• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    To truely answer the question properly a definition of "weak" needs to be more refined. I've not watched any of the last few movies, so I know little, but theres combat/battle prowess and then there are other types of strength and power. From the little I know, both Lati's are powerful...just not too powerful battle wise. (Unlike in the game...)

From that I know the Lati's could be great spies if you think about thier abilities.

President Showaddywaddy

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    Well, ~Rene~, we first need to decide on a plot, any ideas?

Then someone can post an introductionary paragraph, and we see if it's any good.

(This is only a suggestion)

About the topic...

Yes they are quite weak in the film. They never actually fight, and Latios was captured FAR too easily. I know they aren't the 'fighting' type, but come on.

Horizon Knight

Just draw something, and me (or Kai...) will put it in a big collage. It would be really cool if we all jumbled it up and did something different. So, not everyone does the same thing.

Such as:
    Kai does Latias on the Drums.
    I do Latios on Guitar.
    You can do Latias on Sax.

and so on. So no one does the same thing. Sounds like an awesome project. The last one we tried just fell apart.

I'll gladly contribute to the project! I've already penciled something up, so give me some time to ink it and I'll post it! Or PM it. Something like that...

Wait, should I actually say what I've drawn?

Oh, and as for the topic...

Do you think the Latis are very, very weak in Pokémon Heroes?

I agree with President Showaddywaddy and Skii: the Latis don't really fight much in the movie, and when they do, it usually involves just flying around. Whatever happened to Luster Purge or Mist Ball?

Still, the movie is one of my favorites.

Last edited:

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I believe that when they take out the tidal wave, it is a combination of Luster Purge and Mist Ball. The sphere they form is Mist Ball, and then the geyser of light is Luster Purge. Hmm.

Years
    I'll gladly contribute to the project! I've already penciled something up, so give me some time to ink it and I'll post it! Or PM it. Something like that...

Wait, should I actually say what I've drawn?

Oh, and as for the topic...

I agree with President Showaddywaddy and Skii: the Latis don't really fight much in the movie, and when they do, it usually involves just flying around. Whatever happened to Luster Purge or Mist Ball?

Still, the movie is one of my favorites.

Yeah totaly agree it is still a good movie.

And what about Latias running off when Latios is captured?

Surely, Latias can beat an Espeon and Ariados.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Well, ~Rene~, we first need to decide on a plot, any ideas?

Then someone can post an introductionary paragraph, and we see if it's any good.

(This is only a suggestion)

About the topic...

Yes they are quite weak in the film. They never actually fight, and Latios was captured FAR too easily. I know they aren't the 'fighting' type, but come on.
    Okay and I will post a story about Latias and Latios later. Is it okay, President Showaddywaddy?

~Rene~ :t025:

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Yes that's fine ~Rene~, just take your time.

New topic, anyone. I can't think of any right now.
    Thanks, President Showaddywaddy. I will think about how to start the story first. And I got a new topic. Here's one:
    Which ball did you use to catch Latias or Latios?
    I will answer it later.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    No, I haven't caught a Latias yet.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Haven't caught him yet... but I think itll be with an Ultra Ball, Timer Ball or the like. I swear, Latios is driving me insane. Since I have no Master Ball, I can't catch him all that easy.

His health is literally on 1. If I even try to hit him, he'll roll in a ball and die faint. I have my trusty Wobuffet upping up the turns to get more powerful on the Timer Ball. Then I have a level 70 Rayquaza to use as my ball catcher dude when Wobuffet faints. I just have no idea whether to use a Timer Ball or Ultra Ball....

I really need to catch a pokemon that learns THunder wave. Thus, upping my chances. Then maybe, one with attract. This'll be a long catching D:

KAI HELP ME!

Anyways, to the answering of the topics:

Was the Latis weak? Well, not to a great extent of "very, very weak". You guys have got to realise that the Latis did not attack anyone because they didn't want to hurt anyone. Latias would be too nice to hurt anything and Latios was only captured that easy because he was protecting his sister.

Years
    I am not very happy now, I'm not near finishing poke league on Ruby naymore now that I have Diamond so I would actually use the Latis.

Why do I have to restart all the time?

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Nice answers, everyone. I haven't found a Latias in the wild. I will find it soon.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I caught both my Latias and Latios in Ultra Balls, iirc.

Ummm...about that jazz fanart...I'm going to be so busy during the next few weeks that I won't have time to do much of anything. Literally. Sorry about that...

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Okay and good answer, txteclipse. Here's a new picture of Latias:
    The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Credits to Pokemon Nightmare for this picture

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years

If you're wondering about attacks, heres a few: WARNING, LOTS OF BIG IMAGES!

Spoiler:

Note: In no way is this official information, this me rationalizing based on what they can learn and what attacks their abilities in the movie resemble.

Im pretty sure they wouldnt want to harm any humans. Theyre attacks are quite unique, so any lasting injuries may serve as an instant giveaway as to their existence, and then you have scientists all over desu~! Run, Latis, run!!!1

Masterball here! ^_^ This was my second time playing through, so I specifically planned on using my Master Ball on her 8D

Haven't caught him yet... but I think itll be with an Ultra Ball, Timer Ball or the like. I swear, Latios is driving me insane. Since I have no Master Ball, I can't catch him all that easy.

His health is literally on 1. If I even try to hit him, he'll roll in a ball and die faint. I have my trusty Wobuffet upping up the turns to get more powerful on the Timer Ball. Then I have a level 70 Rayquaza to use as my ball catcher dude when Wobuffet faints. I just have no idea whether to use a Timer Ball or Ultra Ball....

I really need to catch a pokemon that learns THunder wave. Thus, upping my chances. Then maybe, one with attract. This'll be a long catching D:

KAI HELP ME!

Anyways, to the answering of the topics:

Was the Latis weak? Well, not to a great extent of "very, very weak". You guys have got to realise that the Latis did not attack anyone because they didn't want to hurt anyone. Latias would be too nice to hurt anything and Latios was only captured that easy because he was protecting his sister.

Get a Ghastly or Haunter with BOTH Hypnosis (base move) AND Mean Look (lv. 13 move). Make sure its a high level with a speed of around 150 at least, so you can attack first.

First turn, Mean Look so he can't run, then just use hypnosis to put 'im to sleep. And BAM! Your catchrate significantly improves! And as an added bonus, he'll last longer before struggling because he cant attack desu~! 8D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back