• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Level Problem

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Uhh I think they did that because you really didnt need to train at all in G/S. As long as you had even 1 or 2 pokemon above lvl 40, you could easily wipe out the seventh gym leader, and so on.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I HATED THE LEVELS! I mean really a level 9 PIDGEOTTO??Did Falkner use AR?? and Bugby had a Metapod and Kakuna good enough to evolve but NO he did'nt. Lance LV 50???? I know nintendo wants the levels low for Kanto but Why?!?! The highest GL In Kanto had Lv 50s (I Think) but the first like 4 should instead and the next 3 in the 60s and Blue in the 70s and 80s so red can have lv 90 - 100 Pkmn.Honestly I don't care if they changed it but if they did it'd be great

What you wrote in bold is what got me really pissed off, I was like "he's such a little cheater). but after looking he could have found that Pidgeotto in Virdian forest, since the highest and lowest level is in level 9. I guess he's not so much of a person to raise a Pidgey -.-"

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I don't really think they should make the levels higher when I think about it deeply, maybe just Lance's Pokemon cause the transition from RBY to GSC (in our case, FRLG to HGSS) in his Pokemons was ridicule.

I think they should just:
    1. Raise the levels of some wild Pokemons
    2. Make a better use of the Pokegear Phone function.

It was technically the first rematch function in a Pokemon game, aside of the E4 of course, yet it wasn't done well. Maybe if they'll make it occur more, and raise the levels each time, and overall do a better use with that thing, we'll have a success.
    Only thing that should technically be modified is the level of the Gym leaders/E4.

And for all the "they had Kanto" people: Kanto, as much as I remember, had about the same levels as the Dragon gym leader. Maybe a bit higher, but they didn't pass the...50~ level limit more or less. And yes, it would be better if we had gym leaders with pokemons at 70s, or maybe even 80s instead of that. IMO, Red should have them all 90+ lol.

Oh, and Falkner just caught it in Yellow :3
    Err, that's supposed to be a person. Caught it 3 years before GSC in Viridian Forest, and said to himself "Hmm, let's keep it to annoy newcomers in 3 years from now."

Back