• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • What kinds of enemies from the Legend of Zelda stick out to the most, and enjoy fighting? Well, 'enjoy fighting' is one part of it - were there any memorable things you would like to share about the enemies from Zelda, like, what do you think of some of them?

Hm, for example, does anyone else hate fighting the Like Likes?

200px-LikeLike2.png

Well, it's not as if they're not hard to kill, but, aren't they like, really, really creepy? XD They way that they wiggle and try to gobble you up. Ugh. Honestly, I'd rather fight 1000 giant skulltulas then fight one of these things. Creepy.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I was never really creeped out by LikeLikes. But one enemy that stuck out to me was the Darknuts (was that how it was spelled? I don't remember) from Twlight Princess. Ya know, them heavily armored dudes with the sword skills. Those guys actually posed some challenge to fight, unlike most non-boss enemies I've encountered in Zelda.

And y'all remember these things, right?:

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Yeah, Twilight Princess Darknuts are some of the best sword duels in the entire series. That layered armor, the battle music, and then having to deal with the non-armored faster attacks later on....just damn. Speaking of TP, aside from the 1st boss, all the bosses are amazing. Argorok really seals the deal for the game, I really wish we could get more dragons as bosses. Hell, give me a straight up dragon related plot, all these eye based bosses in LBW was boring.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • Just started the Zelda series well officially. I have played games off and on but started today officially with A link Between Worlds and loving it so much. Ravio is such a cutie patootie! :)

Pikachuie

Go Seahawks!
    Years
  • This game is the reason if my rage in some games I think..... it all started with wind waker ugh I love and hate the game sometimes but it's by far the best one i've played (Not on a emu) but I only one that and Twilight so yeah but I still love the games even if i've never beaten them or anything I mean I just defeated the first boss in wind waker so thats going in my achievements book so I remember how much I suck at zelda YAY!

Years
  • What kinds of enemies from the Legend of Zelda stick out to the most, and enjoy fighting? Well, 'enjoy fighting' is one part of it - were there any memorable things you would like to share about the enemies from Zelda, like, what do you think of some of them?

Hm, for example, does anyone else hate fighting the Like Likes?

200px-LikeLike2.png

Well, it's not as if they're not hard to kill, but, aren't they like, really, really creepy? XD They way that they wiggle and try to gobble you up. Ugh. Honestly, I'd rather fight 1000 giant skulltulas then fight one of these things. Creepy.

Which game is the Like Likes from? o.o I've never seen them before...The only ones I've played are Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time, and between the both of them, giant skulltulas are the most horrendous looking creatures I've seen >< My absolute hatred towards spiders makes me cry like a baby and squirm whenever I encountered them XD

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Which game are the Like Likes from? o.o I've never seen them before...The only ones I've played are Wind Waker and Ocarina of time, and between the both of them, giant skulltulas are the most horrendous looking creatures I've seen >< My absolute hatred towards spiders makes me cry like a baby and squirm whenever I encountered them XD
    Oh please, what about these guys?

wallmaster.jpg

Not saying that the Skulltulas aren't scary, but the Floormaster hands from Ocarina of time were way scarier. I used to dread them all the time. Especially in Wind Waker when you're in the Earth Temple and they were hiding in the mist ;______;

019.jpg

And I believe the Like Likes were in Majoras Mask when you were in Jabu's belly? I could be wrong on that, but that's where I believe they're from!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ah, never played Majora's Mask during the time I owned a Nintendo 64 so that probably explains why I'm not familiar with those enemies :P The Floormasters were creepy as well! I've never acquainted myself with the actual names so I'm learning something new :D Really want to get the Ocarina of Time 3D soon!

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Ah, never played Majora's Mask during the time I owned a Nintendo 64 so that probably explains why I'm not familiar with those enemies :P The Floormasters were creepy as well! I've never acquainted myself with the actual names so I'm learning something new :D Really want to get the Ocarina of Time 3D soon!

I love how I called them Wallmasters this whole time instead of Floormasters....

Oh my god Ocarina of Time for the 3DS, I definitely need to get that. Majora's Mask can definitely be a pain if you don't know the right songs to play on the Ocarina, but it's a really good game! It's also really cool how they used that same universe for the game and was able to put a fresh twist on it.

ALSO, just looked it up: I was off with the game too. Jabu's Belly level was actually in Ocarina of Time, so although they are in Majora's Mask supposedly they're in Ocarina of Time as well! (It's been awhile since I've played the game and it's late :3 )

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    And I believe the Like Likes were in Majoras Mask when you were in Jabu's belly? I could be wrong on that, but that's where I believe they're from!

LikeLikes have existed in several games, iirc. Don't remember which ones (besides Ocarina of Time), but I'm pretty sure they've appeared in more than one game.

I love how I called them Wallmasters this whole time instead of Floormasters....

Eh, Wallmasters, Floormasters, same ♥♥♥♥:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • LikeLikes have existed in several games, iirc. Don't remember which ones (besides Ocarina of Time), but I'm pretty sure they've appeared in more than one game.

Eh, Wallmasters, Floormasters, same ♥♥♥♥:

Yeah I ended up checking the Wiki and it appeared in some earlier games in the series. However, I could only remember them from the N64 games in that one particular level.

Anddearflipplinggodgetthatfrigginpictureoutofhere ;____;

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Do any of you guys have Legend of Zelda 3DS or Wii U? I've been planning to get myself the former, but never got around to it. Might be too late now, though. :( I'll still look around online and see if there are any available.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Do any of you guys have Legend of Zelda 3DS or Wii U? I've been planning to get myself the former, but never got around to it. Might be too late now, though. :( I'll still look around online and see if there are any available.

I just looked it up and you can find some good deals on eBay. They sell some pretty good bundle packs on there for not too much more than a regular Wii U. I would check there.

You can also still buy the Legend of Zelda Wii U on Gamestop's website. Unfortunately, you cannot buy the special edition 3DS.

Link: http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/conso...-waker-hd-wii-u-limited-edition-bundle/111373

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • A link between worlds is an awesome game. I'm still yet to complete skyward sword, though

It is an awesome game! What do you think of Skyward Sword so far? That's one of the only Legend of Zelda games I've never played as of yet. The main boss in that game seemed...very odd to me.

A Link Between Worlds was super addicting! I loved how Nintendo mixed it up by giving you the ability to rent all the items right from the beginning, allowing you to pave your own adventure and not feel restricted to using specific items in dungeons/boss fights. Plus the ending of that game....what a twist! :3

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Skyward Sword is really weird. It has the highest highs in the series (Combat, dungeon design) but also the lowest of low. (eeeeeverything else)

3D Zelda was never my thing, OoT was the only one I really liked so I can't exactly rank it amongst other in the series. Although I know I like it betr than Wind Waker lol.
    2D Zelda guy, all day. A Link Between Worlds was my GOTY 2013.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Skyward Sword is really weird. It has the highest highs in the series (Combat, dungeon design) but also the lowest of low. (eeeeeverything else)

3D Zelda was never my thing, OoT was the only one I really liked so I can't exactly rank it amongst other in the series. Although I know I like it betr than Wind Waker lol.
    2D Zelda guy, all day. A Link Between Worlds was my GOTY 2013.

Woah woah woah, hold the phone...you saying Wind Waker is a bad game? >:l

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Unnecessarily tedious and boring. Bad dungeon design. Awfully padding and slow paced. I don't like it.

Wind Waker is like the most polarizing game anyway, it's either the worst or best Zelda. Only other game I've seen people be so divided on is Jak 2.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Unnecessarily tedious and boring. Bad dungeon design. Awfully padding and slow paced. I don't like it.

Wind Waker is like the most polarizing game anyway, it's either the worst or best Zelda. Only other game I've seen people be so divided on is Jak 2.

I can agree with that last part about it being divided. The bosses could have definitely been better (seriously, Puppet Ganon Nintendo?); the boss rush at the end of the game was also pretty tedious.

However, I still think Wind Waker should be merited with it's design. I loved the idea of being able to go to island to island and finding what secrets layed in their wake waiting to be plundered. Plus, it has my favorite equipment item; the Grappling Hook. I would always find myself using it in the most obscure confrontations just to steal items from my enemies :P

Back