• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Kalos League Speculation Thread

LHT

I do pokemon sprites sometimes
Years
  • Wow, Famon almost predicted the future.

"1) The Entire Internet gets filled with rants! Nobody will be happy.
    3) Many Fans might lose interest in Team Flare arc!
    4) People lose interest in Pokemon Sun and Moon Anime.
    6) Letting Alain win is same as Dooming the Anime. "

The last point I personally agree, not related.

Years
  • "1) The Entire Internet gets filled with rants! Nobody will be happy.

To be fair, that's always been the case since fans are never in agreement 100% of the time.

Also, I've seen people threatening to ragequit and stop watching the show on other forums due to Ash's loss. I wonder how many will actually go through with it.
    popcorn_zps951fdfb8.gif

Years
  • To be fair, that's always been the case since fans are never in agreement 100% of the time.

Also, I've seen people threatening to ragequit and stop watching the show on other forums due to Ash's loss. I wonder how many will actually go through with it.
    popcorn_zps951fdfb8.gif

On Serebii I've seen the episode discussion thread filled with rants and some people who posted there are even threatening to give up the anime. Sun & Moon (and before that, Team Flare) will have to pull off something spectacular if it wants to win fans back.

Years

If we had Pokemon Anime regulars' awards here I certainly would have given Famon the title of "Best Predictor of the Anime" and I certainly would have awarded XY the title of "Biggest Troll Series". But that said, I find it very intriguing that the fandom is ranting and starting to lose interest, just like Famon dreaded.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • Yes, Ash was better than ever this season. But there's one thing most of you are listening:

Alain is better. Alain had a solid team and was just all around a stronger trainer. You can't say "Ash is so good this season look at his team" when the fact is that the other trainer was just better.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years

Number 1 was expected, it's hardly prediction when it's been happening for years.

Just a note; a few people on forums don't speak for the entire audience. Some of them can say "I'm not gonna watch the Team Flare Arc, boycott, boycott!" but it doesn't stop the fact that generally the same amount of people will tune in and the ratings will be around the same lol.

--

I was frustrated that he lost, it did seem as if he was gonna win this one. Especially as Greninja was hyped up this entire region so we thought that Ash and Greninja's goal was going to be fulfilled by beating Charizard. But I guess they're saving the real battles for the upcoming arc which is exciting and seems like everyone gets something.

But like a normal person I've moved on. I wasn't fully expecting him to win so.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Number 1 was expected, it's hardly prediction when it's been happening for years.

Just a note; a few people on forums don't speak for the entire audience. Some of them can say "I'm not gonna watch the Team Flare Arc, boycott, boycott!" but it doesn't stop the fact that generally the same amount of people will tune in and the ratings will be around the same lol.

--

I was frustrated that he lost, it did seem as if he was gonna win this one. Especially as Greninja was hyped up this entire region so we thought that Ash and Greninja's goal was going to be fulfilled by beating Charizard. But I guess they're saving the real battles for the upcoming arc which is exciting and seems like everyone gets something.

But like a normal person I've moved on. I wasn't fully expecting him to win so.

Yeah, actually, the low ratings on not just TVTokyo, but even online viewership would suggest that it probably WOULD negatively affect the series later on.

Years
  • Yes, Ash was better than ever this season. But there's one thing most of you are listening:

Alain is better. Alain had a solid team and was just all around a stronger trainer. You can't say "Ash is so good this season look at his team" when the fact is that the other trainer was just better.

If I noticed, Ash's team was mostly speed-based while Alain's was power-based. If Alain's dominance was an indication, it makes me believe brute force actually does overpower speed in the end.

I still don't get why Alain had an Unfezant which is said to be an underwhelming Pokemon

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • If I noticed, Ash's team was mostly speed-based while Alain's was power-based. If Alain's dominance was an indication, it makes me believe brute force actually does overpower speed in the end.

I still don't get why Alain had an Unfezant which is said to be an underwhelming Pokemon
    That's assuming both teams were just as good as each other in every way except Ash's was faster and Alain's was more forceful.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2024
    haha ash can't even win with his special snowflake synchro transformation. Anyway am i the only one bothered by greninja getting this synchro thing instead of pikachu

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2016
    Like what? Because for weeks we've known that after this episode we'd have to deal with Team Flare, and none of the Team Flare episode info scans or summaries even implied that Ash would win. If, according to some fans before the episode aired, Ash winning the League had such a big chance of occurring, I don't see why it wouldn't have been spoiled in advance when like 99.9% of future anime events are.
    Ash normally wins a Pokémon Battle against a Trainer atleast once and he never beat Alain for example. I don't think that Ash's win would be foreshadowed it would be to much of a Spoiler.

haha ash can't even win with his special snowflake synchro transformation. Anyway am i the only one bothered by greninja getting this synchro thing instead of pikachu

Pikachu can't get a Mega Evolution or a kind of Mega evolution because he isn't in the final stage.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2024
    Ash normally wins a Pokémon Battle against a Trainer atleast once and he never beat Alain for example. I don't think that Ash's win would be foreshadowed it would be to much of a Spoiler.

Pikachu can't get a Mega Evolution or a kind of Mega evolution because he isn't in the final stage.

what does ash's greninja synchro form have to do with mega's?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • what does ash's greninja synchro form have to do with mega's?
    Ash Greninja IS a Mega Evolution in a sense. The way I figure it, instead of evolving via a Mega Stone, it instead evolves using Ash in that same way. Mega Evolution seems to work using life force or Infinite Energy as it's called at least going by the games, and I'm guessing Greninja is borrowing Ash's energy when it takes on this form, thus changing its appearance much like a regular Mega Evolution and sharing a link with Ash. But don't quote me on that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2016
    what does ash's greninja synchro form have to do with mega's?
    Before meeting Ash, Alain was searching for Pokémon that could Mega Evolve collecting Mega energy using a device. Suddenly he got more energy than usual and realised it came from Ash's Greninja. Then after the battle the two had Lysandre said that the Mega energy Alain sended was above normal.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2024
    Before meeting Ash, Alain was searching for Pokémon that could Mega Evolve collecting Mega energy using a device. Suddenly he got more energy than usual and realised it came from Ash's Greninja. Then after the battle the two had Lysandre said that the Mega energy Alain sended was above normal.
    you talking about this I am pretty sure that was just data that lysandre sent him not greninja besides i looked it up and "Ash-Greninja=mega evolution" was already denied by the official Pokemon Anime staff on the official TV show Oha Suta (おはスタ) on Oct. 22nd, 2015
    Lysandre : Alain, like I sent it to you as a data a while ago, the mega evolution energy is being accumulated favorably.
    Alain : Thank you very much.

Years
  • Hey friends let's try not to go off-topic here. This thread's to discuss and speculate the Kalos league, not background info on Ash Greninja or mega evolutions. If you want to talk about that you can make a new thread. Thanks much!

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2016
    you talking about this I am pretty sure that was just data that lysandre sent him not greninja besides i looked it up and "Ash-Greninja=mega evolution" was already denied by the official Pokemon Anime staff on the official TV show Oha Suta (おはスタ) on Oct. 22nd, 2015
    Lysandre : Alain, like I sent it to you as a data a while ago, the mega evolution energy is being accumulated favorably.
    Alain : Thank you very much.

I saw very well how interested Alain was in Greninja after seing the Data.
    Also I remember very well Lysandre saying that the Energy Alain sended to hom was very high.

I would also like a source of the Anime Staff having denied Ash-Greninja as a Mega Evolution.

Ok Sheep

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Disappointing as Ash's defeat is, I thiiiink this sort of League did a good job allowing everyone to come together again and be so invested in the particular episodes. xD

I dunno, after the disappointment, I kinda see it in a new way; if this was what they were going for, I think they succeeded! I haven't been this invested in an episode of Pokemon ever since... the Hoenn League? Well, even still I wasn't as hyped in comparison to this League in particular. I really loved watching the battles overall. They did a great job with the animation and the development in this one, I'd say to say. I hope it becomes even better in the next episodes and the new season~

Years
  • Tbh, the fact that Ash made Top 2 is kinda/sorta good enough to make up for his loss imo. Like, if someone had told me a few years ago that he'd make it to a League's finals, I would've cackled. So color me mildly impressed.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Tbh, the fact that Ash made Top 2 is kinda/sorta good enough to make up for his loss imo. Like, if someone had told me a few years ago that he'd make it to a League's finals, I would've cackled. So color me mildly impressed.

We'd probably take it a lot better had Alola actually retained a Pokémon League instead of do away with them altogether. Instead, now we have to wait at least two generations before Ash can even have a chance to regain that title, and that's even assuming they'll ever get back to Pokémon Leagues at all.

Back