• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Legendary Birds

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    When I was young my favorite was Articuno, as I grow up that spot was taken by Zapdos. Zapdos in my opinion is the strongest among its peers. :)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I did catch them all! My favorite is Articuno aesthetically, Zapdos is the most useful in battle, and Moltres... looks kinda cool, I guess.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I caught them all and yes this includes getting the Moltres by going to Sevii Islands in the main game. And I even used them when facing the E4 since it's for the sake of nostalgia like what I did for the original Red yeah I'm a cheater.

For this generation, I love these birds equally since although Zapdos and Articuno were my favorites for Gen 1, Moltres got a very good moveset compared with Gen 1: Flamethrower and Heat Wave which are enough to give Moltres a good moveset compared with Gen 1.

Do I think they're the best trio? That one I don't know since I haven't caught the other trio in other generations but so far the original legendary birds are tied with the legendary beasts in Gen 2 for me.

Back