• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Liberty Pass is here! [Victini Event]

Have you caught Victini?

• Yes, I have

Votes: 46 78.0%
  • No, I haven't

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • I don't want a Victini

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nukez

Goddess of Zorua
Years
  • I caught it then traded it for a level 28 oshawott which is now a level 50 samurott haha ty event

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    Catch Victini yet? which ball did you use?

JUST caught Victini. Luckily our car stopped outside a dunkin doughnuts due to an accident at the intersection and I was able to snatch the liberty pas with dunkin's WiFi Teehee. I caught that little beast in a friggin net ball! Which ball have you used?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    JUST caught Victini. Luckily our car stopped outside a dunkin doughnuts due to an accident at the intersection and I was able to snatch the liberty pas with dunkin's WiFi Teehee. I caught that little beast in a friggin net ball! Which ball have you used?

Must've missed our Victini thread. The ball you used can go in the thread on which ball you used for legendaries, though.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I received the Liberty Pass the first day Black and White was released for the US, but only obtained Victini yesterday when I finally arrived in Castelia City. n_n Unforunately I didn't bother to soft reset for a good nature and it turned out to be a Gentle nature (which happens to raise Special Defense but lower its Defence).

Gotta say though, love its battle cry. XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I got the pass from the start pretty much. Thennn when I got to Castelia I had to figure out what boat to take. ;__; It was also hard to catch in general D; BUT I GOT IT. EVENTUALLY.

Years
  • Being that I only catch Pokemon with Pokeballs, Victini gave me a tough time. But after a few attempts, I managed to capture it and it shall be in my box forever. It's a nice Pokemon to have though, especially because of it's limited time availability.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Hi Guys,
    May i know if i can get another liberty pass once i play new game again?
    Well i'm just curious if you can get another liberty pass in your 2nd new game if in your first new game you already get the liberty pass.

Thanks

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Just got it yesterday (figured out I could use Mystery Gift WiFi and didn't have to go to Game Stop / EB Games for it).

Impish nature, so it's going to be an ATK sweeper basically. Permanent part of my team as I needed a Fire/Psychic Pokemon.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Hi Guys,
    May i know if i can get another liberty pass once i play new game again?
    Well i'm just curious if you can get another liberty pass in your 2nd new game if in your first new game you already get the liberty pass.

Thanks

Nope, it's only one Liberty Pass per Game, not per save, So unfortunately no.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I haven't caught Victini yet, but I got the Liberty Pass the first day Black came out. I just wanted to make sure I had it so I could catch it once I wanted to. XD

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I might miss out on this. It's the only reason I want a copy of the game so bad now, otherwise I guess I could wait.

I could download a ROM but then if I don't get an original game, EU version, by April 22nd, I won't be able to actually experience Liberty Island on my game :( I'll only have the Victini traded from the ROM where I would have experienced Liberty Island but I want to o everything on my original copy. Woe is me :(

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I downloaded the liberty ticket soon after I did the Zorua event.
    Then I caught it after I beat Elesa.

Novia

Psyduck Fangirl <3
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011
    I caught my Victini a few days ago and it's now a main member of my team :). I plan on trading it for a starter eventually but so far it's the only fire Pokemon I like so I might just keep it.

Growlithe52

Fire type pokemon
    Years
  • where?

where do I go to get Victini? (in game or otherwise) I also need to know how to get Suicune, Entei, Riaku, & Celebi in. do I trade them in or what?

-Growlithe
    P.S. I am NOT Gardinia101!!!! Please tell everyone that says i am to stop. Both Gardenia & I are nod happy about that. We r NOT the same person!!!

I doubt I'm gonna get him, I don't really like him lol.
    GRRR. Victini is my perfect Pokemon my fav types are fire & psychic. Grrrrr. I shall send Gigi/Gardinia101 after you for that.

-Growlithe
    P.S. Gardinia101 & I are NOT the same person!!! ( If u don't say that tell everybody that does)

Last edited:
    Years
  • The first thing that I did, even before I started the game, was downloading the Liberty Pass.

It really wasn't hard to catch the little critter. The second great ball I threw at it, I caught it.​

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    where do I go to get Victini? (in game or otherwise) I also need to know how to get Suicune, Entei, Riaku, & Celebi in. do I trade them in or what?

-Growlithe
    P.S. I am NOT Gardinia101!!!! Please tell everyone that says i am to stop. Both Gardenia & I are nod happy about that. We r NOT the same person!!!

GRRR. Victini is my perfect Pokemon my fav types are fire & psychic. Grrrrr. I shall send Gigi/Gardinia101 after you for that.

-Growlithe
    P.S. Gardinia101 & I are NOT the same person!!! ( If u don't say that tell everybody that does)

o_O

Okay, to get Victini, go to Mystery Gift in the main menu, click to get it via the nintendo wifi, then once you've done that, go to any Pokemon centre. The person on the left of the entrance should have a Liberty Pass for you. Then, go to Castelia City, on one of the ports, if you talk to a person, they'll let you travel to the location where you can get Victini.

As to how to get the others, from the FAQ:
    How do I activate the Relocator?
    In the left building at the north of Castelia is a man asking for a set of secret phrases. These phrases are used to enable the Relocator. The set of phrases are:
    EVERYONE HAPPY
    SIMPLE CONNECTION

How do I use the Relocator?
    Like with the PokéTransfer, you will need two DS' systems. The DS holding Black or White will send out a a DS Download play application on the main menu of the DS holding either Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver.

The Relocator can then be accessed from the main menu.

What can I transfer over with this machine?
    The Relocator is very limited unlike the PokéTransfer. The Pokémon you transfer over aren't just any kind of Pokémon, but specific event Pokémon, as well as one event item. These are:

The Liberty Pass is here! [Victini Event]

What is so special about these Pokémon and item?
    The shiny Johto Legendary Trio unlocks the Lostlorn Forest. Here you will meet a character speaking of a Pokémon of illusions. You will notice that this Pokémon is in the form of one of the shiny beasts depending on which of the trio Pokémon you sent over. After your first attack, you will notice the Pokémon to be a Zoroark. This is the only way you can capture a Zoroark in-game.

Transferring over Celebi will allow you to unlock a Zorua as a gift from a character located within one of the Castelia City gates.

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
  • Event Victini only??

I just got a Victini a few days ago (around Friday night) and now I read on serebii that only the event Victini given out during the Movie event will know V-Create. Do you think this is true? I don't want all my hard time training to go down the crapper, I wanted to teach my Victini V-Create! Do you think there will be the option to tutor your Victini to give it V-Create, or will it be that special one only?

Back