• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • Well, Miyamoto doesn't care too much about the story aspect of the games. My understanding is he had them cut the text because he felt the plot was too complex for a wider audience.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • Well, Miyamoto doesn't care too much about the story aspect of the games. My understanding is he had them cut the text because he felt the plot was too complex for a wider audience.
    He did in fact say that the plot was too complex, but the inclusion of Seven Sages and loss of language makes me believe that "complex" plot was the Imprisoning War.
    And Miyamoto cares a lot about the story aspect...just of the individual games. He doesn't really care about the overall story or timeline.
    It seems like every time Eiji Aonuma takes a step to make the timeline clearer, Shigeru walks all over him and dumbs it down.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Well, even for the individual games story and scenarios come toward the end of development.

But yeah, anytime Aonuma tries to advance the series (post MM) somewhat Miyamoto shows up with his "upending the tea table" nonsense.

But, do we take removed text as canon? Like the example you provided or the slightly extended ending of TP. It's not quite like a director's cut of a movie, but rather like looking at a workprint or the final script to see what was left on the cutting room floor. Bonus material.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • I'm not counting the removed text as canon. I'm just using it to show that they likely had he intention of making FSA the Imprisoning War early on, and were forced to scrap it.
    I still firmly believe in OoT as the Imprisoning War, or more correctly the Seal War [damn you NoA]

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Shortly after the release of TWW, I started to think that the Sealing War was a very long period of time that encompassed several events. OoT being one such event. Came up with that idea from some lines spoken by the King in TWW. But, that was back in the single timeline days. Not sure if would still hold now with a split timeline.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • Shortly after the release of TWW, I started to think that the Sealing War was a very long period of time that encompassed several events. OoT being one such event. Came up with that idea from some lines spoken by the King in TWW. But, that was back in the single timeline days. Not sure if would still hold now with a split timeline.
    Do you have a current theory on what the Seal War is?

To ChronicNightmare: We're discussing the "Seal War" or the backstory of aLttP.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • hedz.jpg

I post it for the lulz.

I never cared about the timeline. It wasn't important to me.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • @Erimgard: I don't have anything concrete. I haven't finalized my own timeline yet. But, OoT and FSA would be involved.

The timeline is the only part of the fandom that interests me, Dara. Cosplay, fanart, fanfics, RPs, etc... I just don't get it all.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • Lmao, I know daaat. I was just saying, or trying to say, I wasn't going to get involved with the timeline plot.

So right now, my brother and I are trying to beat Ganon in Ocarina for the second time. Everything is so briiiight.

Rinku

Is back for "REVENGENCE."
    Years
  • uh... sooooooo... shouldn't there be a new topic now........? i've been doing research for the last 2 days about this whole "timeline" thing, and it's making my head spin. @_@ and yes, it is an important topic so a big Zelda fan (such as myself) would be trapped in her (my) room, GOING CRAZY!!!!!

*breath in, breath out* whoo... okay... so, yeah... Vanilla Kitsune has the idea.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • The timeline is something that intrigues me... Like I said before, I really forget details if I don't play games more often, and some details just get lost in my mind. It's now that I have played the 'greater' games like Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, (the greater is not right, I know, but OoT is still one of the most awesome games around) I see links with other games that I haven't seen before when I was still a n00b n the Zelda Universe. I want to play some games again... like Minish Cap. D:
    As for what the creators say, I don't have a clue. D: I once read an interview with the creators about OoT in a special booklet that I found on the internet. in one of the photos one of the men was wearing a tie of Pokemon
    I wish I could theorise like that about the Timeline... If I can theorise about DNA, I should be able to theorise about Zelda too, no? D: I'm just missing the details and the knowledge of most games. ;_;
    Okay, that's enough about the me being sorry for myself rant. >_> I'm not like that. XD

As for a new topic, I can't find one at the moment. I've been zelda-less for 10 days now. XD I gotta get back into it. xD

Rinku

Years
  • omg... 10 DAYS!!!???? how could you survive? lmao (this is coming from someone that has no life whatsoever) ^-^ I have an idea! NEW TOPIC: if you were an existing Zelda character, who do you think you would be? Judging on the personality. (It's kinda stupid... but, WE'RE DESPERATE!)

see what i mean by i have no life? lol

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • Aw no more theorizing for me? :P

A couple characters I'd be:
    Kafei [Majora's Mask] For some reason I've just always thought he was awesome.
    ERROR [Adventure of Link] ...do I even need a reason?

Rinku

Years
  • really...? well, all of my friends think i would be Red (FSA manga) well, look at my avatar and user title ;3 lol. though i think i'm a little more like Midna... (mah fav Zelda character, aside from WolfLink) we're both half-evil... *evil smirk* lawl.

btw, does anyone wanna see the top 10 list of Zelda chars my friends and I made? someone tell me if you want to see it. (maybe, we of the club can whip up a list of our own) but it's a little early for another subject change, no?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • That's okay for me. :o
    This club hasn't got a poll yet. So perhaps we can make one of the most popular characters of the zelda club. Like everone makes a top 10 and 10 or 20 most picked people get a place in the poll. :3 good idea for later.

I don't know who I would be. I'll give it a thought and see who I can come up with.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Which Zelda character would I be?

I'll probably be that Astral Observatory Guy in Majoras Mask. I think, cos he's smart and is old, whilst I'm smart and I act older as I am sometimes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back