• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Leave/Return/New Username Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    So uhhh... hey.

It's been about.. what? Four, five months? Maybe even longer since I was really emotionally absent before I properly stepped down.

I was going through a lot pre-covid and since the whole world started falling apart I similarly had a breakdown to match that I'm still dealing with the fallout of to this day (including but not limited to two deaths and a case of covid in my immediate family and two others being hospitalized amidst what decidedly has to be the worst mental health state I've ever been in that put me in OPT)... but I just miss everyone so, so much. I miss feeling like a part of a community and I miss playing games and chatting and drawing with fellow PC members. I miss my friends and I want to see what new shiny Pokemon you've all caught! And all your ACNH islands! And all the new cards you've gotten and art you've created! I just.. miss everything about PC and my heart hurts that I've allowed -- for the third time in my PC career -- my declining health to interfere with my ability to remain a member of this forum.

I'm sorry to everyone I ghosted, or who were relying on me for something before I vanished, or to anyone who I let down. :(

I can't promise I'll be as active as I ever was because I simply don't know the future. But.. I want to at least try.

Thanks for listening to my TED talk.

I MISSED YOU JO! <3
    I'm so sorry for you loss, I'm here if you want to talk. Keep your head up!

Years
  • So uhhh... hey.

It's been about.. what? Four, five months? Maybe even longer since I was really emotionally absent before I properly stepped down.

I was going through a lot pre-covid and since the whole world started falling apart I similarly had a breakdown to match that I'm still dealing with the fallout of to this day (including but not limited to two deaths and a case of covid in my immediate family and two others being hospitalized amidst what decidedly has to be the worst mental health state I've ever been in that put me in OPT)... but I just miss everyone so, so much. I miss feeling like a part of a community and I miss playing games and chatting and drawing with fellow PC members. I miss my friends and I want to see what new shiny Pokemon you've all caught! And all your ACNH islands! And all the new cards you've gotten and art you've created! I just.. miss everything about PC and my heart hurts that I've allowed -- for the third time in my PC career -- my declining health to interfere with my ability to remain a member of this forum.

I'm sorry to everyone I ghosted, or who were relying on me for something before I vanished, or to anyone who I let down. :(

I can't promise I'll be as active as I ever was because I simply don't know the future. But.. I want to at least try.

Thanks for listening to my TED talk.

I've missed you so much!!! I'm so sorry to hear about the losses in your family. Sending you love!!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I just.. miss everything about PC and my heart hurts that I've allowed -- for the third time in my PC career -- my declining health to interfere with my ability to remain a member of this forum.

Serious shit happening offline is always more important than being an active presence on a website, so please don't feel guilty or anything about it (not just you, but anyone who has felt similarly).

wb =)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I literally love all of you and I feel so silly for being anxious to come back. On top of my irl issues, I lowkey feared I would face scrutiny and indifference for being so lacking in my internet presence that I let it stop me from coming home to PC. Thank you so much you guys, I didn't realize how much a warm welcome would impact me. Gettin' all emotional over here, aha..

And thank you for the condolences. They were remarkably difficult losses in my life and while I expect to grieve for a long time coming, it means the world that I still have this safe place to help cope. I always forget the good PC has done in my life.

Okay gonna cut this short before I get even MORE sappy lol.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I literally love all of you and I feel so silly for being anxious to come back. On top of my irl issues, I lowkey feared I would face scrutiny and indifference for being so lacking in my internet presence that I let it stop me from coming home to PC. Thank you so much you guys, I didn't realize how much a warm welcome would impact me. Gettin' all emotional over here, aha..

And thank you for the condolences. They were remarkably difficult losses in my life and while I expect to grieve for a long time coming, it means the world that I still have this safe place to help cope. I always forget the good PC has done in my life.

Okay gonna cut this short before I get even MORE sappy lol.

I'm so relieved you're doing better. Your quick messages about what was going on left me really worried so I'm glad you turned that corner. And yes come back :D PC is good and fun.

Years
  • Hey guys totally new here.
    Just got back into pokemon since my son started to collect the cards and watch the anime.
    I collected the cards when I was a kid but until now didn't realise it was a game 😂 😂. Now I'm hooked love setting up a battle with the wee man.
    Since we are both rookies learning the ropes I would appreciate all and any help you guys can provide.
    I've got tons of general questions and would also like someone to analyse a deck my son and I have built.
    Cheers for reading folks ☺ 👍

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey guys totally new here.
    Just got back into pokemon since my son started to collect the cards and watch the anime.
    I collected the cards when I was a kid but until now didn't realise it was a game 😂 😂. Now I'm hooked love setting up a battle with the wee man.
    Since we are both rookies learning the ropes I would appreciate all and any help you guys can provide.
    I've got tons of general questions and would also like someone to analyse a deck my son and I have built.
    Cheers for reading folks ☺ 👍

Hey there Charlie! It's always great when the little ones get you back into a franchise you thought you've long since gotten over, haha. If you want help I definitely recommend checking out our TCG section. I'm not so great with deck building personally but I can guarantee you'll find the help you need over there. Best of luck to you and your kid! :)

Years
  • Hey guys ^.^ Returning back after a couple month hiatus, also with a username change! Most people know me as Foxy(in the discord), but my username before this one was Sailor Moon or Kitsune. The Covid outbreak struck some cords and I felt it best to take some time for myself during this time while I had the luxury to work from home. I had some great and not so great moments, but I am happy to be back and start getting to a normal setting again. Thank you to those who kept in touch!! <3 PC has always felt like family to me so I'm happy to be here again (:

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey guys ^.^ Returning back after a couple month hiatus, also with a username change! Most people know me as Foxy(in the discord), but my username before this one was Sailor Moon or Kitsune. The Covid outbreak struck some cords and I felt it best to take some time for myself during this time while I had the luxury to work from home. I had some great and not so great moments, but I am happy to be back and start getting to a normal setting again. Thank you to those who kept in touch!! <3 PC has always felt like family to me so I'm happy to be here again (:

Oh so you're Foxy! Sorry, I've a dreadful time connecting Discord names to users. Sakura is a lovely username btw. <3 Welcome back!

Years
  • Oh so you're Foxy! Sorry, I've a dreadful time connecting Discord names to users. Sakura is a lovely username btw. <3 Welcome back!

Hahaha, yes it is me ^.^ If only I could have Foxy on here too but unfortunately it might never happen :P Glad to see you are back as well <3

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Hello, man has this place changed a lot. It's a bit overwhelming looking at this site now with all the things it has added. It's been 4 years since my last visit? 6 or so since I left. Have tried to return hence past visits, but honestly I was never committed to returning with a lot that went on in my life. I don't see too many familiar names so I guess a new introduction is in order.

Greetings, I am Xander. Long time Pokemon fan. I was a mod way back when when Black and White were released, left for reasons. Went to college, graduated a year ago with a Bachelor's in Accounting. Have been looking for work since, but times are rough. With new Pokemon updates on the horizon and many other things in my life slowing down, I wanted to at least try to find time and reapply myself to places and things that I used to visit frequently.

I am probably going to spend the next month figuring out all the new whatsits and howsits that have been added to the site. Never been good at sites with customizable things.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Hello, man has this place changed a lot. It's a bit overwhelming looking at this site now with all the things it has added. It's been 4 years since my last visit? 6 or so since I left. Have tried to return hence past visits, but honestly I was never committed to returning with a lot that went on in my life. I don't see too many familiar names so I guess a new introduction is in order.

Greetings, I am Xander. Long time Pokemon fan. I was a mod way back when when Black and White were released, left for reasons. Went to college, graduated a year ago with a Bachelor's in Accounting. Have been looking for work since, but times are rough. With new Pokemon updates on the horizon and many other things in my life slowing down, I wanted to at least try to find time and reapply myself to places and things that I used to visit frequently.

I am probably going to spend the next month figuring out all the new whatsits and howsits that have been added to the site. Never been good at sites with customizable things.

Welcome back! I'm sure the user interface is quite different from your last visit. There is a guide in this section that hopefully helps you navigate the community. You can find that here. If there is anything else you need help with don't hesitate to ask. Again, welcome back and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024

I hope I'm still a familiar name! Welcome back Xander. :) Good to have you back. I have to admit it's crossed my mind what you'd think about the SWSH. Hope to see you around the forums.

Sky the Shiny Vulpix

Top Percentage of Ratattas
    Years
  • I am returning after disappearing. I realize I haven't posted here much. I am interested in being apart of this forum and talking about Pokemon related things. I no longer wish to go by Enigmatic Owl as that doesn't fit who I am anymore. Please call me Sky. I'm back after disappearing for over a year. Life has been crazy for me. I hope to make some friends here.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I am returning after disappearing. I realize I haven't posted here much. I am interested in being apart of this forum and talking about Pokemon related things. I no longer wish to go by Enigmatic Owl as that doesn't fit who I am anymore. Please call me Sky. I'm back after disappearing for over a year. Life has been crazy for me. I hope to make some friends here.

Hi Sky! Welcome back to the forums! I hope you're able to find what you're looking for here. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Well, here I am again....

I keep going on hiatus because life is keeping me busy and then just popping back up after a while. I'm not even sure anyone remembers me at all to be honest, most of the people I used to talk to a lot haven't really been on Pokecommunity in a long time as well.... So like.... yeah :)

Hello again! I'm back!

Years
  • I am returning after disappearing. I realize I haven't posted here much. I am interested in being apart of this forum and talking about Pokemon related things. I no longer wish to go by Enigmatic Owl as that doesn't fit who I am anymore. Please call me Sky. I'm back after disappearing for over a year. Life has been crazy for me. I hope to make some friends here.
    Hi Sky!! Welcome back!
    Well, here I am again....

I keep going on hiatus because life is keeping me busy and then just popping back up after a while. I'm not even sure anyone remembers me at all to be honest, most of the people I used to talk to a lot haven't really been on Pokecommunity in a long time as well.... So like.... yeah :)

Hello again! I'm back!
    Hey there! I vaguely remember you from Discord aha. It took a second for my brain to start working. Welcome back as well!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Hey there! I vaguely remember you from Discord aha. It took a second for my brain to start working. Welcome back as well!!

Thanks! Quite honestly, I hardly remember anyone myself. Except maybe for Dragon, Sheep and gimmepie c.c

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back