• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The main character's ages?

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2017
    I was wondering how old each main character that we play as was in the main series. All the protagonists. If no age is confirmed, is there anything that points in the direction of the ages? I know they kind of made them older in B/W/X/Y but it looks like we're younger again in S/M.

Years
    I'm guessing they're all 10, that's the standard for the age you receive your first Pokemon. I'm not sure what evidence there is to suggest otherwise so I've always just assumed they're 10.

Years
    Well obviously, there's no standard age, because we have kindergarteners running around with Arcanines and shit. Still, I'm pretty sure you have to be ten to get a Pokemon from the local Professor, so yeah.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    May and Brendan are confirmed to be 12 in ORAS, via the TV thing on the PokeNav.

Red and Leaf are supposed to be 10 or 11, but I don't remember where/how that was confirmed.

Hilda, Hilbert, Nate, and Rosa are ~14 years old, according to some interview.

Everyone else is unconfirmed/unknown, though it's likely that Ethan, Lyra, Kris, Dawn, and Lucas are all closer to the Gen 1 or 3 protagonists in age, while Calem and Serena are more likely closer to the age of the Gen 5 protagonists. Sun/Moon player characters are up for speculation.

Hikarin

SOS Chain Overflow
    Years
    Just at a glance, I always assumed that Sun/Moon protagonists were also 12 or so, but that's just from looks. With 40-year-olds who look like they're 20, and 12-year-olds who look like they're 8, you never know anymore, though...

Back