• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The legal way!

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    I have to say no. Few years ago I bought everything but not anymore. Downloading is so easy and it's free. But when DP saga will come to Finland I'll buy it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I buy some music if I deem it worthy enough to deserve my money, mostly I just buy new albums so I can support upcoming artists. Buying an album by an old band that has since disbanded, or the members have died, I don't see the point unless it's a firm favourite that I really want in my collection. Similar reason as to why I don't bother buying films as well, because I only watch older films and don't really pay attention to recent happenings.

Years
    I own a total of three music CDs, and two of them are Christmas presents from ~12 years ago. Problem is that the better known artists already have more than enough money and the lesser known ones are extremely difficult to find outside the internet - and online banking scares the everything out of me. So, yes, i download music, but never TV shows or movies. I don't buy these either, I'm just not too interested in any.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    Personally I download everything unless the specific item encourages me to receive it legally,like a new album for my all time favorite or a band that I know but has been dead for ten year.Btw,only deserves all my attention,so yeah there you have my opinions.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I usually download with music, because I don't want the jacked up prices song-by-song, but I don't listen to full albums. With movies, I just generally...don't watch them at all. When I do it's with my bf off of his paid Netflix or a paid DVD that someone else owns. I don't buy them myself but I don't download them either. TV shows I'm the same way, I don't buy them but I don't download them either.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Used to download just about everything, until I moved ahd had to get Dialup because DSL wasn't avaliable and satellite was to expensive.

I still download stuff but its mostly smaller files. Nothing over 500 mb.

Also, I really hate Steam. I'm considering paying a online friend to download ripped/steamfree versions of some Steam games. I own physical copies of them, but Steam hates dialup.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I usually never buy whole albums. If I have a full album on my iTunes, then yeah, it was probably torrented ngl. Random singles and half of an album was probably bought with iTunes. Just fyi in case one of you guys ever like, gets on my iTunes. As if that'd happen. lol

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Now, when you guys say download, I don't know if that's download legally or download illegally. lol. :[

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I would assume it means download illegally, lol.

Years
    I download music illegaly, but if I like it, I'll still buy it ..
    Tv shows and movies i mostly watch online but I download them if i want to rewatch :)

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I buy my music on iTunes, because I feel paranoid about illegally downloading songs. >__> Like, I know it's unlikely that anyone will catch me but WHAT IF. D:

Granted, I do watch streamed TV shows like Doctor Who, and I download anime for free, but idk if that counts. xD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I've been a streamer of television since about 2004. Most of my TV watching comes from the US, and since it either takes an age to get to the UK, or doesn't arrive at all, I don't feel any guilt in streaming this way.

I used to purchase all of my my music on iTunes until Spotify came out. Now I just listen to it online, and use my iPod when I'm out of the house for whatever reason. Sometimes I'll use Grooveshark, but only if I can't find something on Spotify.

With films, I have a real issue with streaming/downloading those. The only times I've done it are when I've been completely unable to find a copy of the DVD in the UK. And it's only ever been for relatively obscure films like Harlan County USA, Long Day's Journey into Night and Safe. If there's any other way to obtain them, I'll always go that way, as I'd feel extremely guilty otherwise.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    When it comes to television, like Mr Cat Dog, I tend to download shows that take a while to reach the UK, do I'll download it illegally since I'm apparently impatient.

As for Music, I'm somewhat on the same stance as Vendak, only I'll probably download music from Itunes if I want to support the artist, or if it's actually good. If I just want to give something new a go I'll probably either stream it or download it illegally. I actually downloaded a song illegally today due to the fact that it wasn't available on the UK itunes store. :3

As for movies, I really only go to watch a movie like once in the cinema (I've gone to watch a movie multiple times before, not on the same day though), and if it's good there would be a slight chance I buy. The only DVD's I've got that haven't been given away or from when I was small are the Harry Potter series. I was actually thinking of buying a blu-ray player just to buy the blu-ray Harry series set. xD;

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I buy everything. It's not really so much for moral reasons (though it does allow me to feel like a good person :P) but more because of the fact that I have the money and I would much prefer to actually physically have a DVD in my house than just a file on a computer. Also, I buy most things in Blu-Ray now for the HD quality and I haven't seen anything anybody has downloaded that has come close to being the same quality.

As for music, I don't really listen to music that much but when I do I buy it from iTunes. I guess I just prefer that everything is legal and above-board, I feel like the products are more reliable that way.

Years
    Like Sydian, most of my albums are downloaded, but I do by most songs. I'm not a huge fan of movies, but I don't download them, TV Shows or games, although I've played Pokemon ROMs quite a bit. I do own all of the games of the ROMs I've played, though.

Back