• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lion King!

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
  • Nants Ingonyama Bakithi Baba!
    Ths thread is for the people who love The Lion King, this isn't just for the first film it goes for 2 and 1.5 and the musical.

Which is your favourite character, quote, part, song, etc.

My faves are:
    Characters: Simba, Scar and Mufasa.

Parts: The whole movie and for the second one the whole movie.

Songs: Circle of Life, I just can't wait to be King, Be Prepared, Hakuna Matata, Can you feel the Love Tonight, He Lives In You, We Are One, My Lullaby, Upendi and One Of Us!

Scores: All the ones in the first and second movies!

Quotes: Scar "Run away Simba, Run, Run away and never return!"
    Scar "I despise guessing games".

So post your opinions!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • n_n I cannot begin to talk about how excited I am to see Lion King in theatres again this fall. In 3D, to boot! Yaaay!

I haven't seen the sequels though. Well, I saw TLK2 and remember not really liking it much, but I listen to the soundtrack often enough because Simba's singing voice on it is done by my favourite voice actor (Cam Clarke! ♥). But I never saw 1.5 and heard it wasn't great anyway. :x

My favourite songs are Be Prepared, He Lives in You, and then like every single song on the Rhythm of the Pridelands album.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
  • Im so excited!!! The Lion King was one of my favorite movies as a kid... And the musical is one my all time favorites as well. Can't wait! So happy to hear there going to have it in 3D

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • My favourite songs are Be Prepared, He Lives in You, and then like every single song on the Rhythm of the Pridelands album.
    Same. Well, not Rhythm of the Pridelands because I've never listened to it, but I think Be Prepared is probably my favourite in the movie. And He Lives in You is so much better than Circle of Life as an opening song, that's one song the sequel did right.... even if the song was from Rhythm originally and the broadway show.

I've seen it in HD and it looked slightly off. Most of the 2D classics from the 90's look kinda off in HD. The background characters and their lack of detail really stand out. And it's too smooth, kinda like a Flash animation. But, Lion King fared better than Beauty and the Beast did.

I'm interested in seeing it in 3D this fall and how 2D animation works out in the conversion as opposed to a CGI film or stop-motion.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I am sooooo totally gonna see this in 3D this September! I am so excited!! This is gonna bring so many memories, and I'm bringing my little sister to this as well...so I can tell her what my childhood was like. xD

My favorite song? Hakuna Matata and Circle of Life. My favorite character is Nala. <3

Back