• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Life of a Pokemon Fire Red

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
Years
  • **Alright, you all have the right to call me paranoid after reading this**

Alright, call me crazy, but lately all I've been turning on my Pokemon Fire Red and Sapphire for is if I know I have a lead on new pokemon, or ideas that will further me to getting one (like training guys with "False Swipe)
    Anyway, the reason I do this is because I'm so friggin freaked out that someday I'll turn on my GBA and see "All the File Data Has been Erased!!!"
    I'm mainly worried about my Sapphire Version, cuz I've had it for 3 years, got over 200 Hours on it, and I have Jirachi and Deoxys in it...

What I want to know is- when do the GBA Pokemon games reach their ending point?
    FYI- I've kept them all in awesome shape, never dropped or dirtied or got any of 'em wet EVER. They're always in cases in "moderate"..err, maybe a little hotter, temperatures.

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    i believe some wikipedia article states that the internal battery for gameboy advanced cartridges are recharged when you turn the power on.

I'm 60% sure let me revisit it, if i remember the article...

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • I heard from a Nintendo Magazine that the game paks battery can last for about 5 years. <shrugs>
    But that was for the GB games though and it might be different for the GBA games.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
  • Tracey, he hasn't lost his data yet, he's just terrified of it happening out of the blue.

'What', that doesn't explain how, twice, I've come across games in which there displays a message stating that 'the internal battery has run dry', one from throwing it in the wash (?) and one from unknown causes.

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
  • Wow- it recharges when I turn it on? That's...awesome XD.

But yeah, i haven't lost any data yet...It's just that it happened once before...heh, it's actually a funny story looking back.
    I had my first gameboy game EVER: Pokemon Yellow. And in that game was, in my opinion, the most powerful water pokemon ever: Starmie. My Starmie was invincible against the Elite Four,
    Thunderbolt=Loralai Psychic=Bruno, Ice Beam=Lance...
    But of course I didn't understand how to keep the game safe from harm, and when I turned it on and saw that it was erased...(I WAS EIGHT YEARS OLD) I just started bawling, crying for my "precious Starmie"
    =P
    I do not like games that erase.

I'll go check out this Wikipedia thingamagig...
    But do ya think it would be worth it to buy a Gamecube and then get a "Pokemon Box"?

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    But do ya think it would be worth it to buy a Gamecube and then get a "Pokemon Box"?

please note: I said gameboy ADVANCED cartridges.

i have looked up GAMEBOY cartridges, and as i had said in some other thread,
    the battery will run out, and you must manually remove it,
    then buy another battery, and replace it yourself. but in addition to that, you must unscrew this and bolt that... it's not worth it. that's for GAMEBOY

as for the gameboy advanced, if you're not sure, it is definitely worth it to buy pokemon box. It has "unlockable" pokemon. cool

Crystal Walrein: iono you might want to research that on google and post back with your results.

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
  • Eh...
    If my battery was to "run dry", I probably wouldn't go through all that trouble of fixing it-
    I'd mostly likely throw it to the wall, stomp on it a few times, forget about Pokemon forever, and play Final Fantasy VIII.

I've been wanting a Gamecube for a while, I suppose there wouldn't be any harm buying one and getting "Box"...together that's what, $150?

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
  • Tracey, he hasn't lost his data yet, he's just terrified of it happening out of the blue.

Nonono, I didn't mean that, or I have made a mistake writing.

It's a shame that the games die and you lost all Pokémon...

I wanted to say that "Someday, the game will die".

BTW...When the Internal Battery runs dry in Sapphire Version, you can play, but the time don't run. Berries don't grow...Days don't pass...Well, you can play, but it isn't the same thing.

And I know that because I have used for a long time an old version of an emulator, and I've played with the Battery dry.

I wonder if you can play with the dry Battery in FR...

RoMeRz

Scotland The Brave
    Years
  • would hope so, or else FR LG and Emerald are all b*ggerd as they all use the same 'engine' do they not.

Back