• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Last Story - Creator of Final Fantasy

Years

• The Last Story

The Last Story is a beautiful game that is made by the founder of the Final Fantasy series.
    It is an RPG for the Wii and it is the first game for this console, that I have liked.
    I was lucky enough to get a go on it (ANDMEETHIRONOBUSAKAGUCHI :D) at the weekend and it looked very nice.

What do you think about it? Do you think it is just a wanna be FF game or something more? Something special?

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • JRPG? And for the Wii? I'm all over it!

I never really looked into the game too much but I remember hearing about it a lot. Not to mention it was one of the games Nintendo fans petitioned to have localized along size of games like Xenoblade Chronicles (Which is an awesome JRPG) which ended up being a successful petition.

But yeah, I'll definitely give it a shot!
    It's got a few good scores on Metacritic already.

Years
  • Yeh, it did look good when I was playing around with it; it was on a team deathmatch type thing.

I can't except anything less from the brain child of Final Fantasy! :3​

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Crap, I sold my wii.

Guess I'll have to ninja my sisters.
    Looks like it's going to be an awesome game.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • Hopefully Xenoblade will sell well enough in the US to merit localization of this game. I want to play it, as I'm quite starved for a good game for my Wii. I've had it since 2007 and only have 5 games.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • After seeing some gameplay, and Kotaku's impression about it. I'm definitely getting it, I was keen on importing the Japanese version. But for some reason, I didn't. I'm hoping for a NA release. And its from SAKAGUCHI, gotta support him and Mistwalker.

Years
  • And its from SAKAGUCHI, gotta support him and Mistwalker.

YOU MEAN THIS GUY?
    Spoiler:

Yes I did meet him. :D​

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • To all the US gamers looking for The Last Story, it IS coming to America sometime this Summer. : D
    Nintendo has partnered up with XSeed to bring it so us.

OPERATION RAINFALLLLLL.<3

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I wish Nintendo didn't suck at marketing RPGs. I feel like these games should be getting far more hype than they actually are getting.
    If either of The Last Story or Xenoblade was on the 360 or PS3, i'm sure they would be marketing the stuff out of them and building massive hype. Now I feel like they're going to come to America, not sell very good, and then ultimately discourage Nintendo from wanting to localize any other JRPG titles, much like how Capcom sucks at wanting to localize Monster Hunter games outside of Japan.

I'm tired of being stuck with western RPGs. I need more JRPGs. ;_;
    No more "Doth hath slayeth thine dragoneth." I must have overly complicated characters and cheesy voice acting!

Years
  • FABIO!!! Hardcore jealous to the max. But, I'm very ecstatic to hear that XSEED will be teaming up with Nintendo for the localization.

Hahaha. I have had a lot of people say they are jealous! :P

And I think it is a good thing that they are teaming with Nintendo now because it gives them something extra.​

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    I really want to play this but I have never got around to buying a Wii. With the Wii U arriving later this year I'm wondering if I should just wait, perhaps by then the game will have fallen in price. I want this game to sell well on the Wii though so I'm not sure what to do.

BiZNicK

Stop looking at me.
    Years
  • This is definitely looking like a must buy. Glad I never got around to selling my Wii.

Back