'.

I really doubt apple would be able to create anything that thin and still be able to keep all of the technology in there. Plus the phone would be much too thin to fit in the charging cable without it snapping the edges. Also like Gerri said to have a projector, a motion sensor and some sort of holographic technology that doesn't even exist yet in a phone would mean it'd last about five minutes before the battery cut out and apple wouldn't stand for that.
    And just one last thing about how thin it is. I've had to buy a thick case for my iPod touch because it was too thin for me to hold with a comfortably tight grip, I doubt they'll be able to go any thinner without risking people dropping them 24/7

Back