• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link of Dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
    Mr. Mammoth, you're almost there! I enjoy your sign-up, and the whole human/stalfos idea, BUT;

If you become a stalfos at night and decide to kill the people who were your allies earlier that day, I honestly don't think you'd live very long in that RP. If we all have to gang up and kill you just to protect ourselves, something tells me you won't last. This is an issue you will have to fix, or deal with very fast.

Also, a possibility for an item would be some kind of accessory for Endo that allows him to shift between Human and Stalfos at will, and actually gives him control over it.

And shinysweety, you have until tomorrow to give a FULL Sign-Up, or your reserve will be gone.

PkMn Trainer Yellow, your reserve will go until tomorrow too. Please bring one in.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
    If he can control himself to some extent as you mentioned, then you are accepted.

IT'S THE FINAL DAY FOR RESERVES!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Name: Lynn
    Sex: Female

Weapon: Something akin to a Schiavona (A schiavona is a basket-hilted broadsword.)
    Skill: Triforce of Power, Electricity Powers, Natural Fighter
    Ally: None
    Personality: Lynn could be described as optimistic, fight prone, and yet intolerant. She prefers to solve problems by fighting, not being the best choice for puzzles and riddles and whatnot due to a tendency to occasionally overlook details. When she does have to perform mental exercises she usually does so by trial and error. She also is not very receptive to criticism, and will generally give the silent treatment when insulted. The silent treatment is however not to be taken lightly, as it is a result of her thinking words cheap, and thus an indication of her considering... alternative retorts.

Contrary to her somewhat violent nature, she is very optimistic and can be quite charismatic depending on the situation. Not one to allow herself to mope around about things she may very well be the one help kick things into gear if others are feeling blue. As one might expect however she is a somewhat impulsive sort, and is prone to facechecking potential threats. Cue Garen Lastly, Lynn prefers close combat over ranged, though she'll resort to ranged if there's a large problem with trying to get close.

Appearance: (...I lost all motivation to write this well and resorted to short paragraphs. The alternative was making my description obese. -_-)

Lynn is a 5'11'' hylian female. She sports bright green eyes and straight blonde hair that reaches down to her shoulders when not kept up. She has an athletic body build, weighing in at around 180 pounds disregarding gear. If one could see her arms, which they usually can't, they'd find several scars from various incidents lining them, seemingly brought on by sharp objects judging by their shape.

Lynn typically wears a short and black plaid skirt combined with a short sleeve, blue cloth vest layered over a long-sleeved white T-shirt. She typically wears a pair of light, cloth finger-less gloves. Her skirt is actually buckled via a rather basic looking leather buckle, black leather and gold buckle. On her feet she wears steel toe'd hiking boots of a modest leather brown color over knee high white stockings that show heavy signs of wear. When in or remotely expecting combat Lynn often wears a hat to keep her hair under wraps, said hat being a typical pointy Link hat, only a blue that matches her outer shirt.

Lynn holds herself in high regard, and would not be considered the most feminine of people attitude-wise. Her body language is rather masculine in comparison to her somewhat feminine figure. Though, on occasion she may enjoy showing off a bit of femininity. This is almost never in the midst of combat, however. Lastly, is not one for makeup or doing her nails or anything of the sort, and has a tendency to allow her hair to become somewhat messy.

Specialty: Lynn possesses the Triforce of Power, which also fuels her electricity based powers. In addition, she is very fight smart, having a quick reaction time and a good understanding of how to bring on the pain. This also makes it easier for her to learn how to use tools she hasn't used before.

Other:
    Fears: Death traps, Humiliation
    Sexual Orientation: Platonic Bisexual
    Morals: Only regrets slaying people/things she was previously friends with. Believes that the ends justify the means.
    Positive Characteristics: Honest. Skilled. Situationally charismatic
    Negative Characteristics: Situationally rude. Imprudent. Mildly prone to power tripping. Prone to overlooking details.

RP Sample: Wait, what is my character doing in the /sea/? She has a sword, not a boat! She will die! My character is apparently dealing with the rare variety of giant land octorok. (See: Ocarina of Time variant.)

...Lynn was rather disturbed at the appearance of the giant land-sea creature that had evidently decided that she was delicious. To her horror and surprise it proceeded to charge her with alarming speed for something that was supposed to be accustomed to swimming. Scrambling to put distance between herself and the creature it quickly became evident that it had no intention of stopping. Not having any idea of the Octorok's weakspot Lynn's mind raced with possible ways to defeat the creature. Her expression was full of frustration fueled anger.

Being who she was she immediately came to the conclusion that she was tired of running and needed to man up, pun intended. Stopping in her tracks she simultaneously drew her sword and turned around to face it, only to feel a suction force as the creature grew closer. She had this terrible moment of insight a moment before the creature got in range, when she started feeling herself begin to get pulled forward, that she was going to regret this. Swinging her blade she found she had a bit of difficulty keeping her balance. Despite this, she delivered a two-handed swing with the sword, using her second blade to twist it into the creature with alarming force, a technique traditionally used for defeating armored foes.

Despite this the creature's skin seemed to bend and flex under her blade as if it were more liquid than solid. Lynn emitted a rather panicked squeak as she found herself unable to retaliate a second time before losing her balance and being devoured alive. The creature would however find that she was a very feisty guest and wound up spitting a very aggravated Lynn back up after several moments, moments which seemed like forever to Lynn. Despite her position, Lynn had had the presence of mind to... leave a present for the creature that'd had the guts to eat her. pun intended. Within seconds an explosion rocked the giant octorok, bringing it down in a single hit.

Password: Heart Container

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    I have to say that I'm really anxious for this rp to start. I really like Yellow's character.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    @roen52: What about my character then? U haitin' on Endo?!
    Nah, I'm just joking xD

@Zerin: Thanks for accepting me! I'm also anxious to start!

I love Endo. Who wouldn't want to love someone who can transform into a Stalfos even if it means that you might get killed?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
    Hey, I'm excited too! And I love the characters I've seen so far! shinysweety, today is the end of your reserve, and if it's not posted by midnight, I'm afraid I can't accept you. My reasoning is, this is a team RP, and if every character isn't active, it slows everyone down.

Congrats to those accepted so far!!

Now, here's the issue: we have a decent amount of players now, but is it enough? Now, here's where I need everyone's opinion; Should we find more players or do you think we should keep it down to a smaller group of players? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

juniebug910

Dragon of Light
    Years
    Name: Lillian Manazo

Weapon: Flute-Blade. A sword disguised as a flute Lillian can play. She has named the sword Thuder Edge, in honor of it's bright sunny handle.

Skill: Lillian is one of the few people in Skyloft who is able to absorb her Loftwing into her body, enabling her to fly on her own. She can also shoot beams from her sword, even while it is a flute. Lillian also carries around a copy of the Celestial Brush from the Legend of the Sun Goddess, a story she loved as a child.

Ally: Her trusty Loftwing, ルナLuna
    Ally Appearance: ルナLuna is a dark blue Loftwing, and her feathers are yellow and white. Her tail tip is black, covered in dark ink.
    Ally Personality: ルナLuna is a sweet loftwing who loves to fly. She is VERY loyal to Lillian, and is VERY easy to befriend. A true born flyer, ルナLuna is one of the fastest Loftwings in Skyloft.
    Ally Details: At night, ルナLuna's wings glow in the dark. She can also use her tail tip to imitate Lillian's Celestial Brush.​
    Personality: Lillian LOVES to fly around on ルナLuna, and is a tomboy-ish girl. She loves to play her flute, but her REAL hobby is sword-fighting! She is very good at it as well. Though Lillian has lost some battles to higher swordsman, she always looks to the bright side. Her dream is to become the best swordsman in Skyloft!

Lillian also has a shy side to her, and like everyone, she has her fears. She is SCARED TO DEATH of Stalfoes (nudge nudge, wink wink). After almost being killed by a large group of them, whenever one is around, Lillian's instinct makes her run to the nearest large object and hide.

Appearance: Lillian wears a short sleeved silky blue dress with a yellow gem in the middle of her chest. She is about 5.3, and has eyes as blue as the night sky. Her hair is jet black, and it reaches down to the middle of her back. When it's out, at least. Lillian usually wears it is a braid. A dark blue bow keeps the braid in place.

To show her secretive side, when on a special mission, Lillian wears a spy outfit. Her "helmet" is as black as her hair. The rest of the suit is dark blue. Her shoes are a dark yellow, dispite how some people think it looks like barf. (lol!) The only things on her body showing are her eyes. The suit lets her, surprisingly though it has no airholes, breath fine.

On special occasions, Lillian dresses up fancy! She finally puts her hair down, and changes her outfit COMPLETELY. She puts on a dark blue dress with yellow ruffles, which keeps her warm if it's cold. Her shoes are yellow flats with a black moon-shaped crystal at the middle toe of each shoe. To top the outfit off, Lillian puts on a silver tiara with a gold moon crystal at the top. Yeah, pretty fancy!

Specialty: When she absorbs her Loftwing, Lillian grows ルナLuna's wings and tail out of her back. The Celestial Brush dissapears, and in turn, her tail is a substitute for the missing paintbrush of the Sun Goddess.

Other: When Lillian becomes half-Loftwing, her voice and a voice of an older girl speak when she talks. Some think that if ルナLuna could talk, the older girl voice was what she would sound like.

RP Sample: Ok, so I'm facing a giant octapus. Yeah, I know how this is gonna go down.

Lillian jumped when a rock was thrown at her. She turned around, expecting one of the neighborhood thugs looking back. No. An Octorok. "Great, just great. A giant Octorok in the most peaceful area ever," She grumbled as she called her Loftwing to her. ルナLuna seemed to know what to do.

The blue Loftwing flew up high, then darted back down when she was high enough and hit the octipus right in the eye. When the enemy was temporarily blinded, Lillian struck. She ran up fast, pulled out Thunder Edge, and slashed at the Octorok. "Boo-yah!" she yelled, as her enemy was almost defeated.

But that slimy sea devil wasn't ready to give up yet. It shot a HUGE rock right in Lillian's direction. Fortunetly, ルナLuna grabbed the girl and flew up high. A light then enveloped the two, and they fused together. "Power Slash!" Lillian yelled as she drew a straight ink line with her tail. The Octorok was split straight in two, and vanished in a puff of purple smoke as Lillian landed as defused from ルナLuna. "Phew! Thank goodness that is over." Her Loftwing nodded in agreement.

Password: Heart Container

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    Flute-Blade. I now that I'm not the only person who likes the idea of combining a sword with a flute.

As for the amount of players, I think that what he have at the moment is a pretty decent amount but does it create a balanced well organized team capable of saving their worlds? That depends on what you think, Zerin. I for one would love to see all ten slots get filled just for the variety of character flavors(Sorry, emulated Cilan there for a second.). How about you accept ten but start out with this small group?

Dawn

Years
    @Zerin: The smaller the group, the less chance of innactivity spiting us. I'll give you this advise. In a roleplay where all the characters are together all the time, inactivity can have a very, very heavy impact and can easily kill a roleplay if left to run rampant.

The other solution if we decide to go with more people is to enforce a "You've got to post or your turn is skipped" policy so that the roleplay does not come to a screeching hault.

Also, I'm so glad you guys like my SU. It took me a lot longer than usual because I usually create my characters /before/ I decide to join a roleplay and then adapt them to the roleplay as needed. |D This one however was created fresh. (Given, that's probably because I've never made a Zelda OC before.) I'm actually kind of surprised at all the positive reactions. :P I'm slightly curious as to what it is you guys like, given you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. x3

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
    Marin, your character is all-around amazing. We do need a tomboy bold thick-headed fight-first-talk-later kind of character. Expect some criticism from Kiba, as well as a few lectures on patience... XD

Well, given the feedback, I think we'll close up shop right here and get on to it! Sometime today or tomorrow, I'll try to post an IC thread, and hopefully Skymin will be quick to accept it! I plan to see you all there!!

Juniebug, you're accepted, but you may want to tone down your character a tad. Flying is something that could make many 'puzzles' fall flat on their, erm... Faces... As for the flute sword, you may reconsider. Since your weapons will not be given to you right off the bat, and there should be separate musical instruments later in the story, so this combination may be an issue. It may work if the flute has no power whatsoever. As for the beam attacks... Pushing it, maybe a tiny bit?

Mammoth, I didn't mention this earlier, but I remembered it; I don't think it would work very well if your character had extra swords stashed away.

Dawn

Years
    Thank you kindly Zerin. :P Always wanted to try this.

Anyway, some thoughts regarding my character. I don't play the "Too heavy to wield with one hand" trope, (because that's not how two handed swords actually work) so she'll be able to wield the blade one handed and even fully utilize a shield if you give her one. The drawback is of course that using two hands offers vastly more strength to every blow at... no real cost other than a greater risk of losing balance.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
    And the disability in which you can't use any hand-operated (and pretty much every item is like that) item without sheathing the sword; and the loss of shield usage while using both hands. But yes, we might as well compare this to Giant's Knife or Biggoron Sword.

Anyways, I posted the IC, the rest is up to Skymin.

If it does come up, I ask that no one posts in it until I've added Kiba's intro.

WHILE WE WAIT, how about this:

What is your favorite Zelda game of all time, of all time!!?

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
    Of all time you say? Well I could make OoT joke here but I'm not going to, instead, Imma do this:

*inhales deeply*
    MIIIIIIIIIIIINNNIIISSSSSSSHHHHH CCCAAAAAAAAAAPP!!!!1!!1!!!11!1!!1

And now to sell out. I actually have a Zelda Fanclub together with GameOver1375 so if you wanna join, feel free! Granted it hasn't been active for some time, but I'm going to post a new disscussion subject soon. SOON.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    My favorite? That's probably a three way between OoT, TP, and WW. They each appealed to me equally in their own little ways.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
    My personal opinion, A Link to the Past, and Twilight Princess. A Link to the Past was one of the greatest Zelda games to ever come out, being one of the over-head view classics. And Twilight Princess called out to me in a way that I'd rather not bore anyone with details about.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
    THE IC THREAD HAS APPEARED, AROUND 6:39p MY TIME. DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU'VE READ THIS.

Just a few notes on your first posts.
    ___

Everyone has to make an intro post; then I will post. After my second post, the order will be free. However, do not let our group get ahead and leave anyone behind; and I also don't want to see two people filling an entire page without other people posting.

Everyone will have their weapon when they appear, and no equipment. However, you will not have your weapon a very long time; you'll see why when it happens.

Just in case you guys don't notice, there is a link in my intro IC post (its the only part underlined).

This is optional, but would you guys read my intro post, and give me your insight?

Also, for humor purposes, I think one of you should have a male fairy for an ally. If you read my intro post, or my ally's description on my sign-up, you'll understand why. If any of you decides to do so, you will not have to add that part of a sign-up; just make it noted within your into post the fairy's name, appearance, and at least a basic idea of the fairy's personality.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2012
    Hiya! Has the time to sign up come and gone? I'd really love to join in if you'll have me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back