• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Leafy Forest [The Grass-Type Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    ~The Leafy Forest~

[The Grass Pokemon Fan Club]

Owner: Meganium90

Co-Owner: Anastasia.R

Welcome one and all...to a magical land, called The Leafy Forest. It is a large, green forest, filled with trees, wild flowers, and of course, home to fans of Grass Pokemon. Whether you love every grass-type from Bulbasaur to Virizion (like me, I adore ALL), or just a casual fan and like a few here and there. This is the club for you. Bring your watering cans, and solar energy, because we'll need LOTS OF IT. :D

Cool! A Grass-type fan club! I'd like to--
    Wooooah there. First of all, I need to go over some RULES here.

~ALL POKECOMMUNITY RULES APPLY HERE...as well as Pokemon Group rules.
    ~No spam. Spam is not cool, yo.
    ~Pleeeease stay on topic. If the topic becomes "dead" for a day or so, feel free to bring up a new topic.
    You don't have to wait for myself or the co-owner to bring up a topic!
    ~Flaming and/or trolling will not be tolerated.
    ~and when we mean flaming, we also mean fire. Grass-types hate fire.
    ~Most importantly, HAVE FUN.

So Megan, how do I sign up? I'd like to join your awesome club!
    Simple. Just fill out this short form. All fields are required. Incomplete forms will deny access to the club.

Spoiler:

Partner Pokemon? Awesome! How many can I choose? Can I choose a legendary?
    For partner Pokemon, you can choose up to two.

Partner Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Grass-Type Memberlist
    Spoiler:

Questions? Comments? Suggestions?
    Don't hesitate to VM or PM me, Meganium90. My mailboxes are always open for any input!

Topics!~
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    YAY NEW CLUB HI MEGAN

Username: TheSmartOne
    Partner Pokemon: Breloom

My absolute favorite grass-type is Breloom! "What?!" you exclaim. "Not Pansage?! I thought you loved Dent!" Well yes but that does not make me absolutely adore Pansage above Breloom. It has always served me well and it's kind of awkwardly adorable. :3

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Joining.
    Username: Spinosaurus
    Partner Pokemon: Breloom.

What's your favorite all-time favorite grass type?
    Breloom. It was always Breloom. Not only is it adorable, but it's extremely effective in battle with unique sets. I really like it's typing, too, since I love both Grass (obviously lol) and Fighting.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    THIS CLUB WAS FINALLY MADE :D

Username: zappyspiker
    Partner Pokemon: Breloom Toooo hard, But since I'm allowed two, I choose Chikorita and Treeko

What's your all-time favorite grass-type?
    Favourite grass type of ALL TIME... too hard to say. Out of all the grass type starters, both Chikorita and Treeko are my favorites with Snivy and Bulbasaur comin a close second. Legendary favorite would have to be Celebi, probably because it was in one of my favorite pokemon movies (4ever). Apart from those few, my favorite non-starter and legendary would have to be Breloom (Yea like the two above xD)
    I really loved Kenny's Breloom he used in the contests in Sinnoh

It's awesome energy ball :3

clacla$$$

Back in business ~
    Years
    Oh, cool, I want in xD
    Username: clacla$$$
    Partner Pokemon: Roserade
    Topic Answer: I think mine is Roserade ever since Pokemon Platinum, since it was the best addition to my team, ever since it was a Budew.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Welcome aboard, you guys!

My all-time favorite grass-type? It's really, really, really, really obvious.
    Spoiler:

I really like Meganium ever since I first evolved my Chikorita. Casey's Meganium is my absolute favorite in the anime. It's so pretty, strong, and had a great grass moveset! No grass-type Pokemon would top Meganium.

Leavanny comes in a close second, however. Ever since I evolved my Swadloon at L26, I used it against a few trainers, and I fell in love with it. <3

Skip Class

Years
    Omg I loved Casey's Meganium when it was a Chikorita. It was so cute when it battle against Ash's Charizard. Though I thought it was pretty cool how we got to see it evolve through the episodes which we don't see happen as often any recurring minors characters - They just come back and 'Wow! Your ___ evolved"

Though with Casey's Chikorita, really loving the headband :3

Tails05

It's Electric!
    Years
    I love grass types! They're so grassy and naturey. :3

Username: Tails05
    Partner Pokemon: Shaymin Sky Forme and Snivy <3

What is your all time favorite Grass type?
    SHAYMIN. By far. He's my favorite Pokemon of all, he just so awesome. <3
    I also love Snivy, he's cute and I love his personality.:P

Skip Class

Years
    What is your all time favorite Grass type?
    SHAYMIN. By far. He's my favorite Pokemon of all, he just so awesome. <3

Almost forgot about Shaymin, It's pretty cute but it doesn't come into my top favorites of grass types. Though really like it cause it's a hedgehog pokemon and I had a small obsession with sonic as a kid. So when I saw Shaymin for the first time I was all "HEDGEHOG POKEMON"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    GRASS FANCLUB? YES PLEASE!

Username: BinaryPeaches
    Partner Pokemon: hard choice. Uhm uhm... I'll go with Lucia the Bellossom. n_n <3
    Topic Answer (If applicable): Favorite grass type? Oh god uhmmm. Bulbasaur, Bellossom, and Shaymin would have to be my top three, followed by Lilligant, Cherrim, Chikorita, Grovyle, Torterra... yeah.

Years
    I am all VERY disappointed in ALL OF YOU.
    Where's that Grovyle love? ;__;
    YOU SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED! ASHAMED I TELL YOU! Except Meganim90, for having a Grovyle in the first post. c:
    Anyway:
    Username: Anastasia.R
    Partner Pokemon: Grovyle
    Topic Answer (If applicable): ...My all time Favorite Grass type Pokemon, huh? Let's answer this with some pictures.

Yeah. I think you all know what it is.

Yes, I know a COMPLETE SHOCKER, ISN'T IT?

I love it's character role in PMD Time/Darkness/Sky, and Ash's Grovyle was pretty awesome. v..v He has that cool attitude thing going on. Plus, I love the expressions it makes when it's not acting cool. xD Yeah, I just really love the character Grovyle is, on anime or in games. c: Though, I like the Grovyle in PMD because of his determination for a better and brighter future. =] ALSO, HE WAS SO COOL BEING A TIME GEAR THIEF.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I added a Grovyle in the first post for a reason, Ana. xD

Anyways, for those who have just joined, welcome to the forest!

Don't have much exposure to the 4th gen, but Shaymin looks like a pretty cool legendary-type Pokemon, aside from Celebi and Virizion.

We'll talk legendaries pretty soon in the group...first, we're gonna talk about dual-type combinations in grass-type pokemon, which is now our new topic. :)

Which dual-type combination do you prefer? Grass/Poison? Grass/Flying? Grass/Fighting? etc.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Which dual-type combination do you prefer? Grass/Poison? Grass/Flying? Grass/Fighting? etc.
    I'm a huge fan of Grass/Fighting. But only because of Breloom and Virizion. It does resist a lot of common types, including the famous Ground and Rock coverage. I don't like that 4x flying weakness though. :<

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I added Ana to my list of favorites, Ana! . . . Wait. xD /added Grovyle to list of favorites, yeah.

Well, the first thing that came to my mind was 'there's a grass/flying'? but then I remembered Jumpluff, Shaymin Skye etc etc. xD When it comes to dual typing though, I've always liked the Grass/Fighting typing. Both of the Pokemon who does have that typing (Breloom and Virizion) are snazzy grass types, and I just wished I've gotten to use them more. I've always liked the Grass/Water dual typing as well, and the Grass/Flying. Grass, Water, and Flying are my top three favorites types, so I guess those would be self explanatory. n_n

Years
    I can join? :D

Username: ZachLMedia
    Partner Pokémon: you know which ones I want xD Snivy and Servine :3

Topic Answer: Even though neither of my partners contain the type I choose, I choose grass/flying. It can act sort of as a double advantage when supposedly your Pokémon was grass/flying and the foe only had just grass.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Grass-fighting! It's just so awesome <3 <3 I don't really know much for the stats & hate the 4x Flying weakness, but I've had Breloom that can punch out Swellow before being hit at a fairly equal level so yeah. ^_^

Years
    There's a ton of Grass/Poison and Grass/Flying. There's only two Grass/fighting pokemon. xD Well, on that list of Secondary type Pokemon. Out of those three combinations, I would have to say Grass/Posion. Not a huge fan of Brelooms, so eh. The Grass/Flying type Pokemon are cool, but Roserade's line and Ivysaur are two other grass type favorites of mine. =]

Cool, right? I always wanted one when D/P was out. <3 Then, I got one later on, woo hoo!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Other than Bulbasaur and Roserade, I don't think I've used many of the other Grass/Poison types. xD I prefer Bellossom over Vileplume, and I'm never really too sure about Bellsprout line. I have used the line before in my Blue game, and it did a pretty good job. However, I adore Roserade after the help it gave me in defeating Volkner on Platinum. If it wasn't for Toxic Spikes I would have been a goner. xD;

Face it Tara you love all the combinations.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back