• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Legendary Stone

djgrim

Grim
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    I decided to start chapter one to give people a feel for the story. I was hoping to make a quick transaction from Hoenn to Johto early in the story. I also thought of, what I hope is a decent premise for the story to be built off.

In case nobody saw this in the writers lounge, I have an application setup to make a character you'd like me to put in the story. Just click the link in my signature.

Enjoy

Pokémon: TheLegendary Stones

"It was...five? No... Six years ago. It was a special night, everybodywas buzzing around town making preparations."
    The children spoke up.
    "What were they preparing for?
    "Hush now,I'm getting to that. Now er-... where was I?"
    "It was five."
    "No Six."
    "Ah yes yes, now I remember! It was Six years ago, and everybody was getting ready for the Stardust Eclipse. It was a very special occasion where a slow moving asteroid eclipses our moon. Everybody set up in fieldswith their pokemon and watched the amazing phenomenon. But as iteclipsed our moon, everybody saw a flickering light come from the asteroid, and then it happened."

The children gasped.
    "It was a disaster, a small meteor crashed outside town, and then a powerful Pokemon showed up, and started acting all wonky and shootin the place up!"
    The Children were on their toes.
    "And then a trainer showed up and defeated the pokemon, forcing it to retreat!
    "Who! Who!" The children hopped up and down.
    "The trainer was none other than our very own..."

The old man feel asleep in the chair and the kids were on the verge of crying. One of them heard a bike roll up to the house and he ran outside.

The boy saw ayoung man approach the door. He was wearing a green windbreaker with black pokeballs on it and a white shirt under. The acoustic guitar on his back reflected a little sunlight, somewhat complimenting his medium long black hair. On his right arm he had a tribal tattoo that went to his hands, and around his neck was a chunk of emerald.

He waved and said "Hey there kids. Is gramps already asleep?"
    The children looked back at the old man, who was snoozing away.
    "He just started his nap." A little girl said.
    "Guess I'm too late." Grim said as he looked toward the back yard.

He whistled a tune out loud and a Pokemon cry was heard. The kids ran next to Grim and started trying to whistle too, but all they got was sputter. An elegant Pokemon cry was heard again, right before an Absol jumped over the fence. It's white fur shimmered in the light and it ran to Grim happily. The Absol hopped around, excited to see Grim.

"How was she?" He asked.
    "Absol's always fun to play with... but..."
    The children's smiles turned to frowns.
    "What's wrong kids?"
    "We don'twant you to leave... and we don't want Absol to leave..."
    Tears started running down their eyes.
    "Whoa whoa whoa! No soggy eyes on my last day here, you guys should be excited! Besides, I'll come back and visit you a lot."
    One of theboys wiped his tears and said "R-really?"
    "Of course I will. And when I do, i'll have gifts for everybody."
    They children cheered and shortly after the mother came out and said "How long has grandpa been asleep? He was supposed to be getting you ready for school! Everybody inside, let's go."
    The children "Aww'd" at once and walked inside.
    The mother sighed and turned to Grim and said "We're all going to miss you. And I just want to tell you, what you're doing for your parents is fantastic."
    Grim smiledand said "I owe it to them, to repay my failures."
    "Now hush! Grim, you did not fail your parents! Anybody else in your situation would have done the same. But what you're doing now, is going to make them even more proud of you." A tear fell down her eye.
    She reached back in the house and pulled out a small basket and handed it to him.
    As she wiped the tears from her face, she said "The children made that for you, Absol too."
    "Thank you. I'll bring you back something from my travels."
    "See that you do. I always wondered what the world was like outside of Hoenn. Take care of yourself Grim."
    "I will."
    Grim rode offon his bike accompanied by Absol.

Grim rode to his parents ranch and went inside with Absol, but didn't find his parents. He ran out back and found them walking with the Tropius across the field. He ran over them and they greeted him with asmile.
    "Son, before you go, there's an important matter I have to talk to you about with Absol." His dad said.
    Grim looked at Absol and then back to his dad. "Is she ok?"
    "Of course, you've done a fine job taking care of her, but Absol has never been placed inside of a pokeball, so she's technically a wild pokemon. I don't think you'd want a random trainer snatching her up, would you?"
    Grim freaked out and said "No way! Where are the pokeballs at?!"
    "Calm down. You're going to catch Absol, but I want you to show me you're readyto go by battling her."
    Grim looked shocked. "But she's my only pokemon. How can she battle herself?"
    His dad tossed him a pokeball and said "Use him. He always liked you, and I'm sure he will be a faithful companion, assuming you pass this test."
    Grim looked atthe pokeball and wondered who he was talking about.
    He looked at Absol and said "Are you ready?"
    Absol nodded and ran several feet away. Grim gripped the pokeball tight and cocked his arm back. He threw it straight into the air and it burst open, a ray of light burst out of it. From the light, his fathers Lucario formed and landed on the ground. He met eye to eye with Absol and let out a battle cry.
    "Dad, Lucario? He's been at your side for years!"
    His dad chuckled and said "Lucario was at my side long ago when I was a pokemon trainer, and he longs to feel the freedom of travel once more. Now Grim! Show me if you learned anything I taught you."
    Grim noddedand took a deep breath. His father had taught him about different types of pokemon, how their traits can decide a battle, and how atrainer and pokemon sync in battle. Lucario was a fighting type, so he would be effective against Abosl's Dark type.
    He threw his arm out and yelled "Lucario! Extreme Speed!"
    The wind whipped around Lucario. He made the slightest gesture and then turned translucent, before disappearing. The grass kicked up in spots that moved toward Absol. Lucario reappeared and struck Absolin the side, before disappearing and repeating the process a few more times. He reappeared in front of Grim again and took a fighting stance.
    "Nice job Lucario!"
    Lucario barked at Grim angrily.
    "Grim!" His dad said "Don't break your concentration! Absol is counterattacking!"
    Absol ran toward them, the blade on it's head glew with a bright light. Grim looked back in time to see Lucario get hit by the blade and fly back next to him.
    "A-are youalright?"
    Lucario nodded and ran back toward Absol and began to attack him.
    "Wait! I didn't tell you to go over there!" Grim complained.
    "Lucario is an experienced fighter. Right now he's showing you what happens when a Pokemon doesn't trust it's trainer. It will fight on it's own, no matter what the trainer says, like a wild Pokemon. You will have to prove to them that you're strong enough to tell them what to do.

Grim watched Lucario fight. He seemed slower than when he first attacked, less organized. He couldn't help but to wonder if all Pokemon were like this.
    Absol struck Lucario again and he slid back to Grim.
    "Lucario!" He said "Will you give me another chance?"
    Lucario looked back and grinned.
    "Alright! I've got an idea, but you have to stand your ground."
    Lucario nodded and took a defensive stance.
    Absol cried and then ran at Lucario full speed. Grim watched Absol running, and waited. He just needed her to get a little closer. Just... a little...
    "Lucario! Counter!"
    Lucario put his arms up as Absol came into contact. Lucario grabbed onto Absol's blade and swung around her, before delivering a devastating kick toher side. Absol flew back from the impact and hit the ground hard.
    He struggledto stand up, when Grim's dad tossed him a pokeball.
    "Now Grim! She's ready!"
    Grim grabbed the ball and pressed the button in the middle. The ball expanded andhe threw it at Absol. Grim watched the ball fly through the air. He was filled with excitement. He had never actually caught a pokemon before, he felt such a rush as the pokeball approached Absol and...
    The pokeball flew clear over Absol's head, and Grim hit the ground.
    His parents had a hearty laugh over it before Grim's dad passed him another balland said "Try again!"
    Grim threw the second one straight and true and it hit Absol's side, turning him into a white energy and sucking him inside. The pokeball wiggled a few times, the dot in the center red. After a few seconds, it turned white and Grim's dad clapped. "Congratulations son, you've made your first catch."
    Grim was ecstatic about it, and Lucario seemed very satisfied as well.

Grim said goodbye to his parents and his town, and set off toward Slateport city. From there, he planned to take the cruise liner to a town in Johto called Olivine City. Grim had no idea where he was going from there, but his goal was in mind, and he knew he'd find the right way to go.

Last edited:
    Back