• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lyrics Challenge.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I'll be using my favorite song of all eternity, Typical by Mute Math, with the game being Soul Silver. In keeping with 'typical' Pokémon tradion, my Trainer's name will be Gold, and the rival's name will of course be ???. Just a note: I won't be posting updates on this thread, but that doesn't mean I won't be proceeding with the challenge.

Come on, get a dream for one day -- Gardevoir (in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, a Gardevoir appears to the player in his or her dreams; in addition, they never lose faith in their master, no matter how hopeless and lost they are, always trying to help the master find their way or dreams)
    There's nothing that can't be done -- Salamence (As a Bagon, they all hope to get wings, and when they become Salamence this happens)
    But how long should it take somebody / before they can be someone? -- Cubone (based on my personal experience; the first time I played Red Rescue Team, I was a Cubone)
    Well, I know there's got to be another level / somewhere closer to the other side -- Dusknoir ('The other side' being the dimension after death or spirit world. According to the Pokédex, it receives radio waves from the spirit world, suggesting the presence of another side to the universe.)
    And I'm feeling like it's now or never -- Roserade (In one episode of the anime, a typically shy Roserade dons a red scarf and makes a spur-of-the-moment decision to defend its garden and home from invaders.)
    Can I break the spell of the typical? -- Mantine (I wanted to use Entei for this -- breaking the Spell of the Unown, geddit? -- but then there's the Legendary thing. Baww. So instead I used Mantine, one of Molly Hale's imaginary Pokémon also from Spell of the Unown. Furthermore, Mantine is far from a typical choice on most teams. XD)

I may need a HM slave, but it will be removed and replaced with the appropriate team member as soon as possible.

Last edited:

rippedupmemories

Team Cool Kids
    Years
  • On a balcony in summer air-Pidgeot (obvious reason.)

That you were Romeo-Houndour (male. The Romeo of the pokemon world in my book)

And my daddy said stay away from Juliet-Cyndaquil (female. Juliet of the pokemon world in my book)

So I sneak out to the garden-Roselia (Rose pokemon, and it's grass. I consider it the garden pokemon)

You'll be the prince-Pichu (male...the price to the princess in my book, because Pikachu is the king.)

and I'll be the princess- Kirlia (female. the princess in my book, because Gardevoir is the queen. i'll trade it over as a ralts early on.)

Love Story by Taylor Swift. My favorite song. This will be my favorite challenge EVER! It'll be on HeartGold and i'll be trading some over early on in the game.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    Started off my challenge with Leaves the Bulbasaur. Beat my rival easily, destroyed a whole bunch of Rattata, delivered Oak's parcel, and got some balls. Caught Breeze the Pidgey, and started killing Caterpies. By the time I got to Brock Leaves was on 13, so he pretty much swept the whole gym. Now just outside Mt. Moon, trying for a Nidoran Female.

Years
  • My take at this challenge is not quite dead yet, in fact I've managed to get to Pewter City so far, levels range between 8 and 5. And Wailmer still doesn't know any attacking moves =(
    EDIT: Petalburg, not Pewter.

MythologicalHAX

Psychic Nightmare
    Years
  • My song will be basketcase by Greenday

Spoiler:

my team:
    Snorlax
    Psyduck
    Hoothoot (Hacking in route 1)
    Muk (will be hacked in as starter cuz i dont wanna have to solo half the game witha hoothoot lol)

I will be using Firered

Last edited:

Altaïr

... Has one gear: Go
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    I'll join with a playthrough of White using one verse of the song Winning by Charlie Sheen (lol)
    ...I was bangin 7 gram rocks, that's how I roll - winning
    I have one gear: GO - epic winning
    Are you bipolar?
    I'm bi-winning
    Win here, win there, win win everywhere...

Gear has one gear!
    Jiheddo has 2 heads!
    Dewgong is an ice type!
    Persian, coz it's the 2nd evolution in meowth's Evolutionary line (bi), and Meowth wins much cash with his amulet coin(winning)!
    Rocks... That's all that Graveler is!
    Marill~I remember a few years ago I couldn't beat the Pastoria gym (lol) so I watched Marilland's walkthrough for it... And "that's just how he rolls!"

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • Okay, I updated the thread. I also hope to actually start on my challenge soon, lol.

Back