• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Longest You Spent Soft-Resting for a Shiny

Years
    Questions tells all.
    The longest I spent was a painstaking 12,224 soft resets for a shiny Entei. Everytime I ran into Entei in my Firered game for the first time, if it wasn't shiny, I SR'd my game. This took 4 and a half years. I ran into it, on average, about 50 times a week (do the math). It's taking me more times to find other shinies (37,881 for my shiny Kyogre), but that didn't take as long.

So what about you?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    i soft reset to get a shiny kyogre i was doing for about oh at least good 12 hours thats a total of hours by the way. I did get it to be a shiny but i killed it X(

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm still SRing for a shiny Kyogre in Sapphire. I haven't given it a good try in a few months now, though. I should probably get back at it. I was probably around 200+ last time I tried, though.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I never soft reset just for the pokemon. I'd prefer getting a pokemon with perfect IV's than a pokemon for bragging rights.

I will say that I thought about it many times though; pink crobat=win.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    I feel bad for saying this but i soft reset 4 times to get a shinny charmander starter

Last edited:

Nintendee

Look Into My Eyes....
    Years
    I never soft reset just for the pokemon. I'd prefer getting a pokemon with perfect IV's than a pokemon for bragging rights.

I will say that I thought about it many times though; pink crobat=win.

I got a pink crobat (= win :)) in the gts once
    I feel bad for saying this but i soft reset 4 times to get a shinny charmander starter

lucky as. I myself have been trying to get a shiny starter in SoulSliver for about 2 hours, but it got boring and i stopped.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I never soft reset for shinies. I think that shinies are only awesome if you come across them completely by accident. That's why I don't Pokeradar for them either.

Years
    what a waste of time & brainpower. You'd be better off learning a foreign language or philosophy or woodwork or something. Why not just buy the shineys & spend some time levelling up battling, much more entertaining.

Years
    Don't post here if your gonna comment on what a waste it is to soft-reset for a shiny. Its fun and exciting to me.
    Also, I finally got my Shiny Rayquaza today in Sapphire after about 3600 soft resets.

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
    Years
    I have SR'ed for a shiny Groudon (yay at gold Groudon) like 500+ on my Ruby (lol) and I still don't have it -.- but i won't start SR'ing again. Try the RNG (random number generator) trick on D/P/Pt (and Emerald), it saves you a lot of time and effort.

Last edited:

clairefable

first class scamp
    Years
    I've been trying since July for a shiny Groudon. I wouldn't like to think about how many times I must have SR'd in that time. ;^;

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
    I tried SR'ing for Ho-oh in FireRed. I calculated that it would take me 4 weeks of soft resetting for an hour a day. I gave up after 3 days.

Back