• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
Years
  • I like it! The shadows could use a bit of work, but the lineart and composition is spot-on! I'll be sure to watch you on deviantART! ;P

I have a Lati-pic that's been halfway done for the past month... I really should finish it. =_=

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
  • Nice work there, Lusankya. Is the background a brush?
    Yeah it's a brush. I got kinda lazy ^^; Never been good with backgrounds, Latis are about the only thing I can draw. =.=

I like it! The shadows could use a bit of work, but the lineart and composition is spot-on! I'll be sure to watch you on deviantART! ;P
    Yeah, trying to figure out how to do those too ^^;

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • I would really like to see your works, and I wish I can do photoshop as good as you all.

If you want to view my gallery, there's a link in my sig.

Yeah, trying to figure out how to do those too ^^;

A few tips I can give are:

Try not to shade with black. Black gives everything a fake, plasticky look. A good color to shade with is a deep purple, applied little by little. Or, you can try shading with a darker, more saturated version of the color you are shading.

When shading, use long, relaxed strokes. You had the right idea with the top of her head. But at her left shoulder, the brush strokes are a little more evident.

Don't be afraid to use the smudge tool after painting shadows! If after you're done painting, things still look a little blotchy, try smudging things with a weak, but large feathered brush.​

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • If you want to view my gallery, there's a link in my sig.

A few tips I can give are:
    Try not to shade with black. Black gives everything a fake, plasticky look. A good color to shade with is a deep purple, applied little by little. Or, you can try shading with a darker, more saturated version of the color you are shading.

When shading, use long, relaxed strokes. You had the right idea with the top of her head. But at her left shoulder, the brush strokes are a little more evident.

Don't be afraid to use the smudge tool after painting shadows! If after you're done painting, things still look a little blotchy, try smudging things with a weak, but large feathered brush.​

Good brush tips. The only problem is that I need help in transferring images to other images, kinda like to but them together. Plus the layering, I need help 'cause I'm confused.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Good brush tips. The only problem is that I need help in transferring images to other images, kinda like to but them together. Plus the layering, I need help 'cause I'm confused.

Hmm. Care to be more specific? Because I might be able to help you more if I knew a bit more about your issue. ^^;

Meanwhile, here's a manga image of Latios:

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Some moderately good news: I've actually touched Photoshop over the last few days. I might be able to get that Latias picture done! xD

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • I've seen that pic on MangaFox many months ago, and it's from the Battle Frontier right?

What I mean is, it's like copy pasting. You cut a part of a pic and transfer it to another pic. I've seen people doing that and it makes me confused.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • I've seen that pic on MangaFox many months ago, and it's from the Battle Frontier right?

Yeah it is. I actually have the entire Emerald Saga saved on my computer since the Latis play a fairly important role in the series. xD

What I mean is, it's like copy pasting. You cut a part of a pic and transfer it to another pic. I've seen people doing that and it makes me confused.

Hmm, that's not too difficult. I like to use the Polygonal Lasso Tool (you right-click on the normal Lasso Tool and switch it to that). When you use that, you can be very accurate when creating a selection around what you want to cut/copy from one picture, and then you can simply paste it into another. I might be able to do a visual tutorial if you're still confused. xD

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Whoa when was the last time I was here?!

Hey gaiz. Just popping in to say hi. What's been happening? :D

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Uhhhm. I believe the last time you were here was March 31st. Or I guess April 1st your time. o:

I dunno if much has been happening as of late. I'm almost done with my latest Lati-picture, which I'm entering into Emma's Lati-FC devID contest. :D

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Hmm, that's not too difficult. I like to use the Polygonal Lasso Tool (you right-click on the normal Lasso Tool and switch it to that). When you use that, you can be very accurate when creating a selection around what you want to cut/copy from one picture, and then you can simply paste it into another. I might be able to do a visual tutorial if you're still confused. xD

Woots! The Lasso tool? I thought it'll do nothing. I'll try it your way though. Thanks anyway.

Good luck with your contest thingy!

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Woots! The Lasso tool? I thought it'll do nothing. I'll try it your way though. Thanks anyway.

Good luck with your contest thingy!

Yeah, I find the regular Lasso Tool useless, but the Polygonal Lasso Tool I use almost every day! xD

Thanks, and for anyone who's curious, here's my entry!:

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Also viewable here.​

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I can tell your style has changed a bit since I last saw a Lati from you. But, I think I liked your old Latios' better, to be honest. D:

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • I can tell your style has changed a bit since I last saw a Lati from you. But, I think I liked your old Latios' better, to be honest. D:

Wait whut? What's different about Latios? In that last one I did of Volta and Pairo, Pairo seemed obese. D: Unless you're talking about that sketch I did of Latios between then and now, then yeah, that is my favorite Latios pic so far. ¦D

All of my more recent Latios seem really pudgy (both of the time's I've drawn Pairo), and in that sketch and in this picture, they seem a little better.

HAY THANKS FOR REMINDING ME, I was gonna replace the current Lati Fanclub picture at the first post with this one.
    The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Yeah, I'm talking about those random sketches you did of Latios.

Haha, that's kinda funny. You draw Latias too thin and Latios too fat. d:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back