• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda

Cavalreaper

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • As the title would suggest, I'm a Legend of Zelda fan. After all this time, I finally got Hyrule Historia. I can't put it down! This concept art is grade A, and I completely adore all the information about Skyward Sword and the chronological timeline(s). I was also able to swing by Nintendo World in Manhattan last Friday where I got to hold the Master Sword and Hylian Shield seen in Hyrule Historia, held by Shigeru Miyamoto!

So, because of all the Zelda thrown my way lately, I decided to make this thread. Whether you're a casual fan or a hardcore gamer, go ahead and answer these questions.
    • What is your favorite Zelda game?
    • Favorite Link Incarnation?
    • Favorite Zelda Incarnation?
    • Favorite Villain?
    • Favorite Species? (Gorons, Zoras, Kikwis, etc)
    • Favorite Boss?
    • Favorite Temple?
    • Least Favorite Boss?
    • Least Favorite Temple?
    Bonus: Which of the three timelines do you prefer? (Adult Timeline, Child Timeline, Doomed Timeline)

Last edited:

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Twilight Princess, for several reason. Not only do I like the graphics and overworld of Hyrule, I adore the music and general story line. The darker atmosphere of the entire game is just my cup of tea.

Favorite Link Incarnation?
    Also contributing to the previous question, Twilight is my favourite Link. I don't know why exactly, but I do like his overal design and the gest we get of his personality. The fact that he can change into a Wolf is also a plus. Sky and Time are respectively my second and third favourite Links. Sky is such an adorable dork from time to time. As for Time, the fact that he's in my top three has a lot to do with background information concerning his character. It wasn't quite as explored as much as I would have liked. He's the saddest Hero of them all, and I would love to have seen a game that explored Time's darker side.

Favorite Zelda Incarnation?
    Skyward Sword's without a doubt. Although Twilight Princess' is much more regal and distant, Skyward Sword's has a much larger role and better developed character. I love the approach of her being Link's best friend, and how they did their relationship.

Favorite Villain?
    Dark Link. I don't know if he counts, but I find him intriguing...I have to admit though, that most of his character is based on headcanons. But once again, I'd love a game that explored more of his character, maybe related to the Twilight game I mention in the next question.

Otherwise, Ghirahim. He's fabulous. >8)

Favorite Species? (Gorons, Zoras, Kikwis, etc)
    Twili, with my favourite princess in front. I think they (and their backgroundstory (part speculation)) are quite interesting. I would love for a game that actually explored the dark past of the Twilight Realm that caused its inhabitants to flee the light world.

Favorite Boss?
    Stallord, Blizzeta, Armogohma (TP), Final Ghirahim, Volvagia, Goht

Favourite Temple?
    Snowpeak Mountain. I loved how it wasn't a dungeon in the exact sense of the word, but more a like a quest inside a big house.

Least Favorite Boss?
    Dark Dragon/General Onox. Because he was on the I couldn't beat. And he was standing between me and Ganon a linked Oracle of Seasons. BT

Least Favorite Temple
    Can't think of any temple that I dislike atm (yeah, not even the Water Temple. It's tedious, but I don't dislike it)... Might remember one at some point. |D

Bonus: Which of the three timelines do you prefer? (Adult Timeline, Child Timeline, Doomed Timeline)

Child Time line. 8D; It has two of my favourite games in it, so why not?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years

Pretty much Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, because I love the dark-esque themes that come from it, as well as the general cast of characters, and the storyline. The gameplay is also pretty addicting, once you get used to it! I've always wondered why Skyward Sword didn't follow up with that style; I guess they were trying something new, but, I would like more Zelda games to follow TP's style in the future!

Twilight!Link pretty much. His personality is indeed more shown than the other Zelda games, imo. However, WindWaker!Link and SkywardSword!Link are also great Link incarnations, since the Wind Waker Link is... surprisingly athletic, and this victory dance is awesome! Skyward Link also has a great personality, plus, I did like the whole idea on choosing on what phrases he would say.

I really loved Wind Waker's Zelda's incarnation, since Tetra is adorable, and pirates are amazing~ But Zelda's incarnation on Skyward Sword is pretty cute too!

Favorite Villain?

Pretty much Zant from Twilight Princess. He's dark, and he's crazy. I would of said Demon Lord Ghirahim too, but, I find him creepier. XD Before you've befriended them, the Gerudo tribe were interesting villains! All of them were tough woman~

The Gorons; they make you feel like part of their family. :3

Favorite Boss?

Blizzeta, Bongo Bongo, Morpha, Twinrova, Volvagia, Zant, Stallord, Argorok

Favorite Temple?

Shadow Temple, and the Palace of Twilight. Both pretty creepy and eerie places, both home to one of the most irritating and creepy enemies ever: Walmasters, and Zant's Hand.

Least Favorite Boss?

Smog from Legend of Zelda; Orcale of Ages. You'd have to put him together before slashing him with his sword. It's more irritating than it looks; his pieces of smog just go where they please. x__x

Least Favorite Temple?

Maybe the Water Temple. XD Too many keys, and so many places to go. :x Well, I wouldn't say I dislike it though. It's challenging and long, but, I don't dislike it.

The Child Timeline. B) Also the Toon timeline... if it counts!

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
  • - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past though Skywards Sword and Wind Waker are really close!
    - Toon Link from Wind Waker
    - Skyward Swords version of Zelda
    - Wind Wakers version of Ganondorf
    - Deku Scrubs
    - Gohma from Wind Waker
    - Forsaken Fortress <--- Admittedly more of a dungeon than a temple :P
    - Barinade from Ocarina of Time
    - Ice Cavern from Ocarina of Time

PichuRules4ever

The TF2 Pyro
    Years
  • What is your favorite Zelda game? Majora's Mask
    Favorite Link Incarnation? Young Link
    Favorite Zelda Incarnation? Young Zelda
    Favorite Villain? Dark Link
    Favorite Species? Zora
    Favorite Boss? Dead Hand
    Favorite Temple? Shadow Temple
    Least Favorite Boss? Barinade
    Least Favorite Temple? Water Temple
    Which of the three timelines do you prefer? Doomed Timeline

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    Ah, that would probably be Majora's Mask. I just love the overall creepy atmosphere of the game.

Twilight Princess. His tough/rugged look appeals to me the most. I guess it makes him look more heroic? Haha I don't really know.

Same goes for Zelda, my favorite look of hers is also from Twilight Princess. I also like how she gets to ride Epona with Link and shoot Light Arrows, and she looks absolutely badass while possessed, if that counts. So you could say I enjoy badassery.

Favorite Villain?
    Definitely Vaati from Minish Cap. I mean, he just shows up and frickin turns people to stone then disappears. What the hell. And by "what the hell" I mean that's hilarious.

The Koroks from Wind Waker. They are the cutest little things ever. I want one.

Favorite Boss?
    Twinrova from Ocarina of Time. That boss battle is really fun, easily my favorite.

Favorite Temple?
    Palace of Winds from Minish Cap, I guess. All dungeons make me cry myself to sleep either way

Least Favorite Boss?
    The Big Chuchu from Minish Cap. I thought it was a really uncreative boss, just an enlarged version of an enemy you can see almost anywhere.

Least Favorite Temple?
    Lakebed Temple from Twilight Princess. Long and annoying.

Child Timeline.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    What is your favorite Zelda game?
    Maybe Majora's Mask? I haven't finished it but the storyline is very good. I just hate using Song of Time over and over.

Link from Twilight Princess ( The Ordonian / Hylian ) He's a FARMBOY. *blushie*. He also goes Shirtless one time *nosebleed*.

Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. I like Twilight Princess Zelda because she's the only one having armor. Wataiaiai! and the cutscene when she makes Light Arrows is FABULOUSS!
    I also like Skyward Sword Zelda because she has the " graceful, yet powerful " kind of look to her. I also love dat Glowyy strings on her hair.

Favorite Villain?
    Maybe Veran and Onox. Too bad they only appeared in two games. .-.

Kikwis, Koroks, and Zora. Kikwis make me remember Gunter ( yes from Adventure Time ). Koroks are cute. hehe. ouo and Zora's Are Hott. Specially the Guys that are the same age as Mikau ( Poor Mikau ).

Favorite Boss?
    Gogoat. or maybe the giant robot goat ( or really Gogoat ) Is it Gogoat?

Favorite Temple?
    Great Bay Temple. I wanna see Zora Link's body. Houhuehehe. *drools*

Least Favorite Boss?
    Maybe Odolwa?

Least Favorite Temple?
    Shadow Temple. I hate dark places.

Adult Timeline. I like to see Linkk in that ageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    Geez man, don't push me so hard. First question, and I already have no idea what to answer. I've pretty much loved every single Zelda game I've played so far, and choosing my favourite is pretty gosh darn hard. I'd probably have to say Majora's Mask though. It was one of the few Zelda games that I ever bothered to finish completely, ie collecting all the heart pieces and such, but the game was a bit on the shorter side as well, lacking all the extra collection items and such that a lot of other Zelda titles had. But that's not really the point. Majora's Mask was a fun and immersive game, even after the story was finished, and I just loved the entire concept of the three day thing (which by the way was initially supposed to be 7 days, however I believe it was shortened to 3 days because the game was pretty much a challenge to make a new Zelda game in just a year, and 7 days would've just been too much to work with (again, not sure about this)), the whole atmosphere and the feeling the game gave you, everything was just awesome. And I really wanted more after I'd finished it, so I went to get all the masks and all the heartpieces, and even went to try out bugs afterwards, just to keep on playing.

I enjoyed it just a bit more than I enjoyed Ocarina of Time, which probably would be number 2 on the list, and that one is widely considered to be the best Zelda game of all time. Yeah, it was long and full of great puzzles, had a great story and great sidequests, but the atmosphere just can't match Majora's Mask at all, and I think that was one of the biggest reasons to why I love MM so much. So yeah.

Majora's Mask!

Link from Twilight Princess. There's not really any incarnation of him I dislike, but I feel like they got him just right in Twilight Princess, even though the game is one of those a bit lower of the list. It was the first game to really give him any character, and to make his entire quest feel justified and relevant to him, rather than just being the chosen one. I know Skyward Sword did it too, but not quite as well in my opinion. And they really pulled off the relationship with Illia quite well, as well as how all the other town kids look up to them, and sgfdgafdhfd. I just feel like it was the first game to make him more than a hero and to give him an actual character (of those I've played at least), and I feel like it was one of the better things in TP.

Hmm, probably a tie between Skyward Sword Zelda and Wind Waker Zelda. Why those two? Because Zelda actually does something in those games. Yeah, she ran around as Sheik in Ocarina of Time and guided us on our way, but Sheik appeared in a few brief scenes, and I just don't feel like Zelda herself had much depth outside of her Sheik character. Whereas, in both Wind Waker and Skyward Sword, Zelda actually does something. In WW she's a pirate sailing the seas, helping us save our sister, and she even accompanies us in the final battle against Ganondorf, whereas OoT Zelda couldn't even throw our swords back to us when we lost it in the battle against Ganon. And in SS she has own adventure while we run around and look for her. Both also have the most personality of any incarnations imo.

Favorite Villain?
    Vaati, mainly because of his backstory. I mean, I don't see much in Ganondorf being a male Gerudo born every 100 year or whatever. It doesn't really explain why he's evil, and why he has to power to turn into Ganon (unless I missed something), whereas Vaati, if I remember correctly, was the apprentice of Ezlo, and became corrupt once he got access to power. It's pretty cliche, but it makes a heck of a lot more sense than Ganondorf's story.

Favorite Species?
    Probably a tie between the Kokiri and the Gorons. The reason I like the Kokiri, is mainly because they're inspired by the story of Peter Pan, which was one of my favourite fairy tales when I was younger. There's not much else to it. If anything, they all seemed so happy and welcoming of strangers, where I believe one of the Kokiri helped Link when he was supposed to bring medicine to that guy in the Biggoron Sword sidequest.

The reason to why I like the Gorons, is because they're so nice and loyal. They do everything to protect each others, and despite not being very welcoming of outsiders, they sure are nice once you get to know them :p

Favorite Boss?
    I'm really not sure here. At the top of my head, I can't really think of any bosses that really stood out to me as really enjoyable to fight against. One I did like though, was Armogohma from Twilight Princess. Apart from being a recurring boss, I always liked the battle against it. I'm sure there are others I enjoy just as much, but I seriously can't think of any.

Favorite Temple?
    Took me a long time to think of this, but while contemplating whether it should be on my least favourite temple, I actually realised how good the Stone Tower from Majora's Mask was. The temple was incredibly long, confusing and hard, and while it made it kinda frustrating, I realised just how well it was thought out. It had a lot of puzzles that were (for me) extremely hard to figure out, but more in a challenging than unfair way. I don't remember much about it apart from giving up so many times, so I guess in some way it could kinda qualify for both favourite and least favourite temple. But yeah, the theory just further shows how much thought they might've put into it, granted parts of the theory is true :p

Least Favorite Boss?
    Ganon(dorf)! Apart from Twilight Princess' Ganondorf, I've struggled with every single boss fight with him at least one point in my life. I never managed to beat the OoT Ganondorf as a kid, and to this day I still have trouble beating the Wind Waker Ganon. There's not much else to say, because I can't recall struggling wiht many other bosses or really hating battling them, just Ganondorf.

Least Favorite Temple?
    Every single water temple ever. No reason needed, you all know why.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Just want to say that Koloktos from Skyward Sword is the best boss in the series. Period.

If there's a reason why Zelda should now stick with motion control forever, it's that guy. And I am absolutely fine with that.

Back