• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The LGBT+ community

Years
  • Technically I'm gay (or rather, lesbian. But I'm somewhat averse to using that term to describe myself due to it having been used in a derogatory manner almost always when I was growing up.) But these days I wonder sometimes if I'm some shade of asexual since my desire to associate with pretty much everyone beyond good ol' platonic friendship has been pretty nonexistent for many years now. Probably not, though, since I did fall very hard for a female friend from ages 15-18... in spite of never doing anything about it, which was for the best. I suppose I've just mellowed as as I've grown older. I'm also closeted to all but my mother, and a single most trusted friend. (They did assume I was asexual before I came out to them. xD)

Whatever. I wouldn't say I'm involved at all with the LGBT+ community since this is such a small aspect of myself I barely even think about. For all I know, I may never even date anyone because though I've accepted this part of myself, the myriad of potential social consequences is still a legitimate fear of mine I may never come to terms with. But that's okay, because all I really need in life are a few good friends and my family for as long as they live. I do however wish I didn't have to deal with people, particularly guys... only guys actually, in real life that are romantically interested in me in spite of me showing clear signs I don't care about them in that manner. I'm totally cool being friends with anyone, but for many years now I just wish people would leave me the hell alone with their ulterior motives... I wonder how I'd even react if another girl legitimately flirted with me? Too bad people I meet in real life assume I'm straight probably... x'D

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I'm gay, but growing up in a very religious household, it wasn't until I was nineteen that I made real strides to accept it about myself and stopped trying to change it.

I came out to my parents a few months ago, and that went surprisingly well. I was expecting anything from denial to complete rejection, but they ended up accepting it. They do have a few reservations, but I still had a family to spend Christmas with, and that's always a good thing.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
  • I don't know. Maybe Pansexual? I used to think I was very much straight up until about 2 years ago. Ever since then I've been struggling. I may be Pansexual with a much higher lean towards females, but who knows?

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    I am actually bisexual which is not something I tend to share much people as my mum is homophobic and if the girls at my school found out they just make fun of me and accuse me of looking at them while in the changing rooms like they did with this other girl.
    So honestly I like both genders and I find them both attractive.

I never would have come out at school for this reason. There was a girl would experimented with a girl and realised it didn't tickle her fancy in the end. For the rest of her time at school the more rowdy girls were incredibly horrible to her. And I know a lot of those girls have kissed girls to get guys' attention since. Ugh.

I'm a cis-gender bi lady. I don't like making a big deal out of it unless it's relevant though. I don't have anyone homophobic in my life I just don't want it to become the most interesting/important thing about me to other people.

tl;dr this is a potentially messy topic I typically stay out of because my indifference is usually met with outright hostility, but I figured I might as well clarify my position for the sake of it. I guess I'm a little surprised I'm the first asexual individual to notice this topic, though.

Your opinion is something I don't see often, but I think I can see where you're coming from. I have met many people that become more warm towards people they find out are LGBT as if sexuality and gender is the determining factor of the kind of person you are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I'm trans and am out in most places on the Internet. I think I already posted about it here some time ago?

I've been conscious of this since I was 10 but am still not out in real life. Oh well!

Years
  • Bi/Pan and Cis. Not many people know cause i just don't ever talk about it. Living in canada is great for the LGBT, but no one really cares (well in my life's experience) so it's not brought up too much

KittiOcelotti

"Smell ya later!"
    Years
  • "Straight as a fuck'n iPhone 6"- Enshine 2016

No but in all seriousness, I'm a straight and cis person.

I think it is rather dull and plain in comparison to some of the more "colourful" sexualities and identities.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I'll stop with the bad jokes.

Last edited:

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i am asexual, agender (he/they pronouns are okay!) and unsure about romantic preferences. used to think i was aromantic too but something may have caught me off guard last year.. and still has me confused. it's probably the weirdest thing i've ever felt for someone.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    used to think i was aromantic too but something may have caught me off guard last year.. and still has me confused. it's probably the weirdest thing i've ever felt for someone.
    The same sort of thing happened to me twice so far in my life. I'm aromantic, but twice now there's been someone that just hit me in a way to make me question things. It absolutely is the weirdest thing to feel, and to deal with.

I still consider myself aromantic, but those two cases are just...exceptions to the rule.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    I'm actually straight but I'm ok with that people who belong to the LGBT-community. I don't see anything bad in this, if people are happy together does it matter that they have the same sex? Besides it's not smth that can appear only because of the influence of other people, it's something that comes from your nature. And it's simply unfair to judge someone in such situations -_-
    I also respect greatly people who support their LGBT friends when they have the problems with the society. Especially talking about the family issues like I read in this article, Ariana's support of her brother is amazing.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Trendy politically correct wording: Cisgender heteroromantic heterosexual male of the homosapiens species.
    Translated into English: A straight dude.
    Meaning that I will only engage in romance and intercourse with individuals of the human species that have the female reproductory system.

I do know and am friends with homosexual people and am perfectly okay with it. It's live and let live for me. I couldn't care less about what other people's sexual preferences or identifications are (unless it's a lady I'm interested in; I'd rather know right then if she likes males or not) as long as they feel good and happy about it. You're still a human being to me. Do whatever the fuck you like on this matter.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    LGBTQIA+

So for a while now I've heard rumours of a large LGBTQIA+ community on PC lurking in the shadows, but I've never really met any of you guys. And I want to. So anyone who's openly a part of the community introduce your self here! Sorry to the mods if there's something like this already. Go ahead and lock this or merge it or whatever.

Back