• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "Is It Worth Training Up?" Thread

Cheeky Typhlosion

Call me CK!
    Years
    Hey, would my Poliwrath be any good? (It knows Mind Reader, Fissure, Blizzard and Rest) I'm training it up so that it can sweep through my cousin's team, which has only 1 flying type, and no Pokemon abilities.

Years
    Cheeky Typhlosion said:
    Hey, would my Poliwrath be any good? (It knows Mind Reader, Fissure, Blizzard and Rest) I'm training it up so that it can sweep through my cousin's team, which has only 1 flying type, and no Pokemon abilities.

If it was just Water, not as such but for a Fighting type, yes because there are so few of them. But you will have fun with raising both types, as he can be dependable, although the speed might be a problem. But then that's why God made Quick Claw.

Omega Latios

Whhheeee... *shot'd*
    Years
    I Was Just Thinkin' That Is Girafarig Worth Training?

And Your Poliwrath's Attack Aren't Good. It Should Be Like This.

Poliwrath @ Quick Claw

Mind Reader
    Fissure
    Ice Beam
    Return

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Murkrow is a very Pokemon to have. I've only have one, because its not one of my favorites, even though its strong. I remember when I had one, I got it to a pretty high level and it pwned. ^^;

What bothers me.... is that Pikachu doesn't have a strong defense. I mean, its so adorable, and yet, unless you have many MANY items that'll raise its Defense, it doesn't last long against strong attacks. As much as I love Pikachu...One has to train the h3ll out of it, and even then it still can't withstand that much. T-T

Edit: Hey! 200th Post... and it was about Pikachu -^^-

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Omastar would have a great defense, if you really plan on keeping Omanyte in your party.... I'd take the time to evolve it. I'd say its worth it if you plan on keeping it with you for a long time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2006
    Hmm, now that I've gotten into training/breeding for moves and such, I'm interested to know which Pokemon would be good to use that I previously didn't bother with before.

How about Surskit? Is it worth training to Masquerian?

Back