• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend Of Zelda : The War For Hyrule.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Game Name: The legend of zelda: The war for hyrule

Made with: RMXP (RPG Maker XP)

Team

1. ~Tidus~
    2. Vipershark

Introduction: Since i am very fond of nintendos legend of zelda series games i have dedicated this game to it. It will have much of the recognised gameplay of the other zelda games but because the others are seriously easy this is going to be a hard game to complete.

Story: The story starts off from the end of OOT (Ocarina of time) Gannon has been sealed in the sacred realm and peace can finally be restored.
    However, monsters still wander the Hyrule field and are trying to find a way to bring the evil king back from the sacred realm. Due to Gannons evil from his triforce when meeting him just before his and links first battle (inside the castle) The medallions and the spiritual stones were cast astray and with them the monsters can resurrect gannon from the sacred realm.
    Link must find the stones and the medallions before his minions do before Hyrules fate is cast into shadow....

Features: By the end of the game i hope to have included the following features in the game.

1. Full ABS system
    2. Hookshot
    3. Rocs Cape
    4. Iron Boots
    5. Mirror shield
    6. Ocarina (playable)
    7. Hearts system
    8. Rupees
    9. Many Many sidequests
    10. Harder different dungeons from those in OOT.
    11. Bow
    13. Gauntlets/Power bracelet
    14. Magic DIN/NAYRU/FARORE
    15. Recognisable sprite work from original characters from oot.
    16. Optional clothing
    17. OOT style intro load file.
    18. Gerudo training ground
    19. Mini games
    20. Pegasus boots

Screenshots:

Well ok here is a screenshot of a dungeon (water temple style??)

Last edited:

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
    Years
    from the screen shot, it looks though it might be entertaining.as long as you keep the dungeons all unique, and the puzzles all fairly entertaining, then ill be looking forwards to it.

good luck...

Years
    Umm, you say how the other games were, "too" easy? I dont know about you, but I found it annoying trying to solve all those puzzles without the help of Gamefaqs, xD. Anyway, I dont usually play other peoples games unless I am compelled to, and this looks promising only because you are using RMXP, (as am I) and if your really good, you can make a really great game with that maker.

Good luck!

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    man you need to work on your mapping the first screen is good but the second one is so bare and i know useing minish cap chipsets are hard couse i tried but please try and improve the mapping as it will make your game alot better

Vipershark

What user title?
    Years
    I'd like to help with this game. Me + Zelda = yay.

Edit- I can help with sprites, dungeons, storyline, ideas, anything you need.]

Edit 2- Okay, so it comes after OOT. Does this game come before or after Majora's Mask?

Last edited:
    Years
    Okie dokie loads has been done over the past few days (four days)

I have done loads of mapping and as always i will leave you with some pictures showing what i have been able to do with what i have mapped out so far.

I started on some dungeon mappinga and also begun the temple of time.

Vipershark you can help if you want to! PM me if you still want to help. I am also looking for a minish cap water autotile. I am in the veil of how to make them ):

Ok here are the screenshots of the foundations of the temple of time and a dungeon with a ghost!!

Last edited:

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    again i like your dungeon screen but the temple is too big and empty even if you could just add some pillers or something to help fill in the blank spaces it would look much better

Vipershark

What user title?
    Years
    Yeah, I still want to help with the game.

Would the sprites you're looking for happen to be on this sheet?
    https://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo/zelda/mc/mc_linkcap.png

A few questions:
    1. Does this game (sorta) follow OOT's and allow time travel? Meaning that you can use both young and adult link?
    2. Does this game happen before or after Majora's Mask?

I was thinking that since this game takes place after OOT, Link should have his OOT color scheme. These are a few of them I had.
    One color scheme with both young and adult Link.

The first 2 are his green colors. The first one is in MC style where he still has black outlines. The rest are with color outlines. The last 2 are Fierce Diety Link.

More on the way.

Years
    You asked viper shark

A few questions:
    1. Does this game (sorta) follow OOT's and allow time travel? Meaning that you can use both young and adult link?
    2. Does this game happen before or after Majora's Mask?

the answers are for 1 yes and no. The baisic foundations of the story are that the game takes place straight after link turns back into his child state and everything is supposed to be restored to normal. But when link travels back in time (straight after giving zelda the ocarina of time) the spiritual stones and the medallions are scattered accross hyrule. Now link must find the spiritual stones and the medallions, before ganons monsters do (otherwise they can enter the sacred realm) and put them under the protection of the sages.

I love the revamp of minish style link for the game!! is it possable for you to make a walking style of link (all animation phrames of him) from the minish sheet but make one younger and another older? (younger with gorons bracelet and the other with gauntlets?)

Vipershark

What user title?
    Years
    Yeah, I can revapm them for you. Which color scheme do you want though? The first set or the second set with the other tunics?

Years
    Ok all a very busy weekend. I have been working on the kokiri forest (dont forget things change through the rebuilding of hyrule) and now i have nearly completed Links house. I tried to script and event out the title and load screens (three file screens) but had trouble with Name = actor.name when it came to naming your character and then starting your game. make any suggestions as to how the process could work if you want or even better pm me!

Now the final result of my 8 hours work came last night when i finished the status screen and the item screen check the screenshots and do not steal any of them you saw this work from me first. (i just retextured and edited a screenie from google) it took time so appreciate and do not steal my work.

The status screen in all her glory..

The item screen ( lots of items here?)

ok expect a screenie of the kokiri forest and possibly of the lost woods. I plan to start Goron city after christmas and then hopefully have a full demo of the game up to the retrieval of the gorons ruby.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    The screenshots don't look too bad far, and the status screen looks cool. One thing though, you've told people not to steal your work, but you've basically just stolen the original picture from Google and editted it without providing proper credit.

One other thing, how many of the systems on that list have you actually completed?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    You should focus on the systems first, that's where the majority of your work will be, the mapping is the easy part.

Also, you should post some screens of those systems, particularly the ABS, in action.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back