• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The irony of life

droomph

weeb
Years
When I was in 6th grade, I was one of the most annoying kids in the whole school. I wouldn't shut up, to the point where even I was annoyed at myself. But I couldn't help it - words spouted out like a fountain of pointless black ink. Nobody liked me, I didn't like myself, and all I wished for was to shut up.

Then 7th grade rolled along, and then I could finally shut up. It was a miracle - people started liking me. I loved being liked - being liked for me was a kind of reward for being awesome. I didn't want it to stop, and I loved what was going on.

Then, in 8th grade, I found out I couldn't speak up, even if I had to. I couldn't bring myself to talk in front of people - it was just too embarrassing. I couldn't speak, even though I wanted to. And it got so bad, that last year, they diagnosed me with Asperger's, even though my only problem was that I couldn't speak up for myself.

That's the irony of life - it fixes your problem, but manages to skew that solution into a new problem. It happens to everything, in fact - every solution given to you comes with a cost.

disclaimer!: I understand that this seems like a "woe is me" post. Take it as you want it, but I will point out right now I'm not being a whiny ***** about any of the stuff that's happened to me.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I enjoyed the read up until you said "smart retard." Asperger's, and Autism while I'm already at this, are not related to intellectual disability (or "mental retardation" as it was formerly called and clearly what you still know it as). You're going to offend people with that term, and you've already offended me with it. I can't believe you'd label yourself like that in the first place.

droomph

weeb
Years
That's how they treat me as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not saying anything about anyone, but as far as I know, I'm in the Special Ed class, basically, and that's quite a kick in the balls for me.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Well i think it is more like your other blog that you learned that everything needs a bit of balance. And its like you say.. if there's something you want to change then go for it. If it becomes a new problem then just take a step back is all. I know its easier said than done but if you were strong enough to do it to begin with then you can always try again! I believe you can do it :3

Back