• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda Fan Club V 2.0

Mitchman

Banned
Years
All good sites. Xept the fisrt one. it gave me page not found everywhere XD
Anyway those sites are god but its not good until you give the sites i clicked a go.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Minish Cap is first? ._.

As far as I've read (on the Zelda Universe forum, there's a whole theory board thing, explaining different types of timeline) Ocarina of Time was first. Then, there's the split timeline nonsense, the child timeline splits off to Majora's Mask, then I think to Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass? I dunno, something about how the maps are different and how some of the maps of hyrule end in water while others, kinda like Twilight Princess', goes off to more land.

*runs off to read*

Ok, accourding mostly to developers, it's Minish Cap that starts it. But, for theorists, it's Ocarina of Time. The timeline is pretty much screwed anyways, Nintendo needs a miracle to patch it all up.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
@Mitchman Is, I've been to those sites before.

@Minku., Zelda games are developed in reverse. Game play and game design is first and then they come up with a story and scenarios to wrap it all together afterwards. Eiji really wants to unite the timeline, fill in the gaps, and give the series deeper storylines but...for every attempt he makes Miyamoto comes in and has them dumb it down and change it. I think Miyamoto should move on and just leave the series to Eiji. And, I think theorists are split. It mostly comes to your interpretation of the ending of TMC.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
@Minku., Zelda games are developed in reverse. Game play and game design is first and then they come up with a story and scenarios to wrap it all together afterwards. Eiji really wants to unite the timeline, fill in the gaps, and give the series deeper storylines but...for every attempt he makes Miyamoto comes in and has them dumb it down and change it. I think Miyamoto should move on and just leave the series to Eiji. And, I think theorists are split. It mostly comes to your interpretation of the ending of TMC.

I've never finished it, all I know is Ezlo leaves Link... I think. As much of a Zelda fan I am, I'm pretty poor on the gameplay side. I've finished Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass and I'm playing Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time now. I've played a little of Link to the Past, Link's Awakening and Minish Cap. I have emulators of the previous three, and it's just not the same as the real thing.

Miyamoto created the series, didn't he? He should get some say, but since he's mixing everything up, who knows? What's better, filling the gaps or a more interesting storyline?

Oh, also, I have something I found in the new Australia and New Zealand Magazine that was released on the 15th. It's mostly speculation, but it's interesting none-the-less.

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/future-zelda/87952-first-person-sparring.html

That's my thread I posted on it. ZU is on some downtime at the moment, so it doesn't work right now.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Wow wise words. But in the beggining it was stated there was a hero before link in minish cap simmilar to him so he could be maybe 2nd or 3rd.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I don't understand how in Wind Waker, Majora's Mask was spoken of, how when the Hero went into a different realm, or an alternate universe (whatever), the triforce was split into eight parts. I mean, that's definetly speaking of Majora's Mask, yet Wind Waker is on the adult split timeline! ~_~ It's very confusing.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Minku its all very very very confusing. Until eiji finally tells Sigeru to kick the bucket and decides to build a timeline for the whole series and release a super anthology version with all the games reworked in a way to have em pass through each other in a certain time flow im afraid we will never know.
Edit: Quick fact here but it might be because it started out as a realistic looking sequel to MM but then was started anew to the thing we know today.

Double post for some juicy theory timeline. Well as we know the first hero link was capless. So that would mean we havent had a game based on that(i really want a wii version of that to happen with picoris and all) so that would mean minish cap having no other recrod would be second as the hat is incorporated from there on. Among the times a lot of events happen and i cannot pinpoint the middle of everything but i could say that Alttp could be very well the final game as in the end it says the master sword can finally sleep....forever! And i think that links awakening could possibly a sequel to seasons/ages as link finally sets off for his grand adventures at the see. But then wait since Alttp would be the final that would meaan the legend of zelda and legend of zelda 2:adventures of link would come third last andf second last respectively. All this is very confusing but im going to work on it.

Last edited:

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
Years
Triforce89 made the timeline, or his theory I think, a looong time ago. No need for a new one.

The Zelda timeline doesn't bother me. Shiggy is doing what he wants. =]

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
(To clarify... back around the release of TWW, online Zelda communities were active with many timelines and theories. I was a big figure on the forum I frequented, but the idea of a Zelda timeline can be traced back to the original Zelda Headquarters site)

Now, on the subject of a FPS Zelda. I think FPS is the wrong term. What Miyamoto seems to describe enjoying (despite calling it a first-person shooter) is a first-person adventure (or FPA) much like the Metroid Prime series. The basic idea of a first-person game. Not necessarily the shooting.

"I've always been into first person shooter (FPS) style games, 3D games in which you can walk around freely and see things from your own point of view.

I think it is more comfortable, more natural. We are creatures of habit. We don't look at our feet when we're walking around, and we're always trying desperately to take in the scenery while we're living our lives. So, even in these games I want people to be able to get really into the 3D geography, so it feels like you're really there, since I think it's a really natural thing to be able to look around while you're walking. At first when we were developing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, I even proposed using a first-person perspective.

I thought that the FPS system would be the best way of enabling players to take in the vast terrain of the Hyrule Field. Besides, by not having the player's character on the screen, we can spend more time and machine power on creating enemies and the environments.

Well, although I had originally planned to make a game with a first-person perspective, the idea of having a child Link in the game was born, and then it became necessary for the hero to be seen on the screen.

So, we decided to have the hero visible in Ocarina of Time, but I had always thought that FPS games which you could operate from your own perspective were really interesting, so I was proactively supporting such projects like the GoldenEye 007 game."

And on Link's Crossbow Training...

"We argued that it would've been kind of strange for us to give Link a gun, so I proposed a sort of Terminator style story about a time warp from the future, but they [the development team] vetoed that idea immediately. You remember the Hidden Village in Twilight Princess? Well, I personally love that spaghetti western-like setting, and we re-created the scene because we wanted people to be able to find joy in FPS games. I also thought that if you were able to use the Wii Zapper with it, it would be even more fun. So we finally decided to give Link a crossbow, but the problem then became what to do about rapid-fire capabilities. Shooting a gun in machine gun style rapid-fire is really satisfying, but having a crossbow that was able to shoot rapid-fire seemed a little unrealistic. But in the end we kind of decided, well, it's really just for fun, so whatever, and we gave it rapid-fire capabilities.

Well, shall we develop the next Zelda game with Link holding a Wii Zapper, and not a sword? It would be easier for us developers as we do not have to let Link change weapons all the time."

That last bit was said in jest as he then added "Well, that could be a problem, couldn't it?" while continuing to laugh.

First-person games aren't too popular in Japan and that was the main reason behind Link's Crossbow Training. Miyamoto wanted to show them that FPS is fun.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
T-T-T-TRIFORCE?! You work for nintendo and on the zelda develoment team? Sweet jesus i did not know that. Or you are saying it like your on the team and you know nothing. But if you are give us info now on anything in the future. Anyway yeah but while FPA is kinda like your in the game it makes it wierd to be trying to hookshot something or throwing a bomb and such. Just not natural for certain games you get me?

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
T-T-T-TRIFORCE?! You work for nintendo and on the zelda develoment team? Sweet jesus i did not know that. Or you are saying it like your on the team and you know nothing. But if you are give us info now on anything in the future. Anyway yeah but while FPA is kinda like your in the game it makes it wierd to be trying to hookshot something or throwing a bomb and such. Just not natural for certain games you get me?

I think he may have been copypasta from an article. And if you notice, the quotation marks start at "I've always been into first person shooter (FPS) style gam... and end at ...tively supporting such projects like the GoldenEye 007 game." ALTHOUGH IF HE DID, I'D BE STRANGLING HIM RIGHT AT THIS VERY MOMENT, DEMANDING INFORMATION.

Here we go~

The Official Australia & New Zealand Nintendo Magazine said:
The Legend of Zelda
Proper sword fighting in the next Zelda game

Shigeru Miyamoto recently stated that the Zelda development team is currently working on a new game, so naturally we'd love to see them making use of the Wii MotionPlus. Of course, the main aspect of the game that simply has to have Wii MotionPlus control is sword fighting. It'd be nice if the main game stuck to the normal Zelda gameplay, but for some battles, you can switch to a first-person perspective, giving you full control over where Link swings his sword. The fencing game in Wii Sports Resort is a fantastic example of how this could work. Add movement with the Nunchuck 's analogue stick and you've got the Zelda swordfighting action that gamers have been dreaming of.
Of course, Link has more at his disposal than his trusty sword, and while some of his weapons won't really benefit much from the added abilities of Wii MotionPlus, others will be greatly improved. Imagine chucking a boomerang by actually making a throwing action (think the frisbee game in Wii Sports Resort), or chucking bombs with just the right motion.

I think I'd rather being able to switch between first person and back view. Like, being able to walk while "C scoping" or whatever. Kinda like how Epona can move while you push c, but you can't control her, which I kinda get annoyed about, and run into walls while I'm shooting someone with an arrow.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Lol I used to have some slight contact with a few official translators of the Zelda games, but nothing beyond that and that was years ago.

Yes, that was quoted from Miyamoto during one of those "Iwata Asks" segments that you can find on the official Wii website. This session was about Link's Crossbow Training.

Wii Motion Plus came to be because Nintendo's developers simply found that there was stuff they wanted to do that they could not do with the existing technology. Swordplay in the Zelda series seems like a strong contender to me - especially since the game has been in production since 2006. Surely they must have toyed with the idea by then.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Waha i knew it. The old chaps at ninty surely will show us this new game this year and hopefully its with optional FPA style. Anyway whats new for me? The year. And im dying from laughter as im hearing my granny sayong the germans are attacking run for the hills hide our jewish friends while hearing all the ilegal fireworks go off. And almost 10 hit my balcony and 3 hit some cars. Its a new year and we are starting it with a big bang boom.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Yeah, Happy New Year, guys~

Two years is like, an enternity for game development. I hope we hear something about it soon. Like, a name, or something x_c

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Can it be lets make name time?
Legend of Zelda: The Mirror of Wishes
Legend of Zelda: The Crystal Castle
Legend of Zelda: The Temple of doom? LOL i did this for humor
Legend of Zelda: The Mirror of Twilight(i really want a sequel or something connected to TP)

I cant think of anything not cheesy. I found a real good title on youtube:
The axis of shadows.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Miyamoto views Crossbow Training as Twilight Princess' side-quest/sequel - as Majora's Mask is to Ocarina of Time. So, we're probably out of luck there

Back