• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE JULY PIXEL ART CONTEST - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    DC: Your entry is looking pretty nice, good use of the palette. Lets hope to see more entries like this.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Posted mine...

[ Designed Child ]'s pixel art is awesome.

Shadow Wolf 2

The Pixel Artist
    Years
    Vaati-san said:
    DC: Then ask someone who has photoshop to make it transparent, or here's an even better idea, MAKE a background.

Shadow Wolf: Best God darned news I heard all day =P
    Lol.

This is what I got so far:
    THE JULY PIXEL ART CONTEST - Discussion Thread

Teh Macho Goblin X3

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Yeah, guys, you have a month. Don't feel inclined to do something as soon as possible for the sake of doing so. Think it over first.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    +Alex+ and Neo Umbreon are disqualified for submitting entries that do not sufficiently meet the definition of pixel art.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Guys, you'll be addened to know (or Happy) that Im entering AGAIN this month. I know I sucked at the first one (The 80's games), and the second was an edit (Myths and Legend creatures) but this time, my entery is completely scratch!

(Prepare for the worst entery sice my pacman one!)

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Shadow Wolf, that is truly amazing, I'm in love with it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Allstories said:
    +Alex+ and Neo Umbreon are disqualified for submitting entries that do not sufficiently meet the definition of pixel art.
    Awesome.

Good luck everyone else then.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Allstories, this is the best thing you've posted the entire time you've been here at Pokecommunity. I suck at original pixel art, but I love this contest so much I am entering.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Crimson Tears, you are disqualified under the terms that you used only 6 of the colours, when the rules clearly state to use all 7. Your entry also appears to be a pixel over, if that's the case, it will have to be changed completely.

EDIT: I done some research, it was infact a pixel over of an offical Sugimori Staryu. You may now not re enter that piece in any form, the work has to be from scratch and scratch only.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    It feels weird to have all these nice comments about my work >.< its not all that good look at everyone elses, its much better than mine

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Pandora's Box's entry has being disquailified due to breaching the rule of using the 7 colours, no more no less.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    No, you do have 7, my sister had being messing eith the moniter again ¬¬

My apoligies, you're still in pandora.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    It was down to how close two of the colours are, she made the moniter darker and they looked like one, but once again, my apoligies.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Vaati-san said:
    Crimson Tears, you are disqualified under the terms that you used only 6 of the colours, when the rules clearly state to use all 7

Oh, criminy, I actually didn't intend for that to be a rule. I was habitually compelled to counter 'No more' with 'No less'. I have hereby retracted that rule. Sorry, guys.

:|

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back