• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Masuda Method?

DCFC_Woody

Shinny Hunter
Years
  • Does anyone use this method for obtaining shinys still or is it gone old news? :L
    I've only just found out it exsists, and therefore been at it for a while an had some serious luck, post your past experiences with it ;)

Last edited:

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • I tried it once; about 70 eggs later, still no shiny, so I gave up and decided not to waste my time any more. Every time I breed, I still use my Japanese Ditto just in case, but I'm just not very lucky I guess.

Years
  • i've only been doing it for like a little over a week because i just found out about it too and i havent gotten anything >.>

DCFC_Woody

Shinny Hunter
    Years
  • Well tbh I've never had any luck what so ever when it came to encounting shinys randomly in the wild but I always loved shiny's so when the poke'radar came out in diamond and pearl I fell in love haha and from then on I've been collecting shinys, Last night I had a shiny Feebass on my 67th egg just pure luck I think (: happiest dude alive now tho cause its a quite nature which boosts Spe.Attack and its Mischevious characteristics ;) so really I've been the luckiest man out there haha and milotics my favorite pokemon

Poké-Master1

Pokemon Champion
    Years
  • DCFC Do I know you?? :L Well i've got 270 charmanders.... still not a shiny one but i'm still trying xD dont ask me why im sooo bored with it I just want a black charizard :P

DCFC_Woody

Shinny Hunter
    Years
  • Starting yesterday, I have now bred 22 Trapinches and I JUST WANT A SHINY FLYGON!!!!!!!!!! >:[

Just stick at it mate and you'll be rewarded (:

Im on 280 charmanders and not had any luck so far but thats life, people have been known to exceed 51 boxes, and 3000 hatches but we'll just see

Back