• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
  • I'm not quite sure if there's anyone I'd be, but Ilia is crossing my mind for some reason that I don't know for sure...

Rinku

Is back for "REVENGENCE."
    Years
  • It's pronounced as Ilia? Dang, from the game, I always thought it was Llia... That's why it sounded rediculous to put 2 Ls in the beginning... ^^; And to Erimgard (forgot to say this in my last post, but...)
    Of course you can still theorize, (i have no control over that) when people send you PMs like you said ^^

~peace l\_/l

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • So my post really didn't come through, hu?

@SakiBreez: Yeah, I think so. =o I always pronounce it as /Aai-lee-yah/ ( like Ylia, the name I gave to my OC) or /EE-lee-yah/. depends on what I feel like saying. XD

@Dogboy: WHAT DVD's? O_O

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
  • You really Didn't know? there was a Zelda Cartoon back in 1989. This series was 1 of the Only 2 were Link actually Talks!

Yes, you heard me right! Link TALKS! the other area were Link talked was the HORRIBLE Cd-i games!

In fact, there were a Total of 3 DVD's Published! one of them was called Ganon's Evil Tower. and was released on July 22nd, 2003.

The second one was titled Havoc in Hyrule and Released on September 27th, 2005 containing 5 more episodes!

the company that did these first to DVD was Allumniation Filmworks.

However, the 3rd DVD with all Zelda Episodes was released on October 18, 2005 by Shout! Factory.

Now, when did these shows air?

well, in North American, The Zelda cartoons were first shown every Friday as part of The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!

However, what about when it aired in the UK?

The Zelda cartoons were originally shown in the UK on the early morning TV show, TV-am, in the early 1990s, they were shown during the half-term holidays around 9am. They were never commissioned for a second rerun. They were also shown on CITV in the 1990s within The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!, they also were shown on Channel 4 on its Sunday morning kids line up that included the likes of Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors.

Unfortunately, if you live in the UK, You're OUT OF LUCK! Shout Factory was unable to distribute the DVD in the UK or in Region 2 format DVD, as it does not have the licensing rights in the UK. They only hold the rights for the Region 1 release.

But, there were VHS tapes released:

n 1992, Tempo Video released two videos with three episodes per tape. The Legend of Zelda shared a tape with Captain N: The Game Master, which included the episode Underworld Connections.

There was a total of 13 episodes. It was supposed to be continued, but it was canceled along with The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!

If you ask me, it was a shame that the canceled the show! If you search Youtube, you might see a couple of Episodes.

I have the Ganon's Evil Tower DVD

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Oh, that one. D: Well, I heard of it, but I have not seen it... x3

That's okay, Dara. :3

Does no one want to join the Fushigi Yuugi fanclub? I need members. D:

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah, Ganon is Cool.

But the Strange thing is, the Fairy is named Sprite.

Link doesn't get a Fairy until OoT, and the Fairy he gets is Navi.

Unless..

The fairy that comes Ever now and then in the First LoZ Games is That Fairy.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Spryte was created for the cartoon by the writers. Her design was probably based off of official art and the sprite from the two NES games.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • It's a campy cartoon show from the late 80s. So, don't expect anything epic. It was made back when there wasn't much to the series. Those first two games, this show, and a brief comic book (based on the show). It's cool to see how they tried to expand the games and how they stick to a fairy tale look.

The show is pretty awful, but Ganon makes it watchable.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Good one, Erimgard. x3 Well, perhaps I should watch it one day... I might like it, or not.. we'll see. :3

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Of course you can join. :3 Why wouldn't you?

Can I just suggest putting the userbars in your signature beneath each other? It won't make the page stretched. :3

Hey, Dara... do you know if the others will post in the RP any time soon?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Well, Lo-chan posted. So I'll post too.

And I have a message from JBC, she'll be gone on a vacation until the 31st of August. =I

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back